Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Cold Cases (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Two Games, One Adventure, Other Strategy (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=11559)

IberianWolf 25-08-2006 05:59 PM

hey, so i remember these two really old games i played a lot on my vga when I was like 6-9 or something, so pardon me if i can't remember the details... but yeah, i was wondering if any of you could help me remember which they were.

the adventure game... it was kind of a point and click game, but with some astonishingly good graphics... well, at least for that era you know, 96 through 99 when the 3d games started booming... can't remember if it was 3d or 2d pretending to be 3d but i remember some cut-scenes... well, this game was kind of violent... i think the plot had something to do about you being in a town chasing a vampire or something like that... and i remember the losing cut-scene where you'd get your head cut off or something... i'm almost sure the main character was a girl, but you know... 2002 and below is very blurry to me. sorry if i can't help anymore... I remember a big house/mansion if you'd call it and part of the town. I'm pretty much sure it was made in the 90's.

the strategy game... this one is older, might've been made in the early 90's... it basically consisted of you "fighting" against other players and they had cities and such... you could get various types of warriors (I remember horses or something like that...) and that's pretty much everything i remember... OH YEAH, when you took over a city, i remember a screen with the city in the background burning or something and you could select some options like pillaging, taking over and stuff like that. and i think it was turn-based because you would select your unit's paths for each turn or something...

you know, I was very young and my native language isn't english, so i'm sorry if i can't provide you with more details. hope you guys can help. ;)

thanks in advance.

Mighty Midget 25-08-2006 06:08 PM

That adventure: Sounds like Veil of Darkness, except that you were a dude, but out to save, amongst others, a girl. It has a mansion, a big bad mother... vampire (and werewolves). Check here: http://www.abandonia.com/games/en/30...ofDarkness.htm
The only other I can think of is one of them Gabriel Knight games where he chases a werewolf (not a vampire, that is). Probably not the one you're looking for, but...

That strategy game: A stupid question: It wasn't Sid Meyer's Civilization?

Entrante 25-08-2006 10:48 PM

The second sounds like a Warlords.

Eagle of Fire 26-08-2006 01:23 AM

The strategy game might be Master of Magic.

IberianWolf 26-08-2006 06:05 AM

I'm pretty much sure it wasn't veil of darkness. the graphics were much better, much more advanced... i think it was in a cd-rom and all... i've gotta check into that gabriel knight thing... as i said, i'm not sure about the plot...

about the strategy one... it's neither of those. haha, i had civilization so i know it wasn't that. it's not master of magic, though the concept is kinda close... oh yeah, and about the graphics... i think they were kind of like warcraft 2, maybe a bit weaker than that. or maybe it's just my poor memory...

thank you guys, for taking your time to help out. ;)

Mighty Midget 26-08-2006 06:52 AM

Oh dear! About that strategy: I suddenly had the thought that it is one I have been looking for as well, but can't for the life of me remember the title or much about it (I never played it much). Did it involve Heroes with special abilities leading armies on an isometric (?) map? I also think I remember something about "villages" like the ones in civ, where you'd find pleasant supprises, could be temples or whatever, but the same concept. I also think I remember it was sort of "action points" based.

DonCorleone 26-08-2006 02:07 PM

Might the strategy game be Heroes of Might and Magic?

faralar 26-08-2006 03:47 PM

The adventure game sounds very much like phantasmagoira (or phantasm) check this link: Phantasmagoria

As for the strategy game, I konow warlords 3 had the "pillage etc" option and I think the others had it as well, there have been quite a few different warlords games so check the link below for the full list: Warlords series

Hope that helps!

IberianWolf 26-08-2006 07:36 PM

hey everyone, thank you very much for taking your time to help out.

I think it was that game, phantasmagoria, it sure sounds like the game... and i remember my uncle used to close my eyes in some parts, why would it be? ;)

I'm checking out the strategy ones... yes, I think it did have heroes, and you could "pile" up some of your units and create a "army"... at least i think it was that way. well, the warlords 2 "mapping" kinda brings me flashbacks, though the interface doesn't ring a bell.

PS: I just played warlords 2... wow, this reminds me alot of the game I was talking about, yet there's something missing... i'll try to find warlords 3 and see if that's the one. thank you guys, you rock! ;)

faralar 26-08-2006 09:25 PM

Big brother sees all...big brother knows all...big brother is your friend!

The current time is 07:51 AM (GMT)