Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Touching Moments (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=6837)

TheChosen 21-08-2005 10:37 AM

Do you know any touching moments in video games,that almost made you cry?

I had once a moment like this in the Metal Gear Solid,when the Sniper Wolf was dying.... :cry:

Other one was in the Final Fantasy 7. It was the dead of Aeris..... :cry:

Doubler 21-08-2005 10:57 AM

I was struck with silence when I returned to Kharak in Homeworld, and found it devastated.
Even more so when I saw the video of the destruction.

But beyond those moments? Propably a few, but I can't remember.

duckpatch 21-08-2005 11:46 AM

I nearly had a tear in my eye at the end of Suikoden 1.

Finishing an epic game + sad music = crying (nearly!)

efthimios 21-08-2005 01:07 PM

There are two moments that I remember of feeling sad. One was when in a game of Colonial Conquest I was ready to invade Siberia (controlled by Russia) and had moved about 3 million troops there with 800 ships, invaded and lost 2.5 mil in one season and not get the territory. (I was playing as Japan). Not only that but my friend (who was controlling Russia) invaded Manchuria (where I staged my invasion from) and captured it. Spying on the territory I found that he had about 5 mil troops there. What a massacre. The war went on for another 15 years without anyone succeeding to progress enough to be considered a winner. Great game.

The other moment that comes perhaps a bit closer to crying (but not crying) was when I let myself lose a game (meaning I didn't quit when things were a lost cause) in Civilization II(or I I can't remember) and I got that small sequence with the tablet or something saying ".....will rise again". (or something. Excellent!

strangelove 21-08-2005 01:55 PM

One moment stands out for me, it was halfway through Jagged Alliance 2. I'd been fighting an extremely difficult battle in a village against the Queens troops and most of my team were nearly dead. The remaining enemy was tucked away in a building firing out of the window and making life extremely difficult. I managed to sneak someone around the back, burst in and found that there was a civilian cowering right next to him. Determined not to lose I opened fire with a shotgun and took the enemy out but unfortunately wasted the civilian too. The battle ended and the team member remarked with disgust that he hadn't signed up for THAT kind of job and promptly quit my team. He had a point.

Scarface 21-08-2005 02:21 PM

I remember some touching moments in :

- Max Payne 2
- Metal Gear Solid (the ending without Meryl)
- Silent Hill

Borodin 21-08-2005 02:52 PM

Um, no, can't say I do. Though I was surprised and a bit saddened at the death of one of the leads at the conclusion of Betrayal at Krondor. The writers had done such a fine job building up that character that you naturally felt some sympathy for him. Still, it's not a real person, and the writing in games is (usually) marginal at best. I'm far more likely to feel that way if I read the death scene of a character in a very good novel, or watch one in a very good movie.

Scarface 21-08-2005 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Borodin@Aug 21 2005, 09:52 AM
or watch one in a very good movie.
I agree, movies can affect me emotionally more than video games. But, I just need a good story and I can get into a movie, book or even a video game.

moogle 21-08-2005 04:28 PM

Nope, can't think of anything, maybe when the 2 kids turn themselves into stone in FF2 that nearly made me cry, not quite though.

Blood-Pigggy 21-08-2005 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Doubler@Aug 21 2005, 05:57 AM
I was struck with silence when I returned to Kharak in Homeworld, and found it devastated.
Even more so when I saw the video of the destruction.

But beyond those moments? Propably a few, but I can't remember.

Bingo!
I actually became angry at that point.

Most touching is the reuniting of Sarah and Max before she dies in Sanitarium.
I think I cried. :cry:

Don Andy 21-08-2005 08:23 PM

Hmm, no game actually made me crying. I only remember FF3 (the cutscenes with Celes, when the Opera-music plays in the background) and some SOM-Scenes making me sad, but that's it. I guess it's mostly the music with me. Even if the most liked character in a game would die, I wouldn't be sad if there isn't the rigth music.

BeefontheBone 21-08-2005 08:31 PM

Maybe the reason lots of FF games are being mentioned is because they're a bit like interactive movies...

The Niles 21-08-2005 10:06 PM

When Mona Sax dies at the end of end of Max Payne 2 I felt a pain in my stomach.

GraveDigger 22-08-2005 04:07 AM

The touchiest moment I have ever experienced in a game, which I believe was also the longest game of my life, was the ending of The Longest Journey. I was sad to see April Ryan talking with the crow.

moogle 22-08-2005 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Aug 21 2005, 08:31 PM
Maybe the reason lots of FF games are being mentioned is because they're a bit like interactive movies...
Ya, and the opera scene in FF3 was just annoying!!! If you got defeated by Ultros (the boss) then you had to listen to the whole 4 minute cut scene again, so annoying!!!

MdaG 22-08-2005 08:38 AM

My touching(favorite) moments SPOILER WARNING !!!
  • Anachronox - When the alien says:You'd be surprised how seldom people look up
  • Homeworld - At the destruction of one's homeworld. Adagio for strings really sets the mood there.
  • Grim Fandango - Saying goodbye to Glottis in the end.
  • Riven - Opening the portal to the Moiety Age.
  • Wing Commander 1 - Fighting a losing battle against the Kilrathi and ending up in Sol for a last suicide mission.
  • Wing Commander 3 - Being captured by Thrakhath and given an honorary death.
  • Tie Fighter - Being made the Emperors left hand.
  • Knights of the old republic - When it is revealed that you are Revan

Abi79 22-08-2005 08:57 AM

There isn't a game in this world that would make me cry or be sad. :Titan:
Well there was a game when I was little. It was called "Windows 98 SE" and I started to cry when it crashed. :cry: I thought I broke my computer.

TheChosen 22-08-2005 01:52 PM

'SPOILER WARNING!

The death of Aeris in FF7 was very touching. Sephiroth suddenly jumped from behind and slashed him with his blade. And then the Cloud fighting against the JENOVA(Other members were dead and Cloud was immune to JENOVAS water attacks). Cloud,desperately trying to fight against the JENOVA,when he lost his love.....*sniff*

The Fifth Horseman 22-08-2005 03:53 PM

I was brought close to crying when I completed Flashback: Quest for Identity. The outro music was so beautiful...

Himmler 22-08-2005 05:01 PM

when i played the first time counter-strike with podbot 2.5 i almost cried..i thought it was a gift from Zalmoxes. :kosta:

Xikarita 22-08-2005 05:07 PM

****SPOILER WARNING*****

-Final Fantasy IX, when Mog (the Moogle) reveals itself and ''dies''.
- Star Wars KOTOR: the revelation (your character is Revan) and everything after.

Rogue 22-08-2005 05:44 PM

Reading and later watching about the mess in WoW (World of Warcraft) created by couple players, who took one of the hardest Bosses, Kazzak, to the capital of Humans, Stormwind.

Here is explanation of friend of mine:

Quote:

This fellow is considered to be one of the top 5 of the toughest bosses in the game. You can only bring him down with a group of up to 40 players, and they all should better know how to play their character.

The main difference between Kazzak and the other bosses in the game is basically that Kazzak is not "locked" inside an instance (an area you can only enter in groups, and where you cannot pull mobs out of it, they all stay in that instance). This makes it possible to pull him out of his area, into other areas.

And this is exactly what has happened once, on an American server.

Some horde guys pulled Kazzak from his area into the capital of the humans, Stormwind. This city is pretty large and full of computer-controlled guards, and other players as well.
So they pulled him into the city and all hell broke loose.

He literally wiped out the entire city, all guards and players, because he has got one nasty habit which makes it extremely hard to kill him - whenever a character, be it a player or controlled by the game, dies in front of him, he goes into "Supreme Mode" and heals himself.

Game-controlled guards of course are stupid - they see the enemy (Kazzak in this case) and attack him. It takes Kazzak one or two blows to kill such a guard, so he constantly heals himself and virtually does not lose any health points, he practically gets unbeatable. Clever players stay out of Kazzaks range and leave him alone, but it's the guards that spawn quickly and constantly attack him, keeping him alive.

The end of the story is that Blizzard had to shut down the server, because there was no other way to get Kazzak out of Stormwind again. The horde players got banned for a few days, but they made a video of all of this. It is hilarious.

I will never be able to figure out how they managed to pull Kazzak over an extremely long distance from his area into Stormwind, but somehow they did it. Remember if Kazzak attacks you, you have less than ten seconds to live even if somebody heals you, he hits so hard that it takes only three to four blows until you're dead.

Get the video here: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=2363

If the link does not work, try then those:

http://files.guildvsguild.info/media/wow/kazzak.avi
http://www.afflictedguild.com/members/Kazzak-vs-SW.avi

This is hilarious!

Quintopotere 22-08-2005 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Abi79@Aug 22 2005, 08:57 AM
There isn't a game in this world that would make me cry or be sad. :Titan:
Well there was a game when I was little. It was called "Windows 98 SE" and I started to cry when it crashed. :cry: I thought I broke my computer.

I agree totally with you!

Windows series is just so... touching... it can makes you cry, shout, feel sad and so on...

Chuck the plant 23-08-2005 02:03 AM

I remember crying as a small child whenever that frog from "Frogger" died...

taikara 23-08-2005 04:27 AM

Many times in various Final Fantasy games... especially FFX. Tidus was lame, but the scene with him and Yuna in the pond makes me cry every time *sniff*

moogle 23-08-2005 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xikarita@Aug 22 2005, 05:07 PM
****SPOILER WARNING*****

- Star Wars KOTOR: the revelation (your character is Revan) and everything after.

Mog dies?!?!?!?!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bernie 23-08-2005 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Anubis@Aug 22 2005, 05:44 PM
Reading and later watching about the mess in WoW (World of Warcraft) created by couple players, who took one of the hardest Bosses, Kazzak, to the capital of Humans, Stormwind.

Here is explanation of friend of mine:

Quote:

This fellow is considered to be one of the top 5 of the toughest bosses in the game. You can only bring him down with a group of up to 40 players, and they all should better know how to play their character.

The main difference between Kazzak and the other bosses in the game is basically that Kazzak is not "locked" inside an instance (an area you can only enter in groups, and where you cannot pull mobs out of it, they all stay in that instance). This makes it possible to pull him out of his area, into other areas.

And this is exactly what has happened once, on an American server.

Some horde guys pulled Kazzak from his area into the capital of the humans, Stormwind. This city is pretty large and full of computer-controlled guards, and other players as well.
So they pulled him into the city and all hell broke loose.

He literally wiped out the entire city, all guards and players, because he has got one nasty habit which makes it extremely hard to kill him - whenever a character, be it a player or controlled by the game, dies in front of him, he goes into "Supreme Mode" and heals himself.

Game-controlled guards of course are stupid - they see the enemy (Kazzak in this case) and attack him. It takes Kazzak one or two blows to kill such a guard, so he constantly heals himself and virtually does not lose any health points, he practically gets unbeatable. Clever players stay out of Kazzaks range and leave him alone, but it's the guards that spawn quickly and constantly attack him, keeping him alive.

The end of the story is that Blizzard had to shut down the server, because there was no other way to get Kazzak out of Stormwind again. The horde players got banned for a few days, but they made a video of all of this. It is hilarious.

I will never be able to figure out how they managed to pull Kazzak over an extremely long distance from his area into Stormwind, but somehow they did it. Remember if Kazzak attacks you, you have less than ten seconds to live even if somebody heals you, he hits so hard that it takes only three to four blows until you're dead.

Get the video here: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=2363

If the link does not work, try then those:

http://files.guildvsguild.info/media/wow/kazzak.avi
http://www.afflictedguild.com/members/Kazzak-vs-SW.avi

This is hilarious!

they got banned? Because they got an evil boss to attack the enemy capitol? which actually is their job, since they are at war with each other? I'm glad I don't play that game, being moderated like that.

okay, very touching moment.. In Starcontrol 2, just in beginning when you learn the fate of the alliance of free stars. That game also has many other touchy moments.

MdaG 23-08-2005 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bernie@Aug 23 2005, 08:44 AM
they got banned? Because they got an evil boss to attack the enemy capitol? which actually is their job, since they are at war with each other? I'm glad I don't play that game, being moderated like that.

I agree, that's stupid. That was a huge victory for the Horde. They shouldn't be punished for it.

Stroggy 23-08-2005 10:12 AM

Myst III, the (complete) ending

Nightkin 23-08-2005 10:42 AM

I never cried because of a game. But there where some games with very touching moments.
So was the ending of StarCraft, with the heroic attack of Tassadar, and also Broodwar when the beaten terran fleet returns home and DuGalle commites suicide.

There where of course some moments in Max Payne 1+2 that where very touching. Monas death for example.

The end of Flashback, because you made it to destroy the aliens, but cannot return home.

There are many other games...

Xikarita 23-08-2005 04:53 PM

@Taikara:

Many times in various Final Fantasy games... especially FFX. Tidus was lame, but the scene with him and Yuna in the pond makes me cry every time *sniff*
--------------------
Actually, that one made me laugh a bit. It's like ''oooh, he sure is doing his best to share his chewing gum with her'' :D :D :D

@Moogle:

Mog dies?!?!?!?!

***********SPOILERS!***************

Well, kind of. She disappears into the spiritual world and stays only in the form of a ''souvenir'' (a summon called Terra Homing, I think) that can be used in combat.

moogle 23-08-2005 05:39 PM

Ohhh that makes sense...but...
Mog=he ;) LOL

Combat_trousers_rock 23-08-2005 08:34 PM

In ff7 when Aeris dies, and, if crying with laughter counts, in ff7 when cloud is dressed up as a girl!

MrBackAlleySka 23-08-2005 09:54 PM

I see everyone Mentioning Homeworld, yeh, that ending made me cry too. The whole music in it made me feel all lonely and sad. I even remember my next door neighbor hearing me scream "Don't harm my people!!" and related sayings during the game. Oddly she thought I was watching Dune....*eh?*

Maan, I just Reinstalled System Shock 2 because I wanted to play it again, now I wanna reinstall Homeworld!! :wall: :wall:

TheGiantMidgit 24-08-2005 05:54 AM

Tears from the laughter roll down my face during every piece of painful dialog in most japanese RPG's, the only exception being Tales of Phantasia, which just made me laugh through it's blatant obscenity.

TheChosen 24-08-2005 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by moogle+Aug 23 2005, 05:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (moogle @ Aug 23 2005, 05:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Xikarita@Aug 22 2005, 05:07 PM
****SPOILER WARNING*****

Mog dies?!?!?!?!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: [/b][/quote]
It does?

ANOTHER SPOILER WARNING

I tought he turned out to be an eidolon.

Xikarita 24-08-2005 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheChosen+Aug 24 2005, 12:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheChosen @ Aug 24 2005, 12:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by moogle@Aug 23 2005, 05:02 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Xikarita
Quote:

@Aug 22 2005, 05:07 PM
****SPOILER WARNING*****

Mog dies?!?!?!?!

It does?

ANOTHER SPOILER WARNING

I tought he turned out to be an eidolon. [/b][/quote]
***********SPOILER************

Kind of, I guess. But when she gets the eidolon, the little moogle disappears, and all there is left is the Eidolon Terra Homing, which is only seen on the battlefield.

SailorMars 24-08-2005 02:47 PM

I know one.

When I was playing Grandia first time, I cry, when Justin leaves Sue..... :cry:

PrejudiceSucks 24-08-2005 04:31 PM

Hmm I dunno if this counts, but my friend made a really, really excellent campaign for Operation Flashpoint. I did the voices for a couple of minor characters, but I was really just the one who played it out.

It basically followed the story of a depressed engineer in the Russian army, you only see combat a couple of times, it's mostly story-based, but that's besides the point. On the last mission come the final blow that makes you commit suicide. I don't know why, but it's really sad, even though it's a bit clichéd.

You're coming home after work in your normal clothes, no weapons or anything, just driving in your car.

As you turn the corner to go into your own house, you see your friends and wife being lined up against the wall. Your car runs out of petrol just as you turn the corner and all you can do is watch as some Finnish Sissi soldiers gun them down. You're totally helpless and there's nothing you can do about it.

I don't know why, but that bit made me sad every time. There is then a cutscene which shows the Finns doing this to the whole village before they then smash it apart. Your character then runs into a barn, you hear a shotgun discharge and the screen blacks out.

Then there's a sweeping shot of a field full of graves in the sunset. It's a lot more sad than it sounds, trust me.

moogle 24-08-2005 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheChosen+Aug 24 2005, 11:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheChosen @ Aug 24 2005, 11:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by moogle@Aug 23 2005, 05:02 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Xikarita
Quote:

@Aug 22 2005, 05:07 PM
****SPOILER WARNING*****

Mog dies?!?!?!?!

It does?

ANOTHER SPOILER WARNING

I tought he turned out to be an eidolon. [/b][/quote]
MOG ISNT AN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry:
Grrrr....angry moogle....LOL

Kon-Tiki 24-08-2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Combat_trousers_rock@Aug 23 2005, 10:34 PM
In ff7 when Aeris dies, and, if crying with laughter counts, in ff7 when cloud is dressed up as a girl!
Idem ditto, but not crying. That's also such a downer if you've been training Aeris as one of your main characters, but you don't think 'bout that til later in the game, when you need a healer in your party :whistle: Another part that got to me, was the part with Cloud in the wheelchair, having completely lost his mind.

Oh, and in Final Fantasy 6 (I think), the part with General Leo and Kefka, with the water poisoning (that discussion and when they show you the effect) That was pure evil, that was.

moogle 24-08-2005 09:34 PM

FF3 wth Kefka actually.
:ok:

Blood-Pigggy 25-08-2005 02:58 PM

FF6 is what FF3 was released as in the states.

Just so you can brush up on your gaming facts :D .

moogle 25-08-2005 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Aug 25 2005, 02:58 PM
FF6 is what FF3 was released as in the states.

Just so you can brush up on your gaming facts :D .

nope, hehe, I was once confused that way too, FF6 is NOT FF3, FF6 was never realsed in the US, and is currently only realsed in Japan, currently there is going to be a remake of it in English for the Nintendo DS tho. Read about it here

FF6 FAQ:

* There are 4 versions of FF6.
o FF6J: The original FF6 was never released outside of Japan. This is, however, the only real version of FF6. Until recently, you either played one of the poor English knockoffs, or learned Japanese to play FF6.
o FF3US: The first English-translated FF6 was renamed to FF3 because the real FF2 and 3 were never sold in the US, making FF6 the third FF game to be released in the US. This version is poorly translated, characters/items/terms renamed, story slightly altered, and all around sucked when compared to the real thing.
o FF6A: A version of FF6 was made for the playstation port in Final Fantasy Anthology. This version is essentially identical to FF3US except a few of the more annoying details have been fixed, such as the some of the horrible translation errors (like the infamous "Fenix Down") and the "FF3" title screen. It's still nowhere near being an accurate English port of FF6 though.
o FF6 (J, unoff-j2e): In response to the need for a direct port of FF6 to English, without retaining all the ridiculous version changes, Sky Render of alt.games.final-fantasy.rpg fame translated FF6's script properly into English and set about to hack the script into Japanese ROM to produce a j2e style hacked FF6J ROM. Details below.

The following info was take from here.

*flys off into the sunset*

Blood-Pigggy 25-08-2005 04:44 PM

Oh wait, I got it the other way around.

FF6 was released as FF3 in the US.
There we go.

EDIT: I just read your post and I already know all that, I was just mixed up for a sec.
:D

efthimios 25-08-2005 05:06 PM

I just remembered one time that I almost cried from happiness.
Back in 1998 when after 4.5 years without my ST I first found out about PacifiST and trying Colonial Conquest. The joy I felt seeing CC loading screen and music on that uni pc was something I haven't felt since. :cry: :D :kosta:

Rogue 25-08-2005 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by efthimios@Aug 25 2005, 12:06 PM
I just remembered one time that I almost cried from happiness.
Back in 1998 when after 4.5 years without my ST I first found out about PacifiST and trying Colonial Conquest. The joy I felt seeing CC loading screen and music on that uni pc was something I haven't felt since. :cry: :D :kosta:

Kind of felt the same when I found (Win)UAE, Fellow, Frodo, Gens.... It was nice discovery. :D

Frodo 25-08-2005 06:19 PM

Syberia 2 made me cry

SPOILER ALERT

Oscar the automaton sacrificed himself because Hans Vorelberg needed his robot body to live.

It was so sad. Oscar deserves to live as well!

:cry:

Blood-Pigggy 25-08-2005 06:21 PM

I remember that.
I didn't exactly cry but I did feel something at that point.

Which was enough for me.

troop18546 25-08-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Niles@Aug 22 2005, 12:06 AM
When Mona Sax dies at the end of end of Max Payne 2 I felt a pain in my stomach.
That moment made me laugh. LOL

Stroggy 25-08-2005 07:18 PM

Another game that has a few touching moments is Mafia, which is one of the best games I've ever played.

Havell 25-08-2005 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stroggy@Aug 25 2005, 08:18 PM
Another game that has a few touching moments is Mafia, which is one of the best games I've ever played.
I'll second that. The ending didn't make me cry, but I wasn't expecting it and it made me sit back in my chair and think (no, I'm not going to spoil it, go out and buy the game yourself, you won't regret it).

Scarface 25-08-2005 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by troop18546@Aug 25 2005, 01:54 PM
That moment made me laugh. LOL
:blink: you didn't understand the story... right???

Fruit Pie Jones 25-08-2005 07:49 PM

I've never cried because of a computer game, but some have certainly had more of an emotional effect than others:

Homeworld has already been mentioned, and rightly so. It has one of the best plotlines I've ever seen in a PC game. All of the backstory in the manual is completely unnecessary for completing the game, but it (along with the cutscenes) really sets you up for the sucker-punch in mission 3, the effect of which is enhanced by "Agnus Dei" playing in the background. On a side note, I thought the Garden of Kadesh missions were very cool and a little creepy.

Star Control 2 has also been mentioned, and it's another game with a great and very complex plotline. The Shofixti, the Mycon/Syreen conflict, and the story behind the Ur-Quan were all rather touching.

I always found the Skara Brae subplot in Ultima VI (who killed Quentin?) to be quite poignant.

moogle 25-08-2005 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Aug 25 2005, 04:44 PM
Oh wait, I got it the other way around.

FF6 was released as FF3 in the US.
There we go.

EDIT: I just read your post and I already know all that, I was just mixed up for a sec.
:D

I am teh master of the old school FF ^_^

Blood-Pigggy 25-08-2005 09:50 PM

Oh, posh, I probably know more than you do. :D

But let's not spam in this forum...

I felt a strong sense of accomplishment after I took my Cleric in BG from Candlekeep all the way to the last BG2 Expansion.

moogle 26-08-2005 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Aug 25 2005, 09:50 PM
Oh, posh, I probably know more than you do. :D

Doubt it...plus I have more reasources to call upon than you probly...:)

PrejudiceSucks 26-08-2005 11:02 AM

Stop pissing around with FF6/3... nobody else wants this here, make your own topic about it.

The Gardens of Kadesh were indeed great, but they're the part of the game that I got stuck in as the Kushan. I never liked Homeworld 2, the plot wasn't as good, plus it assumed that the original campaign was completed as the Kushan. I played as the Taidaani forces and enjoyed it.

The start of Homeworld 2 is quite good, but apart from that it was a lot poorer. The original still wins it for me.

Deus Ex also had a few decent moral questions in it. I especially liked the Anna Navarre article on freedom, which made me think.

P.S. This is slightly irrelevant, but have you ever been to Skara Brae? It's quite nice, if cold.

efthimios 26-08-2005 12:55 PM

Skara Brae? Sounds like a martian scientist. :D

Stroggy 26-08-2005 02:13 PM

I believe it's some Neolithic settlement (and I wouldn't be surprised if some people drew a link between it and martians either, efthimios)
I think discussing our views of that would be more than just slightly irrelevant.

Fruit Pie Jones 26-08-2005 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Aug 26 2005, 05:02 AM
P.S. This is slightly irrelevant, but have you ever been to Skara Brae? It's quite nice, if cold.
No, I've never been to that side of the Pond at all. I'd certainly like to someday, though.

PrejudiceSucks 26-08-2005 05:18 PM

Ah. Well the people in Orkney are nutters (my extended family all live there) but it's very, very tranquil and not polluted at all.

Anyway, this is missing the point.

Chuck the plant 26-08-2005 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Aug 26 2005, 11:02 AM
Stop pissing around with FF6/3... nobody else wants this here, make your own topic about it.
And you really wonder why no one in your class likes you? :blink:

moogle 26-08-2005 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chuck the plant+Aug 26 2005, 08:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chuck the plant @ Aug 26 2005, 08:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrejudiceSucks@Aug 26 2005, 11:02 AM
And you really wonder why no one in your class likes you? :blink: [/b][/quote]
Ya, and don't be a hypocrit,
*points at above post*
I understand that it was off topic, and that was as far as I was gonna take it. But at least it wasn't out of the blue like your post.

The current time is 05:47 PM (GMT)