Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   X-Com - Terror from the Deep (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=94)

Tomat 19-10-2004 12:30 AM

I would like to know where can i download x-com2?

thanks.

Tom Henrik 19-10-2004 09:38 AM

If you mean Terror From the Deep, then we have it on the site.

sweetjimmy 24-10-2004 03:29 PM

newb alert. Hey I love this site, just discovered it yesterday and I've been playing UFO ever since. I downloaded TFTD but I was wondering if there is a trick to get sound to work. When I installed it (everything seemed to go okay) it asked me a bunch of stuff about my soundcard like IRQ, etc. I have no clue what these should be or even if setting it to SB16/Awe32 will work for my Live! card.

Anyone have a tip for me?

Tom Henrik 24-10-2004 03:33 PM

Run the game in DOSBox.
Choose Soundblaster.
Set the IRQ to 5.
Enjoy.

Guest_sweetjimmy 25-10-2004 06:01 PM

awesome! thanks man!

jpnuar1 02-11-2004 03:28 AM

Works horribly in windows. Choppy sound, nearly impossible scrolling, even at slowest speeds, and randomly closes in terror missions.

One question though, for those who actually had the patience to beat the game. Is it just me, or is it impossible to research allien alloys? I cant get armor for my troops, and without it, I can't get better ships (can I?) so is this game just like xcom 1, only harder because of these, or what?

Eagle of Fire 02-11-2004 05:18 AM

The game is not meant to be played in Windows. Use DOSBox.

To research the alien alloys you must have a live Night One available in research. If I remember well you don't have to research it, just have it available in your research tree. This will open up the alien alloys.

jpnuar1 02-11-2004 05:33 AM

Well, DOSBox really helps with the battles, so thank you. But it goes too slowly in the world map, so I had to (by which I mean I chose to) save it and restart in windows.
Also, which race from X-Com 1 are the Night ones equivalent of?
Please not ethereals please not ethereals please not ethereals please not etherals.....

Eagle of Fire 02-11-2004 06:01 AM

There is a key in DOSBox to get the game go faster or slower, I think it's CTRL-F11 or CTRL-F10. You should look in the helpfiles, it's all there. I usually use 10000 cycles, but I think it's computer dependant. If you get it too high for your computer it will start to run slower back.

The alien I am talking about is the melee alien, the one who "spits" acid at his victims.

I myself never had a problem with Ethereals in UFO, and I really wonder what's the deal about it.

D-1-Viper 03-11-2004 08:11 PM

when i bought ufo i got it in a colectors edition it waz ufo1 and ufo2 + the compleat strategy books for both games maps and all and i still got the books to bad i cant send them to you

The current time is 04:52 PM (GMT)