Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Imperialism (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=23330)

arete 19-01-2010 05:12 AM

Imperialism

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

timmyisme22 19-01-2010 09:09 PM

I remember this gem now. My small but deadly army of five Regulars and four Heavy Artillery are sweeping the minor nations out of the way (it's early game mind ya)!:rocks:

Borodin 20-01-2010 04:22 AM

A fun title, along with Imperialism 2. Too bad Frog City never got the funding they needed to continue producing great games, but from what they told me back then, publishers wanted promises that they would issue cross-platform titles instead of just concentrating on PC stuff.

KPJ12345KPJ 23-01-2010 05:28 PM

Hey, just letting it be known that this forum thread doesn't link from the page for imperialism.

Love this game :)

BTW, crushing minor nations early on isn't very useful, you don't have the engineers, money, or labourforce to exploit your own nation yet! Better to build trade missions and work on relations

TotalAnarchy 23-01-2010 05:35 PM

Fixed.

timmyisme22 24-01-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPJ12345KPJ (Post 394938)
BTW, crushing minor nations early on isn't very useful, you don't have the engineers, money, or labourforce to exploit your own nation yet! Better to build trade missions and work on relations

That's just the thing though, it is useful. It's al about resources and working on the ability to gain those resources for later development is worthwhile. Just got declared on by 4 great powers and wiped one out with ease. Working about 1 general, 2 Infantry men (the 2nd quality of troop), and about 20 Heavy Artillery in my main army and haven't lost a unit since I started the game. Also, was working with about 15 provenances before I got declared on.

Trust me when I say it works well. It also still says I'm a weak military power yet I haven't lost a fight yet. Fun times.:thumbs:

TurinX 25-01-2010 01:34 AM

Love the game so far, but the gamepage says it's DosBox compatible...:no: I wouldn't want to underestimate my own ignorance, but I've looked through the readme files etc. and it seems to require some form of Windoze in order to run. Any help out there? Or at least a correction on the game info page? Cheers.

arete 25-01-2010 05:04 AM

*^_^ Sorry. First update ever, and for some reason my link to this thread didn't work either, so red-faced all round... :)

jake4426 29-01-2010 11:57 PM

Great game. Not easy. I probaly wouldn't attack the minor nations, i would just buy them over and use thier land. i know i have a wya more advance industry than the other Great powers but it says it is poor. hate that.

jake4426 01-02-2010 11:26 PM

I woudl really liek to know hwo to get other Greta Powers to accept your alliance offers. No matter what they never accept them if i sned them one. Also when ever want peace with them ( incase we are at war) they never accept peace. This is the only part of the game i find hard, for if i had alliances long enough i could easily create and army and cause some havoc

The current time is 11:46 PM (GMT)