Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hello,I'm a newbie! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=18169)

KlinH4xx0r 08-11-2008 05:52 PM

Hello,I'm a newbie!

Hello to all of Abandonia! I decided to join this after some time.I found it while searching a site where I could download free full Re-Volt.This is the site of my dreams.So many good games,so little time to choose.About me: I'm a 13-year-old boy, I totally love games and forum and chat discussion.Also I have some technical problem: each time I download a "dosgame" I have some DOS programs and files.When I click something like INSTALL or SETUP or the DOS representing the game,it starts,then it closes with an error message,something with "unhandled exception".Can anyone please tell me what should I do?:wall::wall:

The Fifth Horseman 08-11-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Also I have some technical problem: each time I download a "dosgame" I have some DOS programs and files.When I click something like INSTALL or SETUP or the DOS representing the game,it starts,then it closes with an error message,something with "unhandled exception".Can anyone please tell me what should I do?
It's a very common problem for anyone who tries to run these games on modern operating systems.
Fortunately, there is a program called DOSBox that solves it.
A Beginner's Guide to DOSBox should get you up to speed in no time. :)

dosraider 08-11-2008 06:04 PM

Meheh, a new victim, do we kill it now or do we wait it grows a bit?

Welcome welcome welcome.:)
For your problems, read and learn:
>A beginner's guide to DosBox<
>wtf IS dos bOX AND DOES IT WORK ON wIN xp?<
And there is a 'troubleshooting' sub , especially for .... euuuuuurhhh ..... yep, troubleshooting.

[Edit]
:huh:
Not nice Fifth, posting whilst I'm typing.
Boooooooooooooooooooooo.

_r.u.s.s. 08-11-2008 06:20 PM

my advice would be just to download dosbox and type intro. those guides are quite for newbies=P

AlumiuN 08-11-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 341986)
Meheh, a new victim, do we kill it now or do we wait it grows a bit?

Come on dosraider, you're supposed to be mature. You should know better than to maliciously threaten everyone who introduces themselves. :D

The Fifth Horseman 08-11-2008 08:19 PM

That's the problem. He's mature enough to be grumpy. :p

Sebatianos 08-11-2008 09:37 PM

Welcome kid!
Nice to hear you like the good old stuff! HAve you gotten around to usnig DOSBox yet? It's not that hard and it does open up whole new/old worlds of gaming.
You can always ask for help and don't mind some grumpy people here... they won't bite... but they might spend a byte or two on poking fun at you.

verek_22 09-11-2008 12:46 AM

Welcome! Abandonia is a friendly community full of utterly insane people. Just get DOSBox and read the guide posted above and your well on your way to playing the many wonderful games here.

ianfreddie07 09-11-2008 01:21 AM

I'm not insane, just mentally challenged LOL

Sebatianos 09-11-2008 05:34 AM

Hey, mentally challenged just means you've taken up the mental challenge of our puzzle game section... So don't try to wiggle out of this one - you're just as insane as teh rest of us here :whistling:

The current time is 05:28 PM (GMT)