Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Looking For Twilight 2000 Manual/docs (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7091)

eolsunder 08-09-2005 08:52 AM

Wanted to get in touch with someone who has or knows a link to a site that has the manuals or docs to "Twilight 2000" a pc game from Paragon software, 1992.

Please do not put links or tell me sites that have the manuals, but require you to pay for them, or other places with securities in place (like underdog).

Ive done some searches but can't find it about anywhere. Thanks all.

The Fifth Horseman 08-09-2005 09:13 AM

Well, HoTU DOES have it in fact. Anything wrong about that?

eolsunder 08-09-2005 04:46 PM

yes they do have it, but they also have a incredibly stupid automated "banning" system which will ban you for weeks from making downloads off their sites if you don't have your download manager set exactly a certain way. Which I don't and don't know how to do.

So after trying to download the simple 1kb file and having the automated "banning" program not like my download manager and ban me for at least a week, I need to get it from somewhere else, because I don't want to wait a week to download it. And chances are I won't have the download manager set up right again, so it will do it all over.

So again, if someone can get it for me or point me to a site I can actually use, that would be appreciated.

a1s 08-09-2005 06:00 PM

next time you can follow a simple procedure of turning it off (this methond has 100% reliability! and no payments necesary! call now and get a free nothing as a gift!), at least that's what I do.

eolsunder 08-09-2005 07:49 PM

turn what off. I tried doing what they said, and thought I did everything, but obviously I didn't.

I downloaded a few games, worked ok. I tried downloading a manual (i guess it uses some other sort of download manager) and it registered as downloading 8 games at once, which is silly, and which auto banned me for a week.

its a stupid system, and Im not going to spend a week trying to adjust what ever junk on my computer to their wierd expectations. There isn't any reason to have to do all that just so I don't download with my CABLE modem a game at 2 bits a second instead of 4.

I tried, didn't work, move on to something else.

This isn't a topic about what to do with that sites stuff, its a simple request for a game manual if anyone has one. If you don't, please don't complain that I can't adjust a half dozen download managers for downloading a simple manual. Since I got banned obviously I don't know how to do it. Just don't point to their site, because I tried that already (as the first post says)

A. J. Raffles 08-09-2005 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by eolsunder@Sep 8 2005, 07:49 PM
turn what off.
Well, the download manager, obviously.;)

About the manual, I've checked several places, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere. You'll probably just have to wait for a few days, turn off your download manager and try the Underdogs again.

The Fifth Horseman 09-09-2005 01:01 PM

Exactly. Disabling the d/l manager is the only sure way. Also, try opening the manual in your browser window and then saving it from there (File->Save As).

eclipsespilce 09-06-2010 12:02 AM

I've got this stuff, mang.

I have the box, discs, manual, everything. I will scan them this weekend, and look into how to contribute. Until now, I've just been enjoying, and the need to give back is growing.

By the way, it's in "new" condition, and I got the works for $0.50 at a used bookstore! I'll scan the map, and even the "business reply" mail inserts as well.

Sorry it's 5 years late.

Fubb 09-06-2010 02:12 AM

lulz

DarthHelmet86 09-06-2010 02:33 AM

Necropost, from five years.

The current time is 05:38 AM (GMT)