Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Prophecy for 2009 (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=18477)

Pythia 30-12-2008 05:49 PM

Prophecy for 2009

Hello there, Abandonians. I am Pythia, the Prophet. I have been asked to come here and help you see a glimpse of what the future holds.

We're standing at crossroads. This year is at an end. People are insecure about the future of Abandonia, and reminiscing the past. This is a place of nostalgia, on so many levels.

Now, I have a gift, that lets me see things unhappened. I have traveled wide and far, seen kings and emperors, warlords and heroes, to guide them and council.

Now let us proceed. The future is not as bleak as many may see it. There will be bad things, of course, but there will also be great things.

~~~~~

Love

There will be love. New, fresh, young love. The members have already joined, but do not know each other well by now. That will change early on the next year.

They will meet in the living world by the end of next year and will be very happy.

But another couple will split. A couple that has already formed. One of them is active, but the other is a mere lurker.

Future of Abandonia

Ooh, this is juicy. I see a saviour. A knight in a shiny armour. He shall help us in ways nobody could have imagined were possible. He will come with new ideas, new points of view and bring you all hope. He will keep those ideas hidden for a while, but then emerge into the open. Just wait.
He is already in your rows.

The Old King shall return, but not for long.

Old Abandonians

More old Abandonians are yet to return. Some of them only for a moment, others will linger on. They will be welcomed greatly.

New Abandonians

There will be an increase in new Abandonians, too. They will need guidance at first, but in time they will become solid and helpful members. Some of them will come as a good surprise.

Politics

There will be a change in the row of leaders. Old ones will go out, new ones will come in. Controversial, but will prove good in the end.

~~~~~

Now I have told you what I know of the future here. My duty here is done.
Just remember. There will always be those testing your patience. But there are also friends and allies.

May the new year bring you hope and happiness.

DoomYoshi 30-12-2008 05:56 PM

My mission for the next year is to prove all these prophecies false... which will be difficult since they are vague over-generalizations and could apply to any forum at any time. I hate prophets.

Kugerfang 30-12-2008 05:58 PM

Do not believe the False Prophets.

Freyja 30-12-2008 06:09 PM

Hehe nice, it'll be interesting to see if something of this will happen :p

Lulu_Jane 30-12-2008 06:13 PM

I wonder who's using a proxy to post this.

Blood-Pigggy 30-12-2008 06:25 PM

I refuse to believe it.

Fruit Pie Jones 30-12-2008 06:36 PM

Like many prophecies, at least those put forth in recent times, yours are vague enough to almost be tautologies. There is one test, however, that only a true prophet can pass. It is a simple question, only seven words in length, but the answer has proven to be as elusive as the philosopher's stone. It is said that the search for the answer has driven many to madness and some to an early grave. I present the question to you now. Do not answer it lightly:

When will Duke Nukem Forever be released?

Good luck.

GTX2GvO 30-12-2008 06:39 PM

As long as I'm not that savior, all those prophesy's are fine by me. :amused:

*Polished his (Web)Space Helmet*

Lulu_Jane 30-12-2008 06:40 PM

Saying "never" seven times isn't a proper sentence though...

Pythia 30-12-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

I wonder who's using a proxy to post this.
Like I mentioned, Lulu_Jane, I have been asked to come here and that is in full cooperation with an admin. So that should not be a problem.

Quote:

When will Duke Nukem Forever be released?
You test me, Fruit Pie Jones.
Like you may have seen, I am not able to say when during the year an event will happen.
I can tell you this:

Duke Nukem Forever will be released in 2009, but do not waste your money on it. It will be utter crap.

The current time is 07:26 AM (GMT)