Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Twilight - 2000 (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=23184)

TotalAnarchy 11-01-2010 07:33 PM

Twilight - 2000

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

senhorlampada 12-01-2010 01:31 AM

Wow! Thanks for this, guys!
This game is amazing! Although I think I spent too much time on the character creation... And made me wish other games had the same creation system! :rocks:

I only find the gameplay kind of whacky!

Cheers!

_r.u.s.s. 12-01-2010 03:19 PM

why is this under strategy and not under rpg?

TotalAnarchy 12-01-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. (Post 393731)
why is this under strategy and not under rpg?

Cause I've seen more sources that say it's a strategy than those that say it's an RPG. Though the truth should be somewhere at the middle. Too bad I can't select both genres like on moby. :mhh: I haven't played the game so I can't tell for sure. But if you think it's an RPG (aka you played it and think so) than I guess we can change it.

_r.u.s.s. 12-01-2010 04:32 PM

well i tried it for a while and it seemed a lot like a classic role playing game

it's based off the pen and paper rpg after all too

Panthro 12-01-2010 04:41 PM

Looks a bit like Jagged Alliance meets Megatraveller.

Which is okay in my book.

daerdevil 12-01-2010 08:20 PM

A blast from the past

One of my favorite games. The number of hours I killed on this thing is inexcusable. Unfortunately, there's a game killing glitch towards the end IIRC. Seemed to me at some point when you try to get Baron Czarny, the game just crashes.

The character creation is the highlight of this game. The 1st person vehicle sequence are the low points. And even lower is encountering a tank in the tactical portion. It spells certain death as you can't really hide nor run away from it's "never miss" machine guns. Some of the best times, I have to admit, were trying to fight a tank with a Humvee in the driving sequence...the porpoise attack never did work. Oh, how I wished for a remake of this one. It's a lot like Jagged Alliance and somewhat sandboxy (I think missions were randomly generated).

Gargantou 13-01-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthro (Post 393739)
Looks a bit like Jagged Alliance meets Megatraveller.

Which is okay in my book.

There's a reason it looks a bit like MegaTraveller, the people who made the original Traveller/MegaTraveller(The PnP RPGs) also made the original Twilight 2000(The PnP RPG), called Game Designers' Workshop.

Hence why the character creation systems are so extremely similar ;)

lonewolf1045 13-01-2010 10:26 PM

I believe I still have this game in my collection, I really loved it. Thanks for bringing it back.

Smrsin 28-03-2010 07:10 PM

This game looks like a very good post-apocaliptyc action, i created 2é members squad, but i don't know, how to send them in action! which key is for that? thx for reply :)

hello. this game looks very good. i made a 20 member squad but i dont know, which key in main menu is for send them in action. can you help me?

The current time is 08:07 AM (GMT)