Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   "grand Slam" - Beaseball Sim (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=10140)

Shiner 03-05-2006 12:24 PM

Hey there,

I downloaded "Grand Slam" from the underdogs the other day and tried to run it, the game says that it needs Win95 to run so I set the exe file to emulate Win95, yet the game only shows start credits and then crashes to desktop at the title screen. I really like this game, any suggetions?

Thanx

Specs: WinXP Pro SP2, 512 RAM, Nvidia 6800 GS

bruno 04-05-2006 10:37 AM

We only reply to games that you download from Abandonia...... :whistle:

Bobbin Threadbare 04-05-2006 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by little fish@May 4 2006, 08:37 PM
We only reply to games that you download from Abandonia...... :whistle:
I concur get it from AB and if you have the same problem, we may reply. Or just shut up. Also, I thought HOTU was dead. I don't know whther this is ESA'd, but if it is your pirated! You probably shouldn't've said you DLed it.

Eagle of Fire 04-05-2006 12:52 PM

Don't be too harsh. As per rule 5, the priority is given to the games we have on this site but it doesn't mean we systematically boycott help requests from games which doesn't come from this site.

Since you say that your "Grand Slam" game is for Windows 95, I'm pretty sure you can't find it on this site. We have a "Monster Grand Slam" game here but I don't think they are related. So the only help I could give you is to play with the compatibility settings and set them to Win95 when you run the program.

The Fifth Horseman 04-05-2006 04:04 PM

From what I understand, his post implies he already did that...

Try MS Virtual PC and install Win95 on it. See if that works better.

Shiner 04-05-2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

I concur get it from AB and if you have the same problem, we may reply. Or just shut up. Also, I thought HOTU was dead. I don't know whther this is ESA'd, but if it is your pirated! You probably shouldn't've said you DLed it.
HOTU is protective of ESA rights and laws just the same as Abandonia.

Quote:

Try MS Virtual PC and install Win95 on it
I'll try that, thx Horseman.

The Fifth Horseman 04-05-2006 06:27 PM

No prob.

Quote:

HOTU is protective of ESA rights and laws just the same as Abandonia.
Wrong. They willingly host several ESA-protected titles, even though they don't have the permission. Shadow of the Comet and Prisoner of Ice, for instance.
I know that from Sebastianos.

Shiner 04-05-2006 08:03 PM

Quote:

Wrong. They willingly host several ESA-protected titles, even though they don't have the permission. Shadow of the Comet and Prisoner of Ice, for instance.
Wierd, I came across several titles on HOTU which were stated unavailable for download due to ESA restrictions.

Eagle of Fire 05-05-2006 01:14 AM

Please folks, just a friendly warning here: let's not turn this thread into a HOTU bashing fest or anything even remotely the same.

Let's get back on topic. :)

The Fifth Horseman 05-05-2006 11:06 AM

Quote:

Wierd, I came across several titles on HOTU which were stated unavailable for download due to ESA restrictions.
When they are ordered by ESA to take a game down, they do that. But there are cases where they just hope that ESA will not notice.

The current time is 09:01 PM (GMT)