Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   BonzaiThePenguin - Math Ace Jr. (Kids' Fun & Learning Pack) (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=29348)

BonzaiThePenguin 14-12-2012 10:08 AM

BonzaiThePenguin - Math Ace Jr. (Kids' Fun & Learning Pack)

Hi, I just wanted to offer Math Ace Jr. and the rest of the Kids' Fun & Learning Pack. I'm not really sure what the vetting and submission process is like but I have the box and CDs for everything.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/kids-fun-lea...-box-508252461

marko river 14-12-2012 12:18 PM

Hmmmm, link says that item is missing.

We surely accept box and CD scans. I'm sending you PM right away.

As for the game, there are several questions:
1) Is the CD required after the installation to play the games?
2) Can those games from the pack be installed and played separately or you install entire pack, start the application and then choose what to play? Depending on this we can either add each game or we have to add entire pack. If the are separated, are those games ever been distributed separated as well (as far as you know)?
3) How big are the archives of the games or CD image?
4) Can you play them on modern systems and what is required to run them?

If you have time, you can create the game entry at mobygames for games info (at least I couldn't find it). Other sources state that game is published by Kidsoft in 1996. Please check this.

BonzaiThePenguin 17-12-2012 01:12 PM

Alright, I just uploaded the software, some screenshots, and the boxshots. I may try my hand at a review tomorrow.

marko river 17-12-2012 01:16 PM

Excellent, that's the best thing you can do.

After that, can you answer any of those questions from my previous post?

BonzaiThePenguin 17-12-2012 01:49 PM

1. No, the CD is not required. Fun fact: the installer literally just places a shortcut to D:\MATHACE\MATHACEJ.EXE in the Start menu and nothing else! I was able to copy the MATHACE folder to the hard drive and it worked great.

2. Yes; each game has its own installer, but I couldn't get the other games/software to work and I don't remember them being all that good anyway. Math Ace Jr. was also available as a standalone game.

3. It's 32.4 MB compressed, and 63.7 MB uncompressed. If it matters, I removed the useless installer EXE from the uploaded ZIP so people wouldn't get confused.

4. Yeah, it works fine on Windows 8 without having to do anything. If you want you can switch to 256-color compatibility mode to disable the warning dialog when you launch, but that causes the Snipping Tool to show a blank window when you take a screenshot.

marko river 17-12-2012 02:28 PM

Interesting and great, actually.

Games for pre-2000 windows usually don't work in newer windows, so some tweaking is usually required, so those games may yet work (regardless of how good they are :) ), so we are interested in those games as well.

If I'm correct, the box scan is for the pack release, not for the Math Ace Jr. right?

BonzaiThePenguin 17-12-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 447924)
If I'm correct, the box scan is for the pack release, not for the Math Ace Jr. right?

Yes, the box shot is for the entire Kids' Fun & Learning Pack, which happens to include Math Ace Jr. There are of course original box shots online, but I wasn't sure if there were additional copyrights associated with those that we'd have to worry about.

marko river 18-12-2012 08:39 AM

It is our rule to accept only scans created by our members, not taken from other sites.

If you get to write review as well, that would be awesome :)

Thx for your contribution.

BonzaiThePenguin 18-12-2012 12:58 PM

Yep, yep, working on it now.

Also, I just noticed this sticky which explains how to submit content. Sorry about that – I was so lost on the front page of Abandonia trying to find the Submit button that by the time I found the Offers section of the forums I went straight to New Topic and breathed a sigh of relief.

marko river 18-12-2012 02:28 PM

No problem... as you can see, you are natural for contributing :)

The current time is 01:32 AM (GMT)