Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Adventures of Willy Beamish, The (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=590)

Ceres 25-04-2008 11:32 AM

Many thanks ! :)

OriolesRule 08-08-2008 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceres (Post 324288)
The game is fantastic and I've just discovered it. But I have a big problem with getting through one stage on level 4th: I just can't deal with Chef Childish!! Maybe something's wrong with my game, but she's just to quick for Willy to do anything after he walks behind the couloir. I catch the pan and try to throw it somewhere between the pot and the cook, but nothing happens and the cook catches me sooner than I manage to do anything else. What do I do wrong? Should I use the key "operate" or should I throw the pan into Willy's rucksack or in a very specific point of the floor? I don;t know, please help me, I'm becoming depressed because of it

Are you running the game in DOSBox? If you run the game on any PC with a Pentium processor you need to use that utility (available on this very website!) Press Ctrl-F11 to slow down the game & Ctrl-F12 to speed up the game. The number of CPU cycles shown in DOSBox's title bar is the speed of the animations in the game.

I have a different problem. I've managed to throw the chalice into the sink, sneak up behind the chef, pour the oil into the pot & onto the floor, & push the pot. After I sneak back to the kitchen's entrance & get onto the conveyor belt, the darn chef starts screaming! I put the helmet on her head, but when I leave Willy gets caught every time!

What else can I do to muffle the chef?

JC Denton 10-05-2009 11:11 PM

I have this on Sega CD, but figured downloading the PC version would be easier than digging up my disk/Sega CD and be skip-free. Bummed when I played it and couldn't hear voice-overs; but I feel better knowing they were never in the PC version to begin with.

Had problems running it at first, but drag-drop to DOSBox icon on desktop works like a charm!

This may have been the first non-text-based adventure game I ever played. I was always a console kid growing up.

Geezer 11-05-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC Denton (Post 363706)
I have this on Sega CD, but figured downloading the PC version would be easier than digging up my disk/Sega CD and be skip-free. Bummed when I played it and couldn't hear voice-overs; but I feel better knowing they were never in the PC version to begin with.

Had problems running it at first, but drag-drop to DOSBox icon on desktop works like a charm!

This may have been the first non-text-based adventure game I ever played. I was always a console kid growing up.

Pretty sure there is a CD version for the PC that has the voice overs. Obviously not the one on-site, though.

cnquist 15-06-2009 06:08 PM

Just started playing this game. Seems pretty fun. One thing I'm curious about. Is it possible to get stuck in this game by not picking up an item earlier? In other words can I get into, say day 4 and not be able to progress because I didn't pick up the doodad in day 1?

The Fifth Horseman 16-06-2009 04:41 AM

Not really.
But if you don't do certain things, you might get the bad ending.

cnquist 16-06-2009 03:58 PM

Thanks. Is there just two endings? Good and Bad?

The Fifth Horseman 16-06-2009 04:29 PM

I recall there being more than one.

christhecoolboy 05-06-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosta (Post 6930)
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

wasnt the game supposed to have a sequel, I wish Jeff who left Dnyamix would try and get this game back and make a sequel, it would be such a good idea...

BillyH666 10-06-2012 06:41 PM

Hi, I recently installed the CD version of willy beamish with dosbox. It works fine, smooth, no crashes yet. But whenever I try to save my game, it says the drive is full, and when I try to change the directory it says that said drive doesn't exist and/or there has been a drive error. Could anyone help me with this problem?

The current time is 12:13 PM (GMT)