Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Tech Corner (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Net-work Help (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=9467)

Bp103 14-03-2006 09:00 AM

I can't get this net-work to work. :help: Somebody tell me whats wrong with it or tell me how to conect to it.

Heres a pic I made to show how it's hooked up

Bobbin Threadbare 14-03-2006 09:16 AM

Specs?

PC1 is the left box, yes? And what are these "cards"?

Rogue 14-03-2006 09:17 AM

Well,
you missed to tell what OS are running on those PCs. Also what are settings for each of the cards and for your DSL modem.

To avoid problems, use router, which will ensure that both PCs have internet all the time, and it will protect your network by closing ports.

They are cheap (30-40 US$) and once set, they work for a looong time.

Check this link.

Other proper way to set up a network like on picture above is to use IPCop on the PC1. This require more work, and it is a bit harder to mentain, but results are the same as with the router. It is a bit more sequre, but additional sequirity come with the price. You have to set it up, and mentain it.

Bp103 14-03-2006 09:23 AM

....Windows XP
....ethernet cards

sorry...

Rogue 14-03-2006 10:17 AM

What kind of network cards? Some cards are incopatible if two or more are in the same PC.

What IP addresses did you set on cards? I assume you don't have DHCP on your network?!

Did you enable 'Allow other network users to connect trough this computer's internet connection' PC1 card 1?

Bp103 14-03-2006 10:34 AM

Card #1 "Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection"
Card #2 "Macronix MX98715-Based Ethernet Adapter (Generic)"

And I have no clue what a "DHCP" is so I gess i dont have one

Rogue 14-03-2006 10:43 AM

Huh....

Have you set PC1 Card 2 and PC2 Card 1 IP manually? If not, do this:

First make sure that you selected option that I mentioned above on PC1 Card1. I will attach screen how it looks, and option is in network settings for the card. Right click on the card, select properties and go to advanced.

When you done with that, make sure you can access internet on PC 1, and if yes, we will continue with setting rest of the stuff. ;)

Bp103 14-03-2006 11:45 AM

I tryed it and I could not get on the net then when I unchecked it it let me on the net agan

(The Check box was on card #1 but not on card #2) Bad or good or doesnt matter

card #1 has the dsl thinggy on it
card #2 has PC 2 on it

Rogue 14-03-2006 12:47 PM

I haven't play with that for a long time, but net should work if you check that box. :blink:

Well, try this link. SyGate made product which should allow internet sharing. I still think that purchase of router is better option, but after you got expensive car, it might take you some time to get money for it. :D

Bp103 14-03-2006 01:07 PM

I Need a router its impossibl to do it this way the tec suport told me

IP Issues I olny have 1 IP adress at a time with the dsl thinggy

thanks for trying

The current time is 05:21 AM (GMT)