Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Dragom (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=22062)

Dragom 18-10-2009 09:39 AM

Dragom

Hi there,

I've quite some games stuff that might interest you.
As a newbie I am not yet moving at ease, here. Having a considerable collection I would be happy to share mainly box cove images and manuals (not to mention the very games). As for the screenshots, my problem is how to get them when it comes to pure DOS games...
I found not the game in title at Abandonia's list, as well as Louis Cat Orze, Chewy, Deja Vu II, Spacewrecked, etc...
Please let me know how to start doing this - if you see it might be relevant for Abandonia.
Thanks
Joao/Dragom

Paco 18-10-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 385752)
As a newbie I am not yet moving at ease, here. Having a considerable collection I would be happy to share mainly box cove images and manuals (not to mention the very games). As for the screenshots, my problem is how to get them when it comes to pure DOS games...

You can read here how to capture Screenshots with DosBox.

and make a List of Games, Extra, etc of which you want to submit, so TotalAnarchy can check them and eventually approve them and give you FTP-Access where you can upload to.

TotalAnarchy 18-10-2009 11:56 AM

Just to be clear. You post the titles you're offering in this thread. And I'll check them after that.

Dragom 18-10-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 385784)
Just to be clear. You post the titles you're offering in this thread. And I'll check them after that.

Well... I'm not sure if I'm getting it all:
This thread has already a name of a game. I have the game, I can provide the pdf manual and the box cover images.
As for the game itself, it is a CD: would you like to get an image (I usually pick Alcohol120).

Now: do you mean that I should/may use this thread for other games & stuff?

Thanks in advance

Dragom 18-10-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 385762)
You can read here how to capture Screenshots with DosBox.

and make a List of Games, Extra, etc of which you want to submit, so TotalAnarchy can check them and eventually approve them and give you FTP-Access where you can upload to.

So, it is not a thred for each game...

Now, about screenshots:
a) I am not using DosBox - I usually have a computer for each system, or so... and the screen "thieves" I used do not work...or... I am not able to...
The amazing thing for some games is to be able to get screenshots with the Printscreen key when they run with Win98 or even XP!!!
b)actually there are disagreements about the "genuine" size of screenshots using DosBox and the PrintScreen key with Win98 in some games - this last one method get bigger/better images!

Any other idea to skip DosBox would be much appreciated.
Thanks anyway!
Joao

Paco 18-10-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 385790)
Well... I'm not sure if I'm getting it all:
This thread has already a name of a game. I have the game, I can provide the pdf manual and the box cover images.
As for the game itself, it is a CD: would you like to get an image (I usually pick Alcohol120).

Now: do you mean that I should/may use this thread for other games & stuff?

Thanks in advance

We have Touche already here, but we can use Manual and Boxshots. The CD can be put in ISO CELLAR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 385791)
So, it is not a thred for each game...

correct. That applied to Request but not here.

TotalAnarchy 18-10-2009 01:17 PM

In this thread you'll be offering all the games you want to, not just one. The requests section is for requesting games you don't have. SInce you have screens of those game you created threads for in that section, I'm assuming you have the games too. Thus you are actually offering the games. Please post your list of offers in this thread.

PS: Though it's not completely wrong if you created a separate thread for each one in the Request section. This is how it was done in the past, when there wasn't an Offers subforum.

Dragom 18-10-2009 04:50 PM

An American Tail

Ok, let's try:
I have ready to upload the box cover images for An American Tail which I am attaching to this note.

PS
I am sorry - my search show nothing when if I use "Fifth Musketeer" instead of "5th..."
And I just looked at the Manual (multilingual!) - only the English section is finished on pdf - do you want it like that or do you prefer to wait for the complete stuff - which will take a few days at least...

Dragom 18-10-2009 04:59 PM

Ishido: The Way of Stones

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 385793)
In this thread you'll be offering all the games you want to, not just one. The requests section is for requesting games you don't have. SInce you have screens of those game you created threads for in that section, I'm assuming you have the games too. Thus you are actually offering the games. Please post your list of offers in this thread.

Here goes and another one...

Paco 18-10-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 385793)
Please post your list of offers in this thread.

You can post your Stuff over the FTP but not here. Just post a List of what you want to submit, like TA said. Please take a look in the Other Threads her to see how its done.

I will add your stuff you posted here on FTP.

The current time is 05:26 PM (GMT)