Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Fill To Me The Parting Glass... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=15946)

ReamusLQ 15-10-2007 12:58 AM

To start off, this isn't a drama thread, this is simply to inform everyone because I've always enjoyed this community and the people who make it up.

So some of you already know, I will soon be serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Moscow Russia. I leave on October 21st, and will not return for two years. During this time period I won't have internet access so I guess this is my official goodbye thread.

I'm thankful for the opportunity I had to serve you all as a moderator, updater, and member of the grammar squad. I know I haven't been completely active the last little while due to life kind of coming to a reality as I've been getting ready to leave, but I was very grateful to have the chance to help the site out.

Hopefully this community will still be around in two years, and I look forward to the time when I can once again be a member of the forum.

I'll continue to be active until October 21st, but after that I will no longer to fulfill moderator and updater duties. I'll miss this community greatly, so until I return...

"Godspeed"

Blood-Pigggy 15-10-2007 01:11 AM

Enjoy whatever you're going to be doing over there, you vague goofball.
But seriously, way to take up a cause dude, hope you find a lot of good in the experience.

_r.u.s.s. 15-10-2007 01:14 AM

see you. thanks for your new corrupt a wish game btw, its kinda fun concept

a little word of advice before you go,
- never carry anything valuable or shiny at streets when its after eight and there are less than 3 people walking
-dont ever, ever, leave a car which doesnt look completely destroyed or ugly on a parking spot for more than 5 hours (or get a good insurance company)
-do NOT eat at restaurants in the centre of moscow. its not that it was bad but you could rather buy the ingredients with cook himself for the money instead
-when somebody tells you to shut up, shut up
-if you dont feel like it, be sure to check whether is he wearing black jacket and have suspiciously disturbing accent
-if you did not feel like it and he was wearing the jacket, with suspiciously disturbing accent, run
-if you cant run and are about to get help, dont call police
-if you did call police, be sure to call hospital and/or burial company as well

have fun at russia, take care

"Gotmilk"

Japo 15-10-2007 01:46 AM

Good bye, good luck. :( :)

Scatty 15-10-2007 02:24 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Oct 15 2007, 10:14 AM) [snapback]316161[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

- never carry anything valuable or shiny at streets when its after eight and there are less than 3 people walking
-dont ever, ever, leave a car which doesnt look completely destroyed or ugly on a parking spot for more than 5 hours (or get a good insurance company)
-do NOT eat at restaurants in the centre of moscow. its not that it was bad but you could rather buy the ingredients with cook himself for the money instead
-if you dont feel like it, be sure to check whether is he wearing black jacket and have suspiciously disturbing accent
-if you did not feel like it and he was wearing the jacket, with suspiciously disturbing accent, run

"Gotmilk"
[/b]
Hehe, that's a good list. Generally I can only agree with the advises above, though. Be careful in Moscow, it's one of the cities with the highest crime rate in the world right now.
Good luck with your mission, have fun and enjoy the otherwise fair Russia.

DeathDude 15-10-2007 03:41 AM

Good luck man, with your mission and with whatever else comes along the way. :)

gregor 15-10-2007 07:03 AM

wait... why can't you have internet access? :blink:

TheChosen 15-10-2007 07:29 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ReamusLQ @ Oct 14 2007, 11:58 PM) [snapback]316156[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

"Godspeed"
[/b]
Same to you buddy.

Sebatianos 15-10-2007 07:45 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scatty @ Oct 15 2007, 03:24 AM) [snapback]316167[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Oct 15 2007, 10:14 AM) [snapback]316161[/snapback]
Quote:

"Gotmilk"
[/b]
Hehe, that's a good list. Generally I can only agree with the advises above, though. Be careful in Moscow, it's one of the cities with the highest crime rate in the world right now.
Good luck with your mission, have fun and enjoy the otherwise fair Russia.
[/b][/quote]
I also agree with the list and maybe another thing to add - carry cigarettes, it doesn't matter if you smoke or not, but it can sure help out (I'm sorry, all I have on me is this pack of cigarettes, you're welcome to have them).

Good bye and good luck to you and we'll try to keep the home pixels burning for your return :)

The Fifth Horseman 15-10-2007 09:03 AM

Farewell, brother-in-arms.
May thy crusade be triumphant and no sickness befall you.

The current time is 11:55 AM (GMT)