Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Dig Dug (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=8814)

Kon-Tiki 14-01-2006 06:10 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Yobor 14-01-2006 06:21 PM

Wow. Dig Dug. Didn't they remake this game like 8 hundred billion times?

Toxik 14-01-2006 07:07 PM

Since I played this game for a long time for my NES,I would like to correct some mistakes in the review:

"You have a water pump in your hand to defend yourself against the monsters, but it’s not really useful (not only does it not kill them..."

It DOES kill them.You have to hold the pump button till they pop.

"Just remember, you don’t get to kill the dragon looking one. He’s a sort of a boss who escapes from one level to the next..."

Any monster will try to escape after some time.+You can kill the dragon with pump.I haven't checked if you can squish him,but it was possible in the NES version.

"The only way to get a monster is to stand under a rock ..."
See the above.

I hope anybody wont take this personal( :bye: Seb)
:)

SirPeter 14-01-2006 07:12 PM

Whats with the ugly cga colors?
I remember this game much prettier than this.
Only on pc sound?

If you like this game then you like Digger also :P

Sebatianos 14-01-2006 07:14 PM

Why should I take it personally? I made mistakes you corrected them - now the visitors get to read the correct information. I use to play the game long long ago, but when I played it no, there were things I couldn't do anymore. I asumed they were not possible in this version (I know - kindda arogant of me - if I couldn't do it in a couple of tries, then it's not doable... <_< ).

swiss 14-01-2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SirPeter@Jan 14 2006, 09:12 PM
Only on pc sound?

could it be that you are talking about the colourful C64 version?

I love the game! Nice review and update Sebatianos (I am sooo happy he didn't really leave us ... :D

SirPeter 14-01-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by swiss+Jan 14 2006, 09:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (swiss @ Jan 14 2006, 09:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SirPeter@Jan 14 2006, 09:12 PM
Only on pc sound?

could it be that you are talking about the colourful C64 version?

I love the game! Nice review and update Sebatianos (I am sooo happy he didn't really leave us ... :D [/b][/quote]
Now that you mention it ..... you might be right.

Guest_marko_river 14-01-2006 09:32 PM

Yes, game was more than fun on C64. I played it many times and it is definately above average game. This is a MUST TRY for every platform lovers.

Game is originaly created for arcade machines, but it was transfered onto every single computer or console there is.

I don't know how Seb missed killing the monsters. Well, mistakes has already been corrected. Only question is: should Seb change his review a little bit.

ccccc, Seb, pa zar nisi expert za ovakve igre :)))

stijnelijn 14-01-2006 10:05 PM

Even for the c64 this was an old game, and quite a nice game i considered it. A little of pacman and a little of boulderdash and a little of wizard of WOR.

Killing the bad guys was possible for sure, with some nice tricks like making a long line going up to the stone so you could kill multiple guys chasing you with the stone, can remeber i did quite some levels in a row.

The cga version looks real crappy indeed.

rev.zero 01-08-2006 01:51 AM

Haha! Digger was one of the first games I was ever exposed to. I used to freak out when he died and the little tombstone came up.

The theme song rules!

The current time is 02:13 PM (GMT)