Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Warez (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=2787)

Titan 29-01-2005 04:16 PM

Seriously, are you sooo cheap you can't concider BUYING a game, rather just wanting it for free?

I assume none of you have a work, and you'r all in school still.
When you DO grow up, you'll understand WHY things cost, and what time is worth.

xcom freak 29-01-2005 04:58 PM

i have a job and i have paid for 10% of my games
does that make me cheap????
Some people spare money for things like food and college (coz their parents won't help like some people i know ) and don't pay for games i don't think that's cheap!!

Tulac 29-01-2005 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Titan@Jan 29 2005, 06:16 PM
I assume none of you have a work, and you'r all in school still.
When you DO grow up, you'll understand WHY things cost, and what time is worth.

But not why some things are overpriced...
Believe me in Romania or in Croatia, you can't really afford original games.I only buy games that I really like, and buy them because I want to support that company's work, other than that you have to use other khm channels, which doesn't have to be piracy, you can borrow play a demo or use Abandonia ;)...

You might not understand it from your western point of view...
And yeah for the end, never underestimate people because they're young, they still might have more brains, than you...
I don't want any conflicts, I'm just using freedom of speech ;)

Sebatianos 29-01-2005 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tulac@Jan 29 2005, 11:32 PM
But not why some things are overpriced...
Believe me in Romania or in Croatia, you can't really afford original games.

I don't want to repet myself, so here's what I said in a similar thread:
Quote:

Marcedes Benz is also very expencive (not only in Bulgaria, or Serbia, or Slovenia, or Germany - for that matter) and you can buy stolen cars at low prices from some guy at the corner too.
Both is wrong, both is illegal, but with cars, people are a bit more realistic, because you know it's been stolen and someone is looking for it. With music, movies and software - it's not stolen - it's only copied illegaly!!!
But it is very much the same!!!

Tulac 29-01-2005 09:00 PM

>>Marcedes Benz is also very expencive (not only in Bulgaria, or Serbia, or Slovenia, or Germany - for that matter) and you can buy stolen cars at low prices from some guy at the corner too.
Both is wrong, both is illegal, but with cars, people are a bit more realistic, because you know it's been stolen and someone is looking for it. With music, movies and software - it's not stolen - it's only copied illegaly!!!
But it is very much the same!!!

This is true, but police won't be chasing you for piracy(they only make big pirates pay fine's), and the difference is that everybody else is doing it, yes it's wrong, but I know that programmers get payed for the game, and the only one who is loosing money are slimmy managers and their lawyers...
Believe me if my parents wouldn't be working for everydays bread, and maybe one day if I'll have a lot of money, I'll be buying original games.

Omuletzu 30-01-2005 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tulac@Jan 30 2005, 12:00 AM
Believe me if my parents wouldn't be working for everydays bread, and maybe one day if I'll have a lot of money, I'll be buying original games.
Yep there's the hard cold truth.That's why nobody buys games here.

Wael 30-01-2005 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tulac@Jan 29 2005, 10:00 PM
and the only one who is loosing are slimmy managers and their lawyers...

And the programmers when they lose their jobs when their games wonīt sell -
And the game companies when they are driven out of the business because their games wonīt be bought -
And the gamers when the rare truly good games wonīt get sequels, since they didnīt "sell" enough,
And Again, the gamers, since the few skilled game companies are no more capable of making games,
for their games are no longer bought -

Quote:

I understand this, But it still doesnīt make it acceptable to make excuses,
You are stealing from the companies, gamers & publishers -
Accept that, and then use all the Warez you want /-

Once you understand this,
No-one will care anymore /-

Omuletzu 30-01-2005 01:05 PM

Does growing up in a country where 50 percent of the population is living in poverty make it acceptable?
Where the average wage per person is less than 150 $ ?
You see warez in Romania is not something of convinience.It's something you resort to because you barely have the cash to eat, pay the bills and buy a few clothes.

Wael 30-01-2005 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Omuletzu@Jan 30 2005, 02:05 PM
Does growing up in a country where 50 percent of the population is living in poverty make it acceptable?
Where the average wage per person is less than 150 $ ?

The acceptance of it makes it acceptable /-
Nothing else /-

And eventhough it differs,
(Comparable to poor people stealing food - Poor countries)
(Rich people stealing food - Usa & similar countries)
I do not care -

I am not judging anyone,
I am not saying that it is wrong,
I am saying that it is stealing /-

Personally it is all the same to me,
And propably to many of the game developers (Hi, my yearly profit is 50 ?, May I use a warez product of your game?
Yes would be the answer most propably, If they knew that you were telling the truth /-

My merely point was that making excuses like "and the only one who is loosing money are slimmy managers and their lawyers...",
Is justifying your own deeds, to make it more acceptable to yourself,
And that is what I do not approve /-

Sebatianos 30-01-2005 01:34 PM

I still think it's not an acceptable.
Sorry to say this, but if you can afford a computer you aren't exactly starving. You obviously have a place where you are staying, are able to pay for the electric bills and can own a computer. That does not qualify you as a poor person - not rich (definatly not rich), but not poor either.
The problem in such countries is, that games cost too much. The market for games is small so the price is high. Because of that no one will buy the game, so they will sell even less and would raise the prices.
I bet if companies would lower the prices to something reasonable (you can buy games in stores in Slovenia and pay for them as much as you would for 2-3 beers in a pub). That might change something.

The current time is 05:47 AM (GMT)