Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Tech Corner (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Which One Is The Best Anti-virus Program? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12542)

nace 02-11-2006 02:07 PM

To define the best anti-virus program is hard, because we all have different views about the programs. A while
ago, I thought that it`s "Kaspersky", but now I think that it`s maybe not it.

A couple of minutes ago I discovered a troyan program :

Backdoor.Win32.SdBot.add

file: c:\windows\system32\zgl.exe;
c:\windows\system32\pll.exe;
:sos:
And the only option that I have is to delete these two files, because they were troyans and "Kaspersky" could not desinfect them. Now, the files are in c:\windows\system32; and that does not sound as a good idea to me.

Is it safe to delete these two? :huh:

This friend of mine told me that "AVAST" was a nice anti-virus, but I don`t know. What do you think that is the best anti-virus, and please also say why do you think so.

velik_m 02-11-2006 03:12 PM

you can always just quaratine them (move/rename them), if your sistem starts to behave strangely/becomes unstable - you move them back.

Avast home edition is free. you can install it, scan your computer (boot scan) and then uninstall it.

Quintopotere 02-11-2006 06:13 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(velik_m @ Nov 2 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]265033[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

you can always just quaratine them (move/rename them), if your sistem starts to behave strangely/becomes unstable - you move them back.

Avast home edition is free. you can install it, scan your computer (boot scan) and then uninstall it.
[/b]
I agree!

You can also try AVGFree by Grisoft, which is a good antivirus.

Icewolf 03-11-2006 07:49 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Quintopotere @ Nov 2 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]265048[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I agree!
You can also try AVGFree by Grisoft, which is a good antivirus.[/b]
I second that!
You can try Avira Antivir Personal as well if you like to. That comes in your language, which is the advantage over AVG.
Antivir on the other hand gives you a box to remind you that you can purchase the professional version every time you upgrade.

Abi79 03-11-2006 03:12 PM

BitDefender 9 is free, as far as I know. (and I like it, but I use v. 10 now)

Eagg 03-11-2006 04:39 PM

I heard good things about Kaspersky and Nod32. As of free ones I used AntiVir for a while and it did ok.

win98 03-11-2006 07:02 PM

AVG and Avast do well together I got both.

_r.u.s.s. 03-11-2006 07:56 PM

go for Kaspersky lab, best around in my opinion

Puffin 13-11-2006 01:34 PM

I use AVG free edition.. Too bad that next year it won't be free anymore :( :(
I also use Spybot S&D and AdAware. There's also AVG Spyware remover, I've downloaded it but haven't tried it yet..

Mara 15-11-2006 05:41 PM

what you need is a good firewall! (A router between the internet and your Pc will do the job just fine.

That and a genuine and up to date windows, and you're quitte safe. as long as you don't download anything bad that is.

The current time is 12:43 AM (GMT)