Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I need your opinions on this. (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=18646)

ianfreddie07 15-01-2009 12:40 PM

I need your opinions on this.

Well, I have been the prime target of school bullying for almost 3 years now. And along the way I just learned something...

I can't stop the bullying. :noworry:

So I took it positively and decided to accept and smile at it. So the next time I get bullied I just tell myself "It's just the usual, nothing to get angry about :amused:" and laugh about it. And it brings good news... It's working! I don't get sulky because of bullying. I'm not getting into those bursts of fury I had before. :thumbs: However if I say I accept my being bullied it doesn't mean I give up on hoping it would stop. :)

Which equals to... Happier life. :nuts:

Now, I ask you this: Do you think I should continue doing this or should I look for a solution to stop the bullying? Your thoughts are appreciated K THX. :p

Dave 15-01-2009 01:03 PM

That's a step forward :OK:
This is positive, I think you could find many friends with a big smile in your face, work on the things you like, on your interests, share opinions with other, be funny and be yourself ;)

gregor 15-01-2009 01:57 PM

*Removed*

Tulac 15-01-2009 02:33 PM

OMFG Gregor that's exactly what I wanted to write. :P

So it's either that, or wait until college.

The Bard 15-01-2009 02:42 PM

Yea, or grow a pair, start training boxing or sth...

The Fifth Horseman 15-01-2009 02:50 PM

Find a solution to stop, certainly.
That doesn't mean you have to stop it with your own hands, of course.

punch999 15-01-2009 02:53 PM

Bullying stops eventually.

And it stops quicker with these
[Snip]

They are great.

And tell a school counselor about it. These things can be fixed. Most schools have a very strict Anti-bullying policy.

Grinder 15-01-2009 04:05 PM

punch999, that does not apply to most schools I've seen.

I'd say you're on the right path, but I'd definitely do more than just take it easy. I was bullied when I was younger, and I got through with a big smile and a sense of humour. That, and I kneeled a huge guy in the nuts for insulting my mother. He respected me after that, and we're pretty much buddies now.

That fact led me to realize something: Most of the people that bullied me back then are my friends now. It's quite simple, really. You take a few decent kids with no friends, put them in a room together, then you put one puny little weakling in the middle. Those decent kids know exactly what they have to do to get the other decent kids to respect them: pick on the little guy.

I was the little guy, and these people were only human. After a year, they'd all gotten to know each other and everyone got along just fine. No bullying necessary anymore, people knew how much you were worth.

In your case, it might not be over after just a year, but keep in mind that all these bullies are doing is trying to hide their own insecurity and get the respect they so deeply desire.

_r.u.s.s. 15-01-2009 04:33 PM

how are you being "bullied"?

i think you mis-expressed yourself and you mean calling names or whatever, which is common, and not actual beating or serious stuff, or do you?

Tulac 15-01-2009 07:22 PM

So saying "kick him in the nuts" is illegal on abandonia? Wow. I think that's even allowed on Disney's kid shows.

The current time is 12:34 PM (GMT)