Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   "random Game" Link (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=9067)

Fruit Pie Jones 06-02-2006 09:05 PM

In the same vein as the "Random Article" link on Wikipedia's main page, I would like to suggest a "Random Game" link on Abandonia's main page. Clicking it would obviously take you to a randomly-selected game review, which could introduce you to a great game you may otherwise have never discovered. Or it could just be a way to kill a few minutes.

Whaddya think, sirs?

EDIT: Curse you, Auto-Capitalizer! Look what you've done to the topic title! It's a hideous mess!

Tulac 06-02-2006 09:15 PM

There is such a thing on AR, I think it was discussed already (here or on AR) and that the conclusion is that it owuldn't fit on the main page, because it's already crowded...
If my memory serves me well...

Fruit Pie Jones 06-02-2006 09:27 PM

The thing on AR isn't exactly what I was thinking of. It really does take up quite a bit of space, and it seems to pick from a small subset of the games on AR. I was just referring to placing a link on the left-hand column of Abandonia's main page, no bigger than the other links there, that would take you to a random review. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that it's been discussed in the past, though.

Master MC 06-02-2006 09:35 PM

Great idea!

I'm pro.

Titan 07-02-2006 12:25 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wheren't there some issues with the DB that prevented it on AB?

marko river 07-02-2006 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tulac@Feb 6 2006, 11:15 PM
There is such a thing on AR, I think it was discussed already (here or on AR) and that the conclusion is that it owuldn't fit on the main page, because it's already crowded...
If my memory serves me well...

I rmember this. I suggested that "random pick" button should be placed besides search box. But admins kept their oppinion about this - they don't want the main page to look overcrowded and that's the way it's gonna be.....

Maikel 07-02-2006 09:02 AM

The current abandonia will not be changed anymore. But we are starting to brainstorm about a new design with better structure. Don't expect it anywhere soon though. It will take a while.

BeefontheBone 07-02-2006 10:07 AM

Quote:

and it seems to pick from a small subset of the games on AR
Only because we don't have banners for the rest of the games - somebody (usually Tom and Tai) has to make those, you know :)

Bobbin Threadbare 07-02-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Maikel@Feb 7 2006, 08:02 PM
The current abandonia will not be changed anymore. But we are starting to brainstorm about a new design with better structure. Don't expect it anywhere soon though. It will take a while.
Are you going to use my colours... :whistle:

Maikel 07-02-2006 11:07 AM

colors?

The current time is 03:46 PM (GMT)