Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dark Side Of Oz? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=2644)

LeD 24-01-2005 01:10 AM

Anyone ever try lining up Wizard of OZ with Pink Floyds Dark Side of the Moon album? The whole movie is in-sync with the album...weird eh?

MasterGrazzt 24-01-2005 03:44 AM

Put the bong down and step away from it.

SixApes 24-01-2005 04:17 AM

*picks the bong up* hmmmm....

There are some are a number of parallels between the two. As the tempo of the music changes, scenes seem to speed up. A few visual effects are virtually "in tune" with sounds from the songs. Take note of the scene when the wicked witch is throwing her fireball from atop the house.......... The sway of the tin man is in almost seemless conjunction with him-haw of the guitar distortions. The list of coincidences goes on and on....... I must admit, i have a copy on my HD. Both the original and with Floyd overdub......

LeD 25-01-2005 11:56 PM

:yawn: *Grabs the Bong* Yea, its just great, something could line up like that. notice money starts when she opens the door, and you see color for the first time. And Great Gig in the sky starts when she runs out of the fortune tellers "House". Where can I download a copy of it for my comp?

wormpaul 26-01-2005 10:43 AM

Pink Floyd is just great..

They had made such beautiful things :ok:

Sebatianos 26-01-2005 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LeD@Jan 24 2005, 04:10 AM
Anyone ever try lining up Wizard of OZ with Pink Floyds Dark Side of the Moon album? The whole movie is in-sync with the album...weird eh?
That was made on purpose!

When they made the Dark side of the Moon they actually made it waching the wizard of OZ. It's the second soundtrek to the movie (sound's weird, but it's true)!

Tulac 26-01-2005 07:45 PM

Wouldn't surprise me, don't they have a song where a part of it they sing jibberish, but if you play it backwards it says something like : "congratulations you've just discovered the hidden text" or something like that...

Squalidangel 26-01-2005 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sebatianos@Jan 26 2005, 01:49 PM

That was made on purpose!

:wink: Where did you get that noitamrofni ?

LeD 26-01-2005 10:59 PM

:blink: Tulac what are you talking about!? Tell me what song you are talking about! Yea they would have to do it on purpose its just all too coincedental, But if you watch the opening "story" of Wizard of Oz the word TIME is capatalized in the middle of a sentence, I believe there is another word too in the little story at the beginning of the movie. And there is the song Time, on the Dark side of the Moon album made 4 decades later. :eeeeeh:

SixApes 27-01-2005 01:03 PM

LeD..... do you have and messengers? I could let you leech it. I dubed my copy myself..

The current time is 04:58 PM (GMT)