Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Holly And Stanley (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=9367)

Ines 06-03-2006 07:58 PM

Holly is seven years old and she is from Nevada, USA. She is my friend's niece and she is doing a project for school involving helping Flat Stanley to see the world. The idea is to take Stanley somewhere, take a photo and also write something about where he went.

For example, I'll take the Flat Stanley's drawing (see picture bellow), just as a friend of mine asked me to do, to a coffee bar in Zagreb. I will place Flat Stanley next to me, order my capuccino and have someone take a picture of the two of us. Cigarettes on the picture are out of question :smoke:

I'll do this in Zagreb, can you do it wherever you are? And then post your picture here!

There's plenty of time. Holly has a presentation in early May.

Do you remeber a dwarf from French movie Amelie?

:tnx:

Ines 06-03-2006 08:07 PM

Stanley's drawing is coming in a moment!!

Danny252 06-03-2006 08:08 PM

Oh, nevermind..
Damn posting between reading and actual posting!

Anywho.. so, print out stanley, place him next to me, take photo, say where I/we are, and.. uh.. put it back here? LOL

Also been a while since you popped up ;)

Shrek 07-03-2006 11:30 AM

Wow... cool school project! In "my time" we didn't have that kind of projects, but I guess that was a long time ago :whistle:

I'm not going to promise anything (because I hate to break promises) but I'll try to get something.

BTW, wouldn't it be better to take "him" to places that could be easily identified? I mean, and following your example, a bar - unless it's a very well known place from a very specific town - can be difficult to connect to the town in question. I think it could work better if we take "him" to visit some national buildings, statues, bridges, towers, etc... But this is just my suggestion :tomato:

Ines 13-04-2006 08:10 PM

Stanley in the Maksimir Park. This public park was established in 1794. Stanley is standing in its central area in front of Vidikovac (panorama building) with a beautiful view on the lakes, the central alley and thick woods surrounding the park. Next to the park is a city ZOO with 281 animal species. People come here to enjoy the nature, jog, walk their pets or take a ride on a bike. In summer children go pony riding.

Stebbi 13-04-2006 08:17 PM

hmm maybe ill do it, maybe not.

Romano 13-04-2006 08:22 PM

Stanley at the Flour Square, the most famous square in Zagreb with numerous kavanas (kava means coffee, kavana means a coffee place), flower kiosks in the south, a cinema and a church. Zagreb people love having coffee in kavana with family, friends or colleagues. They also don't mind sitting alone and watching people go by or simply read a newspaper. Kavana is for sure a central socializing place in Zagreb and in Croatia.

Sebatianos 13-04-2006 08:30 PM

No fair, the two of you have the same Stanly :bleh:

rlbell 13-04-2006 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ines@Mar 6 2006, 08:58 PM

Do you remeber a dwarf from French movie Amelie?

:tnx:

Oh do I ever. Amelie was one of the best films that I have seen in a long time. Along with the dwarf (garden gnome), there is that delightful bit with the prompter for shy people, and the faked letter from the wayward, dead ex-husband of the concierge. Except for the gratuitous montage of sex scenes for the question "How many people are having orgasms, right now?", it would almost be a good family film.

Kon-Tiki 14-04-2006 01:10 AM

Le Fabuleus Destin d'Amélie Poulin's an awesome movie, especially the garden gnome idea in there :D I'll see if I can get a pic with Stanley from Belgium, and'll ask 'round to see if some people I know that aren't on Abandonia can take a pic with Stanley from where they live, too :ok:

The current time is 10:52 PM (GMT)