Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Need Help In Calibrating Saitek St90 Joystick In Dosbox For Star Trek 25th Anniversary Enhanced Cd Rom (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=11345)

Glenn Roberts 12-08-2006 09:25 AM

Is there any way I can calibrate my three button USB Saitek ST90 joystick running in dosbox for the game Star Trek 25th anniversary? I am running dosbox in win xp pro anbd I havecalibrated my joystick in win xp pro, but it makes no difference when I run dosbox. I have a dosbox patch that lets you use a joystrick with dosbox...it is caled...joystick6.exe.

It DOES WORK with this game, but the cursor keeps drifting all over the screen and it will not stay still by itself!
I normally would just use the calibration program inside the game, but I cannot see a calibration function for Star Trek 25th anniversary enhanced CD rom. I don't think it has one...so is there a way I can calibrate the joystick inside dosbox? I have version 0.65. Thanks.

guesst 12-08-2006 01:20 PM

Wow, if this isn't the most complete question asked on this board in a while.

My thought is to go to the control panel->game controllers and be sure it's calibrated there first.

Guest 13-08-2006 02:00 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guesst @ Aug 12 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]248096[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Wow, if this isn't the most complete question asked on this board in a while.

My thought is to go to the control panel->game controllers and be sure it's calibrated there first.
[/b]

Well I have done that, but it seems to only affect win xp. Anything else I could try?

The Fifth Horseman 16-08-2006 02:40 PM

ST25thA works fine enough with mouse and keyboard.

Guest 16-08-2006 05:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Aug 16 2006, 02:40 PM) [snapback]248938[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

ST25thA works fine enough with mouse and keyboard.
[/b]

Well for you it might, but not for me! I am an old "wing commander" fan that likes to use the joystick. And since this game has joystick support that is why I asked if there was any way to configure it in dosbox. But I guess there is not.

And the joystick even not working right gets me far better results than trying to turn the enterprise around with a keyboard.

The Fifth Horseman 17-08-2006 02:20 PM

Hmm. You might want to ask around here, that's where you can get in touch with the development team.

der unbekannte 17-12-2009 08:13 AM

well,i like star trek 25 aniversary and the sequel judgment rites....(and Wc 1-3,Privateer 1 and strike commander)

but i NEVER didnt know that it can played it with a joystick.

i mean : the game never asked me to calibrate a joystick.(and i see nothing in the original manuals about this)

ps: Hey, the Enterprise is not a Hornet.and for the adventure part (and it is an adventure game) you dont need a joystick or do you?

pps:a little joke: in the first mission ,there is a way to kill all when the Klingon "androids" attack (i mean the klingon who shots you too.)just shot at him at the same time the klingon does (you must see his phaser) .

Eagle of Fire 17-12-2009 05:48 PM

This is Troubleshooting, not Bla Bla Bla. Random discussions and especially necroposting are not welcome here.

-EoF

The current time is 04:30 PM (GMT)