Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Games you played when feeling ill (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=29555)

PrincessCasey 23-01-2013 11:26 AM

Games you played when feeling ill

You know when you're feeling really sick, you have the day in bed, you can't get up and no ones in the house but you. I've been like that for a few days now with an ear ache that I just can't shift. It sucks. I tend to play one of the older final fantasy games because you can just plough through it and it can keep you entertained for hours on end it's simple enough to get through but complicated enough to take your mind off of the pains.

I'm without a play station at the moment sadly, and although I've got an open pandora, I'm getting a bit sick of the small screen...

Are there any dos games you can recommend that are similar or that you use? It doesn't have to be an RPG...

Scatty 23-01-2013 06:45 PM

I would recommend you this one, but unfortunately it's not available for download here anymore. Instead it's sold by Good Old Games (GOG) now. Or you coud buy an original boxed version on eBay.
If you can get hold of it however, it's a catching game and has a very high replayability value once (if) you get into it, you could easily spend weeks with all it's random possibilities. Ideal for cases like these.

RRS 23-01-2013 11:35 PM

With your condition I'd recommend something slow (your reflex suffers when you play while being bedridden) and without sound. How about interactive fiction?

When I was a teen I thought girls prefer story-driven games...

Get well soon! (<- no matter how cliche it sounds)

Smiling Spectre 24-01-2013 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scatty (Post 448954)
I would recommend you this one

Actually, modern Warlock: Master of the Arcane is quite successfull attempt to recreate MoM feeling for me. Game still suffer from heavy diplomatic issues that make it unplayable for me, but if you are more "war" than "peace" man, it will do the trick, IMHO. :)

PrincessCasey 24-01-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRS (Post 448961)
With your condition I'd recommend something slow (your reflex suffers when you play while being bedridden) and without sound. How about interactive fiction?

When I was a teen I thought girls prefer story-driven games...

Get well soon! (<- no matter how cliche it sounds)

Ooh a text game does sound like fun :) especially if I can spend as much time as I need to think about each action. I've been heavily abusing Final Fantasy 8s pause lately....
Speaking of text games, I've heard of but never played Zork, does it live up to it's hype?

And thanks for the get well soon, this is day 12 now, I'm sick of it :(

Casey x

TotalAnarchy 24-01-2013 04:04 PM

Most old IFs do no live up to the hype surrounding them, but they are still good games.

Tracker 24-01-2013 06:52 PM

Well, if there are adventure games that are really great for boring afternoons, are Eric the Unready, Shannara, Death Gate, Legend of Kyrandia 2, Callahan's Crosstime Saloon, Discworld, you can download these from our site, and all of the LucasArts adventure games (Loom, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max: Hit the Road, Full Throttle, Monkey Island series, Grim Fandango). However all of those have to be paid for. They are available on Steam for a few bucks each.
Other than that, you might want to try some RPGs as well, I recommend Ultima VII, Eye of the Beholder, Wizardry VI, Darklands, and Betrayal at Krondor.
One more thing, if you can get Gobliiins, Gobliins 2, or Goblins 3, consider yourself lucky and play them until they're completed. :D

Smiling Spectre 30-01-2013 06:52 AM

Three-pack of Goblins available on GoG for 6$.

Strange, I believed that they had Goblins 4 too...

PrincessCasey 31-01-2013 11:31 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I'm still very poorly, I have been to the hospital and I'm going to have to go again tomorrow. Wish me luck, I always get so frightened....

RRS 01-02-2013 12:43 AM

I hate hospitals too. To the point that even the "sexy nurse costume" doesn't work for me :)

A relaxing thing you can play even with your ear ache (music is nice, but it's just in the background, so skip for the time being). Haven't seen a computer implementation of origami before!
http://www.kongregate.com/games/Bryc...s-origami-game

The current time is 01:37 PM (GMT)