Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   B (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Birthright - The Gorgon's Alliance (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=20907)

_r.u.s.s. 28-07-2009 08:07 PM

Birthright - The Gorgon's Alliance

Mike_B20 29-07-2009 10:47 AM

This is an excellent strategy game.
Once one gets used to the interface, the adventuring is also well designed and fun, even if the graphics are a bit dated.
The voice acting is a bit corny.
"I'll get on that right away" LOL :hysterical:

All up :thumbs:

Axiom 07-02-2012 11:37 PM

How to install this?

I downloaded everything, I try to mount it in Dosbox

mount d c:\birthright -t cdrom

it cannot find the cd.

There is a CCD file and a CUE file and I try clicking on those and I get an error about incompatibility issue with windows 64 bit

Any ideas?

hunvagy 08-02-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axiom (Post 439430)
How to install this?

I downloaded everything, I try to mount it in Dosbox

it cannot find the cd.

There is a CCD file and a CUE file and I try clicking on those and I get an error about incompatibility issue with windows 64 bit

Any ideas?

I assume you mounted the image in Daemon Tools or the like and tried to mount that drive? In that case try -t cdrom -ioctl. If it still gives the error, check the volume label of the disc, and use the option for mount where you can give a name to the volume you mount, make it the same as the virtual drive reads.

Since it has a cue file, you could also try using imgmount to mount the iso directly in dosbox, should use the correct volume label then.

Smiling Spectre 08-02-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axiom (Post 439430)

it cannot find the cd.

Two errors.

1. You need to mount disc C: for, well, HDD. I think, you did it? But you need to have access to content of disc image, not files of image itself! (CCD and CUE). So your d mount will accomplish nothing.

2. So you need some means of emulating program to access real content of this disk - and, it seems, you have nothing. You can directly mount disk with imgmount, or emulate it with Daemon Tools. I, personally, recommend you second case, as it will give you access to more image formats and, well, will allow you to mount your images with simple double click. :)

Only remember: mounting image is like inserting real CD in virtual CD-drive. You will need to mount this CD-drive in DOSBox afterwards. (Of course, if it's internal mount of imgmount, you will not need to mount it second time :).

Axiom 09-02-2012 12:04 AM

First off thanks for the reply,

Second, sorry... I should have mentioned that the image was mounted in daemon tools. So it was mounted but it still kept saying it cannot find the CD.

The sad thing is I managed to get Daggerfall working and that game took a lot of tinkering. This one stumps me for some reason.

So, mounting in Daemon tools? Check.
Mount d c:\birthright -t cdrom to emulate the cdrom drive? Check!

When I type dir I see the contents of the directory so i know i am in the right place.

Run the executable... cant find cd.

Hmmm.

EDIT: by running the executable, I mean mounting birthright, typing d: to switch to that drive and typing birthright at the prompt

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 439464)
Two errors.

1. You need to mount disc C: for, well, HDD. I think, you did it? But you need to have access to content of disc image, not files of image itself! (CCD and CUE). So your d mount will accomplish nothing.

2. So you need some means of emulating program to access real content of this disk - and, it seems, you have nothing. You can directly mount disk with imgmount, or emulate it with Daemon Tools. I, personally, recommend you second case, as it will give you access to more image formats and, well, will allow you to mount your images with simple double click. :)

Only remember: mounting image is like inserting real CD in virtual CD-drive. You will need to mount this CD-drive in DOSBox afterwards. (Of course, if it's internal mount of imgmount, you will not need to mount it second time :).

DarthHelmet86 09-02-2012 02:37 AM

Your mount is wrong, you are mounting a folder on your C drive as the CD drive. You need to mount the Virtual Drive that has the image as the CD drive in Dosbox.

Something like mount d e:\ -tcdrom

Axiom 09-02-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Your mount is wrong, you are mounting a folder on your C drive as the CD drive. You need to mount the Virtual Drive that has the image as the CD drive in Dosbox.

Something like mount d e:\ -tcdrom
Just saw this too.

Sorry I am being so dense, but can you explain how to mount this? (I should've put this in the Troubleshooting forums). Like I said, I normally do not have this much trouble with doxbox, been using it for years. For some reason thought this game is giving me endless trouble.

DarthHelmet86 10-02-2012 01:59 AM

You know you actually edited out the one thing that would have helped people help you. Luckily I read this in my email and I know what your mounted drive is, it is G.

mount d g:\ -tcdrom

That will mount the drive with the image mounted. Your normal C drive mounts are untouched.

dosraider 10-02-2012 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 (Post 439548)
mount d g:\ -tcdrom

Tipo? Should be:
mount d g:\ -t cdrom

The current time is 02:21 PM (GMT)