Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Last Half Of Darkness (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=13954)

Romano 09-04-2007 06:06 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download

wendymaree 10-04-2007 12:24 AM

Nice job updating, Romano, and super-fast. Wow.

I should have specified in the review that to move the cursor onto an object to select it (using Keyboard Controls) you need to press the right hand arrow keys.

Good luck staying alive!

jabbyjim 11-04-2007 03:36 PM

:ph34r: OMG i remember when this game came out! Back in the day, i downloaded anything i could get my hands on (oh wait .. i still do). The screenshot of the two kids playing "pattycake" by the bed made me go "holy crap i remember that!!"

I remember at the time it was fairly entertaining, and i got really close to getting near the end (you end up finding the room your Aunt has spells in it and such). I also remember ... like hacking some guys hand off with an ax by a tree, but i remember ... that it was interesting (sort of like a Sierra game, only you can't walk around). Games with spooky stuff and blood were pretty rare back then (i thought) so it was a keeper on my floppy for a while anyway.

Fortunately i don't remember the bad beeps out of the PC speaker!!

has anyone done a review for Hugo's Mansion? i think that was another bloody one done by an independant

wendymaree 14-04-2007 10:43 AM

The beeps were only at the start of the game, I think, but they lasted a while as they made a song out of them.

Guest 21-04-2007 07:47 PM

As I recall, this game actually had digitized sfx, eg. an intro speech in a creepy voice "welcome to the last half of darkness" (or something like that) or you can actually hear that woman in the bath tub screaming when she gets killed.. I actually enjoyed that game and almost made it to the end (but the end isn't the secret room, if I don't confuse it with another game: you have to resurrect that woman)

Kippesoep 10-04-2008 11:58 PM

I just wanted to note here that DOSBox has been updated to support the strange way this game uses the mouse, so it is now fully playable in DOSBox.

Blood-Pigggy 11-08-2008 02:21 PM

I don't know why this game is in my favorites, but whoever made this had a fascination with primitive Paint programs.

MrDeadly 02-09-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blood-Pigggy (Post 333134)
I don't know why this game is in my favorites, but whoever made this had a fascination with primitive Paint programs.

Maybe because Paint was one of few drawing-programs and top noch back in 91'...

Tomekk 02-09-2008 07:59 PM

@Blodd-piggy: Uhm, yeah. I guess this piece of **** is a BUG in the system or something like that. I got instead of Carrier Command :S

MrDeadly 13-10-2008 06:44 PM

I got this game in my favorites too instaid of War Diary :confused: Strange stuff...

The current time is 11:58 PM (GMT)