Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   To Xbox360 Or Not? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=8109)

efthimios 18-11-2005 01:01 PM

Well guys/gals, shall I get one or not? I seriously cannot decide! If I do, I will use a PC monitor for it (somehow) and not a 70" TV.

Blood-Pigggy 18-11-2005 01:08 PM

I suggest you get it.
Not for "ooh, graphics" but instead for all the cool games that were already announced, besides, you're going to get all that without worrying about updating your PC, I pre-ordered one, and I'm hoping to play lots with it.

P.S. You realize by starting this thread there will be several people who will just tell you not to buy it because they said "It'll be behind" in a couple of years, or they just don't like consoles.

Partizanka 18-11-2005 01:25 PM

I really like consoles, but I havn't seen any solid arguments on why the 360 (Or really, any of the next generation consoles) is going to be worth 400 dollars. The backwards compatabilty is crippling, requiring both a Hard Drive and a Live account and not even including older games. I also havn't seen any games worth the price yet except maybe Kameo, but its not worth the purchase of a 360. Certainly nothing at Launch.

If you like good games and NEED a console, get a PS2. Its got the most games that are not available on the PC that are good. Although I've been considering a DS for all my away from home Tactical gaming needs (The new Battles of Prince of Persia game looks particularly nice)

A. J. Raffles 18-11-2005 02:41 PM

Call me ignorant, but what exactly is an Xbox 360?:huh: I mean, what does it do as opposed to other consoles?

Stebbi 18-11-2005 03:05 PM

The answer i s easy .....YES oblivon is coming on xbox360 so yeah xbox360 man

Partizanka 18-11-2005 03:25 PM

Its also coming to PC and on PC it will have all the things that made Morrowind playable.

Mods.

You won't see anywhere near the quality or quantity of mods on the Xbox as you will on PC, if any at all.

Quintopotere 18-11-2005 03:34 PM

I dislike all the consoles, so I suggest you to save money and use you spare time in a better way! :tomato: :whistle: :D

TheChosen 18-11-2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Partizanka@Nov 18 2005, 04:25 PM
Its also coming to PC and on PC it will have all the things that made Morrowind playable.

Mods.

You won't see anywhere near the quality or quantity of mods on the Xbox as you will on PC, if any at all.

I agree with this.

Consoles come and go, but people play with PC forever.

And thanks to people like us, old pc games arent forgotten.

Fruit Pie Jones 18-11-2005 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Nov 18 2005, 09:41 AM
Call me ignorant, but what exactly is an Xbox 360?:huh:
It's like a regular Xbox...but it's round.

DeathDude 18-11-2005 04:45 PM

The launch is looking pretty good for X-Box 360 some good games coming out, preorders are loading up I've heard and it will definitely be one of the hottest gifts this Christmas, am I going to get it though, nope :bleh: saving up for revolution and ps3 which will crush the X-Box 360 I hope. :angel:

The current time is 09:39 AM (GMT)