Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Gruntz (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=33979)

Japo 14-10-2017 09:08 PM

Gruntz

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

tienkhoanguyen 14-10-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 469259)
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

The game is commercial quality thank you to thơse who did a wonderful job creating it. There is a cartoon that made me laugh. Top rated xp game for kids and kid at heart. Even Jesus Christ our God sáy so. Guarantee top quality from an oficial recommendation of someone trained to program for 2 years in Lehigh County Community College who went to an Ivy League school

Mystvan 15-10-2017 12:30 AM

I did not play this game, but the screenshots look pretty interesting.

Grand Emperor Japo(deis) :king:, I checked the Mobygames website, and it says that both the developer and the publisher of the game are the same: Monolith. :dunno:

This game reminds me of some that I have played such as Commander Keen series and Dizzy series, but it seems that this game has puzzles to solve and fulfill the missions.

I am impressed that the (Mi)Lady of the Rings :frodo: really write well-made and organized review. Maybe it is her very precious (Gollum! Gollum!) and born talent. :mhh:

EDIT:

I also checked on the Wikipedia about the Gruntz entry and there also has information that the Developer and Publisher are the same Monolith.

Frodo 15-10-2017 03:26 AM

Myst, I have the game. If you look at the boxshots I sent in, you'll even see the Microids logo there.

You can also see the logo on the boxshots at Moby Games :)

Glad you like the review :OK:
I urge you to try the game, as well. Those poor wee Gruntz need you to save them. :smile2:

Japo 15-10-2017 05:52 AM

We have more accurate information than Mobygames? :max:

Mystvan 15-10-2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 469267)
Myst, I have the game. If you look at the boxshots I sent in, you'll even see the Microids logo there.

You can also see the logo on the boxshots at Moby Games :)

Glad you like the review :OK:
I urge you to try the game, as well. Those poor wee Gruntz need you to save them. :smile2:

(Mi)Lady of the Rings :frodo:... Yes, you are right. :OK: Thanks for the clarification. :)

Oh, and thanks for the incentive to play Gruntz. But before that, I need to click on your precious (Gollum! Gollum!) baby dragon eggs to grow them and help me save the wee Gruntz. Hellp! :sos:

Capo 15-10-2017 04:21 PM

finally i can post something interesting on the facebook page :OK:

BranjoHello 15-10-2017 06:11 PM

Love the game. Played it some years ago and completed more than 50% I think...should go back and finish the job. :)

tienkhoanguyen 16-10-2017 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 469265)
I did not play this game, but the screenshots look pretty interesting.

Grand Emperor Japo(deis) :king:, I checked the Mobygames website, and it says that both the developer and the publisher of the game are the same: Monolith. :dunno:

This game reminds me of some that I have played such as Commander Keen series and Dizzy series, but it seems that this game has puzzles to solve and fulfill the missions.

I am impressed that the (Mi)Lady of the Rings :frodo: really write well-made and organized review. Maybe it is her very precious (Gollum! Gollum!) and born talent. :mhh:

EDIT:

I also checked on the Wikipedia about the Gruntz entry and there also has information that the Developer and Publisher are the same Monolith.

Dear Myst,

Thanks for the info on Moby! Moby says it is a Windows game and it also correctly says Lemmings is a DOS game. However from experience waiting for the long download of 30 minutes through slow connections Gruntz is a Windows XP game. All you need to do is unzip and run Gruntz. If you ever get bored I suggest Gruntz and Lemmings to pass the time unless you have other games already. I do not and have all my DOS games missing mysteriously. So these two additions at the very least I am grateful to Jesus Christ for all my blessings!!!:OK:

Smiling Spectre 16-10-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 469265)
URL="http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/gruntz"]Mobygames website[/url], and it says that both the developer and the publisher of the game are the same: Monolith. :dunno:

There is one trick. Moby can show only one release, but it not necessary means that there is one release _at all_. Click released date, and you'll be surprised. :)

Japo, old-games.ru have full version. Maybe worth to upload it to ISO-section? Also, there is Fan site with patch and many custom levels (that will not work with RIP, unfortunately. :|

Mystvan 16-10-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 469275)

Capo :poke: (not Japo :king: nor Paco :paco:), are you responsible for the Abandonia page on Facebook? :omg: :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by BranjoHello (Post 469279)
Love the game. Played it some years ago and completed more than 50% I think...should go back and finish the job. :)

Hello, Branjo :hello:. In your case, I think it would be more of a case of “Back to the Past”... Branjo, Hello :byesad:. Whoops. :doh: Would not it be better for me to say: Hello, Marty(r)? :wacko: :tease: :woot: :hypno2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 469288)
There is one trick. Moby can show only one release, but it not necessary means that there is one release _at all_. Click released date, and you'll be surprised. :)

Japo, old-games.ru have full version. Maybe worth to upload it to ISO-section? Also, there is Fan site with patch and many custom levels (that will not work with RIP, unfortunately. :|

It was interesting information, Grandmaster Spectre-man :borg:. You’ve finally gotten a checkmate in the controversy. :clap: Did it have the collaboration of Miss Lulu_Jane Marple :lulu: and Air-cule Parrot :braindead:? XD

Capo 17-10-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 469294)
Capo :poke: (not Japo :king: nor Paco :paco:), are you responsible for the Abandonia page on Facebook? :omg: :o

Want to take my place?

Japo 17-10-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 469275)

And thanks for posting!! ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 469288)

We can host directly files up to 700 MB approximately, according to Abovo. Also cellar is possible -- hosting link has to be provided by requester.

Frodo 17-10-2017 08:21 PM

This is the full version. Voices, sounds, and movies are all here.

The multiplayer doesn't work, but that's because there is no longer any servers to provide multiplayer.

Mystvan 18-10-2017 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 469300)
Want to take my place?

I really thank you for your offer and I feel very honored, but I decline your offer. :)

I think you are more capable than I am at this function. :rocks:

After all, you are Twinsen :poke: of Japo :king: and Paco :paco:. Not to mention that the three of you together merge into a very powerful ultimate Gestalt / Combiner :coward: named The Three Musketeers :3monkey: :swordfight:, because of the “All for One and One for All„ and “Union makes Force / strength„! May the Force be with you! :3monkey: :lightsaber:

EDIT:

I wonder if Paco’s ears have been red and itchy (not Capo :poke: nor Japo :king:) every time he is mentioned by Poke-man :poke2:...

Hmmm :mhh:... If Paco’s ears are still very hot, red and itching, as in the case of rosacea (unfortunately I have it! :blush: :sick:), I suggest an alternative solution to soften the problem. Just shake and fan the ears cooling the region as if it were fan, Dumbo and / or Topo Gigio... :eeee: :mighty:

Thus, the ears serve as a cooler to cool the head :cold: if it is too hot. Otherwise, the head might even burn :flame:...

Smiling Spectre 24-10-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 469304)
This is the full version. Voices, sounds, and movies are all here.

Well, it says "Customz Levels from the Single Player Menu isn't available either.", so I assumed that game missed this functionality.

Also, it's 8Mb, when even old-games rip is 75Mb. And full version is 556Mb. So I assumed that there is _no_ voices, sounds and movies.

But I didn't test it.

Frodo 24-10-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 469344)
Well, it says "Customz Levels from the Single Player Menu isn't available either.", so I assumed that game missed this functionality.

Also, it's 8Mb, when even old-games rip is 75Mb. And full version is 556Mb. So I assumed that there is _no_ voices, sounds and movies.

But I didn't test it.

Where are you getting 8MB from? :mhh: The archive I gave to AB is 270MB.
I don't know if the Old Games version even works, but you're welcome to pay them to download it if you want (their downloads are not free). :max:

This 556MB "full version" you mention - are you referring to the size of the cd rom? Because the Gruntz cd rom contains a 'Previews' folder that is just some useless movies and previews for other games, and it is 233MB. I can upload that if AB wants it, but it has nothing to do with the game. :)

Why don't you download if from AB, so you can see for yourself that nothing is missing?

Japo 24-10-2017 05:33 PM

The size reported on the game page was incorrect (around 8 GB actually)... Fixed it

tienkhoanguyen 25-10-2017 08:32 AM

Frodo gave me one that is 270MB in size. And it contains a movie and the full game. I didn't check the whole thing out but I watched the whole movie in Windows XP. Unless you are saying it is 80MB. 80GB is 20 DVD 4.7gb discs. In that case 80MB or I can believe 7MB is fine for the game but the movie takes up most of the space. I know because I am a programmer.

tienkhoanguyen 25-10-2017 08:35 AM

I am a sucker for pretty faces. But like my dad says guys could use girls pick to lure you in for the $$$ hehe

Smiling Spectre 25-10-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 469346)
Where are you getting 8MB from? :mhh: The archive I gave to AB is 270MB.

From game page, of course. :) But Japo seems fixed it already.
Quote:

I don't know if the Old Games version even works, but you're welcome to pay them to download it if you want (their downloads are not free). :max:
I believe, you are mistaken. old-games.ru have totally free downloads, AFAIK. But just to prove it, I'll download it during lunch... :)
Quote:

Why don't you download if from AB, so you can see for yourself that nothing is missing?
Because 1. I haven't endless time (and mostly it's work time actually); 2. Game page said about 8Mb; and 3. Notes said that custom levels and online doesn't work. So my conclusions.

I am wrong? Ok, then I am wrong, sorry. I never claimed that I am _right_ in my conclusions, actually. :)

...And meanwhile old-games version downloaded along with Abandonia one. Checking:

1. Abandonia verion and old-games are the same by size. Minus demo, of course.
2. Multiplayer and custom levels are working in both versions. But there are no custom level in archive, so you need to download it separately. And as there is "Host/Join" functionality, you need to have at least two participants to MP work. :)

So, Japo, I believe, it worth to get custom levels to site, just in case. If you want, I can download it and upload to FTP.

tienkhoanguyen 25-10-2017 12:26 PM

Dear Frodo,

What Smiley seems to be saying is that mods don't have a lot of time because they are over worked. I noticed there are 1 million visitors almost to this website. So they are probably censoring a lot of BS. So those who get to talk and be noticed have pretty much got it made. In other words we got our foots in the door. However to reach translator status like Myst takes another butt kissing that I am NOT willing to do since I have a girlfriend. hehe:)

But between you and me I know your game is 270MB because I downloaded. In fact it was zipped and was expanded. It had the folder Gruntz within Gruntz. I thought it might not work since a bootable ISO might be required. However the movie played complete to the end where they jumped into the worm hole and that is when the game play starts. And on the game page the Gruntz pop out of the worm hole and that is where the game play begins.

So now you know that I have reached the game play page. But I didn't want to continue on. Thank you! I hope to give this to my daughter when I have her many years into the future.

Between you and me Jesus Christ people are not supposed to like witches but I will make an exception because of your heart. But I don't want to eat your heart. I just appreciate it hehe:OK:

Japo 25-10-2017 04:06 PM

If there's additional material we're always happy to add it. I don't have a full picture so please make your case if you think it's best to add an extra or replace the main archive. But the main archive can't be larger than 300 MB approx.

Smiling Spectre 27-10-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 469369)
If there's additional material we're always happy to add it. I don't have a full picture so please make your case if you think it's best to add an extra or replace the main archive. But the main archive can't be larger than 300 MB approx.

No-no, main archive is totally good, and I apologized for wrong assumptions (didn't I said it clear and loud? Repeat, Frodo, I was wrong, and I am sorry!).

But there is misleading text in description (online and extra levels _are_ work in Abandonia version). And there are whole lot of this levels, not included with game. I'll get it when I'll have free time and upload it to FTP, I think. Then I'll make note here.

The current time is 06:52 PM (GMT)