Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Space Quest 2 - Vohauls Revenge (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=293)

Kosta 07-06-2004 12:01 AM

Space Quest 2 - Vohauls Revenge

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Jurific 31-08-2004 05:34 PM

Here we have in my opinion the greatest space quest game.. great in my opinion beacause it's in EGA. I hate the VGA games beacause the crapy drawings don't really fit togeather and so they distract the player. This game gaves me hours of fun in my youth. the only downside is the length. It is definatly to short and has a very simple plot, it only takes place in two locations really. Anyway i definatly recomend it and give it two thumbs way up.

Space quest at its finest! :ok:

auhsor 02-09-2004 10:05 AM

Well I do love this game. I love the whole series. I actually love number 3 better, because of the story, and humour and everything. This is still a great game. Highly recommended.

Tom Henrik 02-09-2004 01:11 PM

I have to agree. I love the old EGA versions. One of the reasons for this is that the VGA remakes are just to simple. And they don't have as many secrets as the old ones.

This will be a bit of topic, but it just proves my point. In Larry 1, at some point you have to cross the road. There are two ways I know for doing this. You can either spend an entire month looking for the right objects to help stop the traffic, so you can cross is without dying. OR you can simply type PLAY MOSES!

The last one was discovered after me and some friends got tired of it all, and just typed that as a sort of internal joke. Words can not describe how we looked and felt when he parted the traffic and crossed the road :lol:

NOW... how should this little secret take place in a VGA remake? ;)

Guest 27-11-2004 08:55 PM

well i wouldn't put it in the same words but i agree completely. In my opinion these games are supposed to be fantasies, no point adding semi-realistic paintings or drawings. EGA is smooth on the eyes delightfully funny, and easy to take in. VGA rarely changes the plot and its essentially a waste of time. Thank you Abandonia for helping me finda this EGA classic from my youth!

:ok:

Mickey Bitsko 02-12-2004 08:56 PM

This was the first graphic game I ever played and it's my favorite game of all time. I still compare every good game to it and SQ2 always comes out on top. Great puzzles, silly dialogue, imaginitive graphics, great ways to die, terrible insults when you do die. I love this game!

Thanks again Abandonware!

JudgeDeadd 28-01-2005 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Sep 2 2004, 02:11 PM
This will be a bit of topic, but it just proves my point. In Larry 1, at some point you have to cross the road. There are two ways I know for doing this. You can either spend an entire month looking for the right objects to help stop the traffic, so you can cross is without dying. OR you can simply type PLAY MOSES!
Uh, where is that part? The only road-crossing I know of is the road at the beginning (in front of Lefty's bar), and when you go on it you die...

Guest 08-03-2005 11:27 AM

SOme has to be the first. Some has to be the beginning. The mother. This is the mother. Maybe if I wouldn´t see this game sometimes about 1991, I would never play adventures.

No more comment. No words can describe ...

Maftík 08-03-2005 11:28 AM

ugh, again I forgot to subscribe. Sorry ...

Stig 07-04-2005 04:53 AM

This was the first Sierra game I ever completed. Was hooked on it big time. Damn cool to be able to download and play it again. My thanks to this site.

The current time is 07:48 PM (GMT)