Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best Series (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3256)

Ajax 18-02-2005 06:14 PM

I don't know it this has been brought up. If so, I apologize for the repeat. I just wanted to see what people thought about game series. It's my personal opinion that the best series ever made was the Quest for Glory series. Those games are simply awesome!! They go from the old school type interface to a more advanced format in 5 and still hold true as some of the funnest and best replayable games. :kosta:

That's just from someone big on adventure games. What about y'all?

Anovich 18-02-2005 06:27 PM

Gabriel Knight. I can't help it, I just my dear Gabe.

But there are many good series, especially the ones made by sierra I think, I mean Leisure Suit Larry for all it's lameness is incredibly entertaining!

marko river 18-02-2005 06:44 PM

Leasure Suit Larry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, comparing how much time i spend playing CM, C&C and some more series, i shouldn't even mention Larry, but, hey, let's be honest to ourslef. What can be better than hitting on girls with lot of humor? :D

Ajax 18-02-2005 07:36 PM

Sure, I've played all the Leisure Suit Larrys, the Police Quests, the Space Quests, King's Quest, Quest this, Quest that, Gabriel Knight, etc, etc. I loved them all. But those are just Sierra adventure games. What about LucasArts (ex. Monkey Island)? What about strategy games like Warcraft, or Diablo? It's hard to say what he best series is with the different genres out there, but everyone has a favorite, right? For me, as I mentioned, it's Quest for Glory.

Anovich 18-02-2005 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ajax@Feb 18 2005, 07:36 PM
Sure, I've played all the Leisure Suit Larrys, the Police Quests, the Space Quests, King's Quest, Quest this, Quest that, Gabriel Knight, etc, etc. I loved them all. But those are just Sierra adventure games. What about LucasArts (ex. Monkey Island)? What about strategy games like Warcraft, or Diablo? It's hard to say what he best series is with the different genres out there, but everyone has a favorite, right? For me, as I mentioned, it's Quest for Glory.
I've only played monkey island 3 and 4, 3 is one of my all time favorites, while I was very disappointed with 4. I have yet to play 1 and 2, which is very embarresing, I'm so gonna have a marathon when I have the time!!!

Even though I'm a girl, I think LSL is soooooooo funny!!! I have only played nr 8 a little, cause I didn't wanna buy it since it wasn't made by Al Lowe or even featuring THE Leisure suit Larry!

The Niles 18-02-2005 08:09 PM

There are a lot of worthwhile series, Wing Commander, Baldur's Gate and Max Payne are just a few that where not mentioned before. I could not pick a single one that stands out beyond all others.

DeathDude 18-02-2005 10:45 PM

I'll throw my vote to the Monkey Island series. Although I've only played 1, 2, and 4 and have yet to play 3, but still a good series overall.

Tulac 18-02-2005 11:00 PM

I'd have to say Baldur's gate, followed by Leisure suit Larry( withou Magna cum Laude!)...

Omuletzu 19-02-2005 08:30 AM

Diablo!

UnHoly 19-02-2005 10:47 AM

Fallout! I wonder why nobody mentioned it before

The current time is 10:51 AM (GMT)