Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Metal Mutant (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5452)

Kon-Tiki 06-06-2005 11:12 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Sebatianos 06-06-2005 11:14 AM

I remember TheVoid wanting to add this game a long time ago, but he was stuck with the controls. I tried to help him by translating the controls from a Russian site, but we couldn't get the plot-line or anything togeter.

It's nice to see this game updated - it's a fun game once you get the hang of it! :ok:

mika 06-06-2005 11:53 AM

I remember playing this game in it's day. Very challenging, and if you enjoy that kind of thing, loads of fun. Good memories.

BLOODUK 06-06-2005 12:40 PM

I remember this game too, ithink i got stuck then returned it ;)

TheVoid 06-06-2005 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sebatianos@Jun 6 2005, 12:14 PM
I remember TheVoid wanting to add this game a long time ago, but he was stuck with the controls. I tried to help him by translating the controls from a Russian site, but we couldn't get the plot-line or anything togeter.

I actually knew the controls, the problem was getting to know the plot-line a bit more. ;) Too bad I wasn't able to endure with it and write a review myself, but once again I promise I'll be more active when my exams have finished - I can hint I got a big surprise in progress :cheers:

panther_512 06-06-2005 08:56 PM

I can't believe you found this game!!!!!

I remember at that time I was waiting for my birthday because my parents had promised me that they would buy me a Gameboy. And then I saw a review of Metal Mutant in a comic. I was amazed!!!! Unfortunately my parents could not afford to buy me a PC, so I had to wait one more year to have the PC (a 386DX 40MHz) and buy that game.

So, I come to this question: Is this version the full game? I don't have the original anymore but I remember very clearly that the game was in two 700KB disks. I see that this one is only 400KB.

Has anyone finished this version?

Hmmmm, I downloaded the file but for some reason the game cannot run in DOSBOX (v0.63). I try the metal.exe, but after the text messages nothing happens.

MrL 07-06-2005 05:48 PM

What are the proper settings in dosbox to run this game?

All I get are the text intros, then cga-vga choice and screen goes black.

Kon-Tiki 08-06-2005 01:13 AM

Would have to ask Doubler that :whistle: Until then, I guess I'll remove the DOSbox compatibility.

The Fifth Horseman 08-06-2005 08:38 AM

Panther_512, MrL: Some games that don't work in 0.63 work right in 0.61,. Install Dosbox 0.61 separately and try running the game through it. Should work.

Doubler 08-06-2005 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kon-Tiki@Jun 8 2005, 01:13 AM
Would have to ask Doubler that :whistle: Until then, I guess I'll remove the DOSbox compatibility.
I didn't have any trouble whatsoever running the game in DosBox :blink:
That means that NO special settings were used.
I'm not much of a tech wizz, I'm affraid, but I'll try (accent on try) to look into this.

EDIT:Oh wait, The_Fifth_Horseman already posted what might be the answer. Hope this works for you!

The current time is 09:13 PM (GMT)