Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   several game issues (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=32892)

agenthunk 30-09-2014 04:15 PM

several game issues

I am having a problem mounting these games:civilization,coolworld,fantasy general,indiana jones and the temple of doom!

I made sure i mounted it correctly,figuring out the executable file that runs it is confounding me.

I am sure you all had to figure it out and find the correct way to run it.I could use some help.thanks.

Japo 30-09-2014 08:03 PM

Let's try one at a time, to see if that's indeed the problem.

Civilization (can be downloaded here) is started with CIV.EXE

agenthunk 30-09-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 461116)

I'll do it later.say around 8pm eastern time and 9pm.
I am on public computer atm.
I dont know if having multiple files of the same type will be good.it will ask me to replace them all with the same copys.

agenthunk 01-10-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

I installed it again and no change.I mounted correctly and tried using civ.bat and civ.exe ,says illegal command.

zirkoni 01-10-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agenthunk (Post 461124)
tried using civ.bat and civ.exe ,says illegal command.

because there is no file called civ.bat or civ.exe in the directory where you are in DOSBox.

Either your mount command is wrong, you didn't extract the files properly or you need to navigate in the game directory in DOSBox.

agenthunk 01-10-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zirkoni (Post 461126)
because there is no file called civ.bat or civ.exe in the directory where you are in DOSBox.

Either your mount command is wrong, you didn't extract the files properly or you need to navigate in the game directory in DOSBox.

I extracted with 7zip to my oldgames folder inside that folder is civi folder.I did the extraction first then put them all in the specified folder for those games.I did that with the games I mentioned above.

agenthunk 01-10-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

coolworld,indiana jones and the temple of doom,fantasy general,risk,steel panthers 1,2,3 all say windows cannot find such and such a file in specified folder or location (when i right click and run as administrator in oldgames folder).
they all are not working when i type
mount c c:\oldgames\
c:
cd (game file name)for example
.bat or .exe or any like it i type,says illegal command.

desert strike,jungle strike,panzer general,pacific general,nightmare creatures,command and conquer all work in dosbox when i enter the commands.I have 14 games in the oldgames folder and 7 work out of 14.
(however nightmare creatures and pacific general run when I go to oldgames folder and right click run as admin in full screen mode without dosbox or with it i cant tell,but they work.)
btw i downloaded the games from abandonia in the game section.
note:I have 2 copies of panzer general one from this site and another from panzergeneraldownload.com

I got civilization to work and c&c

agenthunk 01-10-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zirkoni (Post 461126)

I type mount c c:\oldgames
c:
dir/p
dir (game file)
how do i find the file that runs it?some guy at the library showed me and i got c&c to work now because i know its executable file.but i forgot civilization.:headslap:

Japo 01-10-2014 08:43 PM

Civilization must have a civ.exe file, surely the archive you can download from here. So if you mount it correctly and then you enter the correct cd commands and then enter "civ" it will run. If you have doubts you can consult our tutorials. Otherwise you would really need to describe in more detail what you did step by step, starting by where you unzipped the archive and every single DOSBox command.

zirkoni 02-10-2014 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agenthunk (Post 461130)
I type mount c c:\oldgames
c:

So, you have Civilization in C:\oldgames\civi ?
Then you need to do cd civi in DOSBox to change the directory and then type the name of the file that starts the game and press enter.

The current time is 12:15 PM (GMT)