Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Free Online Multiplayers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=4224)

NrmMyth 04-04-2005 07:34 AM

In this topic i'll post links to free online multiplayers games.
And you'll help. :ok:

MMORPG
Kingdom of Loathing, fun to play, don't have to download anything, turn based
Anarchy-Online, free until 15/1/2006, 3d, very nice and cool, needs a client on your PC about 800 MB big on your PC, probably could be compared with World of Warcraft but deals with technology

bojster 04-04-2005 10:44 AM

Kajaani Kombat
Castle Combat
UFO 2000
FreeCiv
Battle for Wesnoth
netris
0verkill

...a whole lot of MMORPGs...

You can find many of these on happypenguin.org, unfortunately there's no 'multpilayer' category, but it's easy to find them with keywords.

I'd post links for the games I mentioned above, but I'm lazy and they're trivial to google.
The first five are available for Linux, Windows and other OSes, dunno about the last two, as they use text console...

Eagle of Fire 04-04-2005 08:52 PM

My brother intruduced me recently to a multiplayer game named Savage. It's a great mix between a RTS and a FPS.

What is great in this game is the teamplay. You have one commander in your team who act and play like a RTS and the other players are all controling a character like a FPS and the goal is to attack and destroy the ennemy Stronghold. Really worth a try tough I don't recommend it at all to the 56k users.

xcom freak 04-04-2005 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Apr 4 2005, 08:52 PM
My brother intruduced me recently to a multiplayer game named Savage. It's a great mix between a RTS and a FPS.

What is great in this game is the teamplay. You have one commander in your team who act and play like a RTS and the other players are all controling a character like a FPS and the goal is to attack and destroy the ennemy Stronghold. Really worth a try tough I don't recommend it at all to the 56k users.

i dont find it balanced though the humen are alot weaker imo.

Havell 04-04-2005 09:56 PM

I bought Savage for ?5 at the weekend but I can't get it to work :cry:

It says it cannot connect to the authentication server.

Eagle of Fire 04-04-2005 10:56 PM

Xcom Freak: I only play the demo right now so it's only human VS human games for me. Even tough I still think the game is well balanced. I agree that I usually only take electrical tech level 2 to fight with but I can't say that the other weapons don't have their place either. I also love the balista. :)

I'll probably buy that game online and try the other race when I get more money. You don't need to pay a monthly fee anyways since the servers are free to play on.

Sean 05-04-2005 07:58 AM

As MMORPGS go i reccomend....

KAL (www.kalonline.com)

If anybody does take the game up let me know i might have some money and/or kit to spare.

bojster 05-04-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by R Havell@Apr 4 2005, 11:56 PM
I bought Savage for ?5 at the weekend
I thought this thread was supposed to be about free games...

Havell 05-04-2005 02:33 PM

It's free to play once you've bought it and anyway, there was one of those 3 for 2 sales at the shop and it was my last game so it was free :P
The reason I mentioned it was because Eagle and xcomfreak were talking about it.

Eagle of Fire 05-04-2005 08:25 PM

Quote:

I thought this thread was supposed to be about free games...
You can play the demo for free and it's not a trial. So I guess you can call it free. :)

The current time is 09:43 PM (GMT)