Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Amazon - Guardians Of Eden (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5963)

Reup 01-07-2005 09:50 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Stroggy 01-07-2005 10:20 AM

I've always wanted to try this game.

CygNuS 01-07-2005 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Jul 1 2005, 04:07 PM
This is ridiculous. The screenshots shows words in spanish! Amazon is located in Brazil, and we don't speak spanish here. It's portuguese. You guys should have a minimum respect for brazilians. And you think you are so smart! Doesn't even know spanish is not the language of Brazil.

Sorry for these rude words, but I consider this an act of great disrespect with my people.

:blink: :blink:

What can the reviewers do about that then?? It's not their fault, it's the fault of the game developers.

djeez,
I don't hear any Belgians complain that Belgian (original) fries are (for some unknown reason) called French fries.

On topic:

I'm really gonna check out this game! Looks and sounds great :)

Stroggy 02-07-2005 09:39 AM

Spanish and Portugese aren't exactly the same.
Quote:

I'm just glad that I'm white.
What does that have to do with anything?

Yeesh people, calm down, it is just an "old" game no need to start a language/colour war here.

A. J. Raffles 02-07-2005 10:06 AM

I think somebody just meant to troll there, Stroggy...

Anyway, it's just a game. If the inadequate portrayal of Brazil really upsets you so much, erm, 'Guest', just don't play it.;)

Quintopotere 02-07-2005 11:39 AM

I've started playing this game and i find it very good!

I like so much its atmosphere! :ph34r:

A. J. Raffles 02-07-2005 02:57 PM

Stop it, all right? This is supposed to be a discussion about the game, not about the merits of Portuguese or who is to blame for the destroying of the rainforests. :angry:

MdaG 02-07-2005 03:23 PM

It might be an idea to force people to register before posting...

Nightkin 02-07-2005 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Jul 2 2005, 02:07 PM
Right, and do you know from whom we have to protect the forest? From your countries that come here doing illegal research, destroying bits of it everyday.
Oh, bad bad europeans :cry:

Its not that your country chopps down hundreds of trees a day to sell them to rest of the world? :whistle:

Its really ok if an administrator delets my postings. I see taht it has nothing to do with the game. But i cant stand such...stupidness and naivete. Blaming us or the reviewer for a text in a game, although its not proven that its Brazil which is the location where the game takes place.

Digity 02-07-2005 04:17 PM

I use to love adventure games so much..but I just can't get into them anymore. Sad. :cry:

The current time is 12:53 AM (GMT)