Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Cga Section (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=2994)

marko river 08-02-2005 01:26 PM

All right now, I know I haven't been here for a while but exams are over, so I guess I'm back a little.

Kosta already said there can't be CGA games on Abandonia. He doesn't want low quality ones here and he doesn't want to have many small games just to increase total number of games on the site.

Well, if game is CGA it doesn't necessary means that it is not good. And if don't want them for increasing the number, fine. I have idea.

Why shouldn't we start new section for CGA? Entire section can't require much space since games are in KB and we can look professional and even answer someones curiosity in case he needs something or wants to see old game. This could be often, since lot of good games are just copycats of old ones.

Now, this section doesn't have to look like games section and games in it WILL NOT be numbered. I want to start this and will take care of it, since no addim and owner is interested. But, since it won't eat much space and I'm willing to do that, why not?

Omuletzu 08-02-2005 03:22 PM

I think the best of the cga games should be uploaded next to the normal games .I don't like their graphics, but as you have said, there are some good ones.No need to open up another section...

Luchsen 08-02-2005 03:27 PM

Right, you shouldn't wrong good cga games only because there are many bad ones. There must be a compromiss (extra page with other title?).

marko river 08-02-2005 03:37 PM

I know folks, but Kosta spoken.....
He said he wants NO CGA games. I actually wanted to make some packes, like International Karate and World Karate Championship (which are same, except for the backgrounds). Pack won't have more then 100kb, you can count them as 1 game, and what is most important gameplay is amazingly smooth. Same goes for Rad Warrior. Then there are some legends like Shinobi.

Well, keep on with suggestions and comments. Let's see what people think.

Sebatianos 08-02-2005 04:17 PM

As much as I love these games I really hate the CGA PC versions. Those games looked so much better on C64 (not to mention Amiga).

There should be more remakes (but I don't know if they would be uploaded).

xoopx 08-02-2005 04:19 PM

hah. what happens in 2015 if someone says "we dont want to host low quality graphics games like monkey island"

Maikel 08-02-2005 05:34 PM

That's their right to do so :P

Anyway, I don't know any true classics in CGA except sokoban :D

Wael 08-02-2005 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Maikel@Feb 8 2005, 06:34 PM
That's their right to do so :P

Anyway, I don't know any true classics in CGA except sokoban :D

Archon?

Sebatianos 08-02-2005 09:13 PM

Styx?

wormpaul 09-02-2005 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by marko_river@Feb 8 2005, 02:26 PM
All right now, I know I haven't been here for a while but exams are over, so I guess I'm back a little.

I missed ya :angel: :angel:

The current time is 01:06 PM (GMT)