Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Christhecoolboy's offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=24777)

christhecoolboy 03-06-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acethor (Post 406195)
The project was abandoned by Sierra awhile ago (therefore no charge). The one he's offering is part of an indie revival project (using different servers). Although I'm still confused about the network part... How/why would we host an online game network here...

Because it is a sierra game... it is abandonware... it is DOS... it is a game... is that enough reasons?

Acethor 03-06-2010 07:37 PM

But it's not really a game. It's an online network which is used to host games.

christhecoolboy 03-06-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acethor (Post 406197)

INN is a game, it connects to a network, about 50% of the games you can play by yourself online... that qualifies as a game, thats like saying that Modern Warfare isnt a game? but it is...

Acethor 03-06-2010 07:49 PM

INN IS the network!!! ImagiNation NETWORK. The "games" that you play are Yserbius, Boogers, Red Baron, etc.

I think that perhaps because of the friendly-looking, graphics-heavy, and incredibly detailed interface, you are convinced that the network itself is a game. And also because unlike most online networks nowadays, this one is contained within software stored on your computer.

christhecoolboy 03-06-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acethor (Post 406197)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acethor (Post 406199)
INN IS the network!!! ImagiNation NETWORK. The "games" that you play are Yserbius, Boogers, Red Baron, etc.

I think that perhaps because of the friendly-looking, graphics-heavy, and incredibly detailed interface, you are convinced that the network itself is a game. And also because unlike most online networks nowadays, this one is contained within software stored on your computer.

still it would be a good addition to AB

Lulu_Jane 03-06-2010 09:42 PM

Stop fighting over this. I will ask Fifth to look at this in the morning.

The Fifth Horseman 03-06-2010 10:23 PM

The original network is completely nonfunctional. The server emulator might be added to the Programs page, if you can prove there are sufficient logical reasons for its addition there.

Acethor 04-06-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane (Post 406203)
Stop fighting over this. I will ask Fifth to look at this in the morning.

You completely misunderstand. We're not fighting, just posting our opinions.

christhecoolboy 04-06-2010 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 406206)
The original network is completely nonfunctional. The server emulator might be added to the Programs page, if you can prove there are sufficient logical reasons for its addition there.

its not an emulator, it runs via dosbox and uses the original software, all they did was change the internet file in INN to run through an IP...

The Fifth Horseman 04-06-2010 09:05 AM

Do you have a link to documentation of this thing?

The current time is 05:51 AM (GMT)