Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Turrican II - The Final Fight (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=22966)

marko river 01-01-2010 05:22 AM

Turrican II - The Final Fight

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

The Fifth Horseman 01-01-2010 02:28 PM

Spinning gyroscope? Sounds like Samus Aran's Morphball mode...

poenn 01-01-2010 07:51 PM

Yeah!

Hi Abandonians!

I'm a regular visitor and even though I didn't post anything yet (or don't remember it :) ) I now feel the urge to raise my voice. :3:

But first, Happy New Year!

I'm a hardcore Turrican-fan and played through part 2 countless times. I still have the original box of the DOS version at home and it's in near new condition. Is there any interest for it? If so, I could upload everything once I'm back home in a few days. Just let me know! :dunno:

poenn

sylandro 01-01-2010 10:26 PM

I can't get the game to load, whenever I open TURRICAN.BAT with DOSBOX (after the setup screen) I get a garbled screen and nothing happens... eventually I get a "Frequency not changeable" message and it goes back to the same gibberish. I tried using the drag & drop method.

EDIT: Got it working. Apparently you have to mount the parent directory as C because otherwise the TURRICAN.CFG folder can't be created.

TotalAnarchy 02-01-2010 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poenn (Post 392233)
Hi Abandonians!

I'm a regular visitor and even though I didn't post anything yet (or don't remember it :) ) I now feel the urge to raise my voice. :3:

But first, Happy New Year!

I'm a hardcore Turrican-fan and played through part 2 countless times. I still have the original box of the DOS version at home and it's in near new condition. Is there any interest for it? If so, I could upload everything once I'm back home in a few days. Just let me know! :dunno:

poenn

Yes, of course, just create your own thread in the Offers subforum and tell us your offers.

Guest 02-01-2010 02:49 PM

Help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylandro (Post 392237)
I can't get the game to load, whenever I open TURRICAN.BAT with DOSBOX (after the setup screen) I get a garbled screen and nothing happens... eventually I get a "Frequency not changeable" message and it goes back to the same gibberish. I tried using the drag & drop method.

EDIT: Got it working. Apparently you have to mount the parent directory as C because otherwise the TURRICAN.CFG folder can't be created.

Followed these steps as per usual and still getting no option for sound/music and goes to garbled screen!

Yipes

TotalAnarchy 02-01-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest (Post 392284)
Followed these steps as per usual and still getting no option for sound/music and goes to garbled screen!

Yipes

there are instructions at the bottom of the review.

Simoneer 02-01-2010 07:36 PM

I love Turrican. This is a great addition to Abandonia's game library! Thanks.

And happy new year, everyone!

poenn 03-01-2010 04:50 PM

:-)

Oh well, seems like user Dave was faster in suplying boxshots etc. :thumbs:
My box is in better condition, but I won't be home before 2-3 days. So be it... :)

Paco 03-01-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poenn (Post 392411)
Oh well, seems like user Dave was faster in suplying boxshots etc. :thumbs:
My box is in better condition, but I won't be home before 2-3 days. So be it... :)

You can still submit it. :noworry:

The current time is 01:21 PM (GMT)