Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Cold Cases (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Space Adventure Game with Janitor (NOT Roger Wilco) as Hero (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=25910)

Expack2 05-10-2010 06:20 PM

Space Adventure Game with Janitor (NOT Roger Wilco) as Hero

I've been trying to find an old game which I've only played the demo of. It starts out with the hero (I think he was a janitor, NOT Roger Wilco) being trapped on a ship being taken over by aliens. There's one scene in the demo where one of the aliens is doing something to some ship equipment (I don't know whether the alien's sabotaging the equipment or draining energy from it). It's possible to escape the ship by using the hangar bay, but when you go there, you immediately go to some console which I believe summons a certain craft.

If someone knows what game this is, I'd really appreciate it if you could post here saying what the game is!

JediKt 05-10-2010 11:45 PM

You say it's not Roger Wilco, but it sounds EXACTLY like the opening part of Space Quest I. There was an EGA version, as well as a VGA version. Perhaps you're being confused by the two versions?

DarthHelmet86 06-10-2010 01:48 AM

It's very possible that it is Space Quest 1, the EGA version had you enter your own name instead of using Roger Wilco.

Expack2 06-10-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 (Post 414929)
It's very possible that it is Space Quest 1, the EGA version had you enter your own name instead of using Roger Wilco.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKt (Post 414924)
You say it's not Roger Wilco, but it sounds EXACTLY like the opening part of Space Quest I. There was an EGA version, as well as a VGA version. Perhaps you're being confused by the two versions?

Unfortunately, the game isn't a Space Quest game, nor is it (to my knowledge) a Sierra game. I also know the game was at least using VGA graphics, if not SVGA.

Professor Oak 06-10-2010 08:17 PM

Could you please describe the GUI which was within the game, if you remember, at least.

Expack2 07-10-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Oak (Post 414953)
Could you please describe the GUI which was within the game, if you remember, at least.

When it comes to that game demo's GUI, my memory fails me. (Arrgh! :headslap:)

Maxor127 07-10-2010 06:51 PM

I don't see how it can't be Space Quest 1. Maybe a clone? Roger Wilco is the only space janitor I've ever heard of. It sounds exactly like Space Quest 1 though. Throw in the VGA graphics and it's Space Quest 1 VGA remake.

Expack2 07-10-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxor127 (Post 414995)
I don't see how it can't be Space Quest 1. Maybe a clone? Roger Wilco is the only space janitor I've ever heard of. It sounds exactly like Space Quest 1 though. Throw in the VGA graphics and it's Space Quest 1 VGA remake.

You know, now that you said that, the game demo I first described in the main post seems very much like a clone of the Space Quest 6 demo! Except, instead of the hero's ship being invaded the Byorks (or however you spell the name of the Borg-like race in SQ6), it's invaded by some other race. In my recollection, it's some scaly, reptile-like humanoids. Also, the opening scene of the demo shows the massive alien ship fly towards the smaller ship the hero is on. Like the Byorks in the SQ6 demo, you see one of the invaders sabotaging (or draining energy from) a panel on the ship's wall. Also, the art style is more serious and realistic-looking, not cartoon-ish like in the SQ6 demo. I'm positive that the game featured no live actors, only hand-animated characters.

DarthHelmet86 08-10-2010 02:19 AM

Have you checked out any of the Star Trek games themselves?

The current time is 09:56 AM (GMT)