Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   The Romanian Section (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=18692)

TotalAnarchy 18-01-2009 03:58 PM

The Romanian Section

Well I usually stick with the english version of the site. But there is a reason to that. 1-2 years ago when I first saw abandonia, I tried to stay on the romanian version, but there were like 2-3 games there, and none really interested me. I thought that now the situation has changed somehow towards the better and I'm really surprised that it's the same. So here are the questions:

1. How can I contribute at expanding the romanian version?
2. Do I need to write my own reviews or can I just translate the english ones?
3. Is it possible to display correctly the romanian-only characters "ă,î,ş,ţ,â"? When I read the romanian reviews I see only question marks...

_r.u.s.s. 18-01-2009 04:01 PM

i believe some mod will see this and add you to romanian translating team

you don't have to write your own reviews, it just gets translated :)
but you can of course contribute and write a review for a new game and translate it into your language as well

btw the characters are the bug that happened to all foreign languages with server move =( they can be displayed, but each game needs a personal care

The Fifth Horseman 18-01-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

1. How can I contribute at expanding the romanian version?
By becoming a translator.
However, for the time being the translations are halted due to a bug (attempting to add a translation overwrote the original review instead).
Quote:

2. Do I need to write my own reviews or can I just translate the english ones?
We generally prefer to keep to just translating the English version of the site.
Quote:

3. Is it possible to display correctly the romanian-only characters "ă,î,ş,ţ,â"? When I read the romanian reviews I see only question marks...
I believe this is a result of some glitch during the site upgrade. The reviews would need to be edited and the broken characters replaced with correct ones.

TotalAnarchy 18-01-2009 04:10 PM

Ok, I understand how things stand now. So when will I be able to start translating?

The Fifth Horseman 18-01-2009 04:16 PM

You can start translating reviews already, but will only be able to add them to the site when that problem is resolved.

Right now there is a number of uncertainities regarding the site's current ownership status and some related details. That will be resolved in next two weeks, and then we'll know whom to talk with about fixing this problem.

TotalAnarchy 18-01-2009 04:21 PM

Ok, got it. For starters, I think I'll translate the reviews to my favourite games. Hope you resolve the owner issue. I don't want to write them and have nowhere to post them. :)

The Fifth Horseman 18-01-2009 04:29 PM

I'm giving you access to the Translator forum now.

TotalAnarchy 18-01-2009 04:49 PM

Thank You. I'll start reading the romanian crew's thread and see their progress through the years.

The current time is 07:05 PM (GMT)