Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Community News & Feedback (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Quiz Error? (Send us your feedback) (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=26398)

Mystvan 27-11-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 485415)

Well, game is pulled from the database, so if system guess the name, you must use it. I used... and failed too. I fear, it's apostrophe again, cdnp. I removed it from most of games, just for sake of quiz. Just as test, I can remove it there too, but it needs to confirm by anyone, if it worked.

Checkmate! :clap: Thank you, Grandmaster Spectreman! You are the man! :rocks: :kosta:

underdog 04-01-2021 10:04 AM

and today, another apostrophe in the games title making the (correct) answer a wrong one... seems there's a dragon dwelling who guards the apostrophe.. maybe dirk (or spectre?) can free this classic of interactive movie-dom from the error?

also: happy new year, guys!

cdnp 04-01-2021 11:42 AM

Hopefully Smiling Spectre can fix it again like for Dragon's Breath. There were originally 2 apostrophes in the name of the game.
Spoiler for Screenshot quiz
The second one
was removed. Maybe if the first one
is removed too it will work again.

Mystvan 04-01-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 484155)

The dropdown suggestion list offered 01 version of the game’s name. Only one with an apostrophe.

Now I was able to try both, and both were wrong.

Now I was able to try both, and both were wrong.

Ugh! I just hope the today’s Abandonia Daily Screenshot Quiz does not get stuck again in the same screenshot of this damn Game like it happened quite recently for several days! :sick:

Like today’s Screenshot, this Quiz Error gives the impression that Quiz Player is falling in a bottomless cliff / pit... Kind of Falling off a Cliff dream? :dunno: :sick:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemo (Post 484156)

The character falling into the pit is symbolism for us attempting to guess the right answer :OK:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BentleyVA (Post 484157)

It is always with the answers with ' that screw us up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 484158)

Let’s hope Quiz Players do not have this kind of nightmare (or bad dream) today (in today’s Quiz)... *shrug*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 484159)

Unfortunately, not necessarily. User named cdnp has extensive knowledge and has compiled a “complete” list of Quiz Errors where there are cases that do not involve '. For example, one of them would be the 7th Legion. :headslap: :palm:

By the way, it was very coincidental that the Quiz Error occurred just on Friday 13th day... :lame: Well, I am not a superstitious person and I believe it was a very unfortunate coincidence... *shrug*

On the other hand, the today’s Quiz is working normally. :clap: So I can certainly say :OK::

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 484166)

That's why I removed all such names first time when it was noticed, several years ago... *sigh*

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdnp (Post 485569)

Hopefully Smiling Spectre can fix it again like for Dragon's Breath. There were originally 2 apostrophes in the name of the game.
The second one
was removed. Maybe if the first one
is removed too it will work again.

I am not sure because you must remember that this game had problems for several days last year. Ugh! :sick: :headslap: :palm:

Smiling Spectre 10-01-2021 06:02 PM

Well, I removed the apostrophe.

Mystvan 13-01-2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 485595)

Well, I removed the apostrophe.

Ah, thanks for your hard work! :OK: Let’s hope those Screenshots from this game do not cause any more problems. :)

BentleyVA 02-03-2021 11:13 PM

In before cdnp! Today's quiz is poop.

Not my fault they posted in another thread.... XD

EDIOT: Yeah, prolly failed because of the apostrophe.

Smiling Spectre 03-03-2021 07:04 AM

Sorry, as real Admins stated, game downloads are tied to "correct" game name. So no renames from me anymore.

cdnp 19-03-2021 10:11 PM

This time I have the right thread.

I was marked wrong today for
spoiler for screenshot quiz

BentleyVA 20-03-2021 01:04 AM

poo on you. why you always beat me?

The current time is 06:01 AM (GMT)