Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Programming (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Kawumm Kaminski (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=28961)

Funkmaster5000 18-08-2012 05:42 PM

Kawumm Kaminski

Actually that's the working title. It's about a tough guy from eastern europe, who has to fight his way through hordes of camels. Take a good look on his mullet! He has a jetpack of course! Here is a first screen of an early stage. Feel free, to comment.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c.../Kaminski2.png

RRS 18-08-2012 06:14 PM

I got enthralled by the original story. Please do elaborate.

MyVitalRemains 18-08-2012 09:14 PM

So, when do you plan to release this and on what platforms?

Funkmaster5000 18-08-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRS (Post 445111)
I got enthralled by the original story. Please do elaborate.

It's my very first game, therefore the story might...uhm...be missing :perv:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyVitalRemains (Post 445118)
So, when do you plan to release this and on what platforms?

On Pc and it will be released pretty soon, just as a minigame, because it is, as I already said, my very first game, that I actually complete. Everytime I look into my "Started" folder I see all the rubbish, that never made it. Good for practice, but this gem (:lol:) seems to have lead to at least a little something, that I'd like to share and hope there's more to come. I like the 8 bit look and of course it features 8 bit music composed by me.

TotalAnarchy 19-08-2012 04:59 AM

Interesting. However in such games, the controls are the ones to get right. I wonder if he's looking for artifacts in the desert, and the sacred camels are angry at him for stealing them... Hmmm...

Funkmaster5000 19-08-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 445125)
Interesting. However in such games, the controls are the ones to get right. I wonder if he's looking for artifacts in the desert, and the sacred camels are angry at him for stealing them... Hmmm...

True, to be honest, the controls need some improvement, it was quite difficult for me as a beginner to get them right, because of the basically 8 directions he can move to. Unfortunatly I connected the animation to the buttons that are pressed, which results in the player not beeing able to increase flying hight and fight back (naturally I thought of bombs) from the sky, because I had to choose, which Image to draw then. I'm eagerly trying to fix this.

Nice plot, maybe I'll add that, so the game doesn't stay such plain and simple. First I thought, he could only collect Powerups, but some jewels besides the camels for scoreing would justify the highscore list.

RRS 19-08-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkmaster5000 (Post 445119)
the story might...uhm...be missing

I've noticed that it's fairly random. I just wondered why a guy from Germany would purposely detail that this character is from Eastern Europe and named him Kaminski. Especially that in Eastern Europe camels are only found in zoos, so it's not a natural choice. I'm sure there's an innocent background story behind it, and it's just my itchy finger wanting to rise the DEFCON by a notch...:sneaky:

Funkmaster5000 19-08-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRS (Post 445134)
I've noticed that it's fairly random. I just wondered why a guy from Germany would purposely detail that this character is from Eastern Europe and named him Kaminski. Especially that in Eastern Europe camels are only found in zoos, so it's not a natural choice. I'm sure there's an innocent background story behind it, and it's just my itchy finger wanting to rise the DEFCON by a notch...:sneaky:

It's not that random actually, I know a guy with that last name (and with a mullet) and he's kind of Duke Nuk'em like, so he is the man of the choice for being an action hero. It's not my intention to insult anyone, with choosing a guy with eastern europe roots, at least he isn't a vodka drinking cliché.

The Fifth Horseman 19-08-2012 01:45 PM

First, it's spelled "Kamiński" (note the accent).
Second, what sort of first name is "Kawumm"? Not a valid Polish or Eastern European one at the very least.

TotalAnarchy 19-08-2012 01:55 PM

Are you guys trolls or what. First, a simple wikipedia search reveals that the name is common in Germany as well (without the accent). Secondly, this is not real, you can call Obnorotoribus Kaminski and nobody should care, because it's about a Slavic lumberjack avoiding hordes of camels with a jetpack.

The current time is 01:14 AM (GMT)