Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Iso Where Art Thou? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=13943)

Icewolf 06-04-2007 11:26 AM

Hi @ all the readers of this topic! :D

OK, now we have the ISO cellar which is a good thing in my opinion.
Games like Dune with all the flight animation and stuff can now be hosted by the greatest abandonware site of all. ^_^ Everyone can enjoy stuff like voice output and these things.

This is definitly great. But when I look at a review, I don't know if there's a CD version available. And I won't roll up the entire ISO cellar for sure!

Maybe we can add a "ISO available" sign to the reviews? Or something like that?
I know we've been discussing all that stuff with lurkers and spammers being eager to get their fingers on the ISO and no being interested in Abandonia, but somehow people gotta know that we gave effort hosting an ISO.

Now waddaya think? :sneaky:

Geezer 06-04-2007 12:44 PM

Does Abandonia actually host any of those ISOs?

Thanks for starting this thread. I have been curious about this topic myself.

win98 06-04-2007 07:33 PM

That sounds like a good idea and I feel the same about the lurkers and such.

Icewolf 12-04-2007 09:33 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Geezer @ Apr 6 2007, 02:44 PM) [snapback]286359[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Does Abandonia actually host any of those ISOs?[/b]
No. We just provide links to where you can download them.

Mike_G 21-04-2007 08:38 PM

Woohoo! Just 2 more posts and I'll be getting at all those ISOs :w00t:

ReamusLQ 22-04-2007 12:04 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike_G @ Apr 21 2007, 12:38 PM) [snapback]287885[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Woohoo! Just 2 more posts and I'll be getting at all those ISOs :w00t:
[/b]
heh...make that EIGHTY two...you need 100+ posts to see the ISO forum

Mike_G 22-04-2007 12:08 PM

Guess I gotta spam harder then :P

The Fifth Horseman 23-04-2007 11:44 AM

As far as I know, you need only 20.

Icewolf 23-04-2007 01:03 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Apr 6 2007, 01:26 PM) [snapback]286344[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Maybe we can add a "ISO available" sign to the reviews? Or something like that?
Now waddaya think? :sneaky:[/b]
Could someone please answer my question? :huh:

Kezmoo 10-05-2007 02:26 AM

I do agree with Icewolf...

I'm currently offering to put a couple games into the ISO Cellar, and I'm willing to take boxshots, manual scans, write reviews etc.. I know you can put these up on the community reviews forum, but it's not quite the same..

Besides, if you think about it, hosting the reviews with an 'ISO Forum' tag may actually attract people to get involved in the forum...

If they know that there's a link in the ISO forum, and that you need X posts to get access.... (although I have found that while you can't access the main forum until you have 20 posts, you can access the subforums directly from the main page... Someone might want to have a look at that ;) )

Although there is a good point to be made about spammers and lurkers, we do have to ask if we're missing out on more good people than bad? If no-one knows it's there, OK, so no-one can abuse it, but no-one's going to use it properly, either...

After all, I would not have found out about the ISO cellar if I hadn't signed up specifically to offer a couple of games... And now I'm trying to get my post count up high enough to get in there!

The current time is 10:55 PM (GMT)