Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old News (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Site appearance: How do you like it? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=21527)

The Fifth Horseman 09-09-2009 12:38 PM

Site appearance: How do you like it?

Hey, ppl, the question is simple.

The current site design we all know.

This is a modified version created by Red Avatar.

This is Red Avatar's design with a different logo made by RRS.

Which one of these you like the most?

El Quia 09-09-2009 12:56 PM

The problem I see with Red's design is not Red fault, but I fear that with the space at both side of the reviews free, studentis decide to fill it with lots of ads. Not only it would make the experience of reading the review a little painful, but the people without wide-screen monitors will suffer more...

arete 09-09-2009 01:03 PM

A combination of the two logos would be nice. More 3D, more detail.

_r.u.s.s. 09-09-2009 01:24 PM

you used wrong picture for rrs's design, the old picture you linked had black box around it which made it look horrible
please fix it in the post with this one

also, the extras icons are very cool but problematic. it's cool to have this box for boxshots and text documents but abandonia offers much more extras than that. for example "additional cars" or "official map pack" or i don't know, we can have even "collection of savegames near hidden locations", it's limitless. we can add any name to the extra as well

this icon design make it very limited indeed

red_avatar 09-09-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Quia (Post 382374)
The problem I see with Red's design is not Red fault, but I fear that with the space at both side of the reviews free, studentis decide to fill it with lots of ads. Not only it would make the experience of reading the review a little painful, but the people without wide-screen monitors will suffer more...

Actually that's why I designed it that way - now they'll add ads to the right side anyway - there's enough room on a 1280x--- resolution for two thin bars on each side without forcing you to scroll. Of course maybe I'm naive in counting on Studentis to have brains to see large ads won't work.

Tomekk 09-09-2009 03:28 PM

Red's design gets my vote, with the original logo.

But seriously, I DON'T WANT ADS ON THE GAMEPAGES. I DON'T WANT THIS SITE TO LIKE HOTU. :wall: (For those of you who don't know, HotU had an assload of ads and it slowed the site down terribly.)

gregor 14-09-2009 05:43 PM

To me the

This is a modified version created by Red Avatar.

has best look & feel out of the two shown.

:rocks:

Panthro 14-09-2009 09:56 PM

I like the redesign with the different logo/banner.

Looks good, and will give the site a boost to have a little lick of paint here and there.

Nick 16-09-2009 06:45 AM

Voted second.

Eagle of Fire 16-09-2009 02:59 PM

I way prefer the current design we have over the iconified design.

However, if you guys want to do me a favor... Can't we get rid of the horrific iconified nerds populating the whole site? I been quietly cringing about them since we opened the new design... :wall:

The current time is 10:07 PM (GMT)