Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Batman Forever (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=6762)

Sebatianos 15-08-2005 09:10 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Blood-Pigggy 15-08-2005 09:11 PM

It's an eh game, but it's still a game.

Whoo!

Scarface 15-08-2005 09:18 PM

A batman game at last... it might not be the best game, but it's batman and that's enough for me :ok:

werticalloop 15-08-2005 10:01 PM

Eh.... excuse me to bother but Bataman Forever has multiplayer methods. :whistle:

blastradius14 15-08-2005 10:20 PM

It's just like the SNES and Sega Genesis versions. The Graphics look the same, too. I remember when my SNES controller had a sticky d-pad and I couldn't make him float LOL

I hope my gamepad doesn't do that...

Blood-Pigggy 15-08-2005 10:42 PM

My Genesis control had, and still to this day, has a sticky C key.
I could never play Mortal Kombat until I bought another Genesis controller at Gamespot.
Mortal Kombat isn't the same without Rapid Punch.

Anyone else noticed that the sound doesn't work in this game? Or is it just going on with me?

blastradius14 16-08-2005 02:57 AM

I think it was removed. Gonna check for a setup file.

Poddy 16-08-2005 03:52 AM

I remmber this game from when i was little kid. I still have it on Sega and was playin it only about a week ago. A pretty good game but i could never get very far.

Bloodbound 16-08-2005 06:05 AM

whats with the blade runner soundtrack in this game ?????

Guest_Stijepethegreat 17-08-2005 03:04 AM

I remember this game, my neighbor gave it to me for christmas....
It was pretty fun until I got wing commander 2. It has a multi player like mortal kombat games with characters from the movie. In other words its a pretty dull game with the some odd controls, or at least on my computer.

Guest 21-08-2005 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest_Stijepethegreat@Aug 17 2005, 03:04 AM
I remember this game, my neighbor gave it to me for christmas....
It was pretty fun until I got wing commander 2. It has a multi player like mortal kombat games with characters from the movie. In other words its a pretty dull game with the some odd controls, or at least on my computer.

funny you should mention controls, 'cuz i do not have a clue as to what they are. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!! :cry:

Guest_Stijepethegreat 22-08-2005 03:30 AM

You are very lucky that I happen to have the original manual right now...

Its going to take a lot of typing to fet all these controls down so bear with me.

Player 1 keyboard moving controls

Walk left - Left arrow
Walk right - Right arrow
Jumping - up arrow
Crouch - down arrow
Somersault/flip - up arrow + left or right arrow
Roll - towards towards + Home
Cape glide - Up when jumping or falling
Drop down through platforms - Delete + Down

Player 2 keyboard controls

Walk left - A key
Walk right - D key
Jumping - W key
Crouch - X key
Somersault/flip - W key + A or D key
Roll - Towards towards + Q key
Cape glide- up when jumping or falling
Drop down through platforms - Left Ctrl + down

Player 1 keyboard fighting controls

Block - 5 keypad
low punch - End
High punch - Home
low kick - page down
High kick - Page up
Back attacks - Away + attack
Sweep - Down arrow + Page Down
Uppercut - Down arrow + Home
Roundhouse - Towards + page up
Fire Grappling hook - Insert (45 degrees) Insert + up for straight up
Grab enemy - towards towards + Page down
Two head smash (when surrounded) - Towards towards + End
Throw enemy - toward towards + end

to swap gadgets use the 2,4,6,and 8 keys for player 1 and the a,d,x, and w keys for player 2

press end to select and optional gadget as player 1 and for player 2 press the Z

If you need the joystick controls or player 2 fighting controls just ask

sid 25-08-2005 07:19 PM

Hey guys this batman forever is cool :D

Help 28-08-2005 12:54 AM

:help:

I can't get this game to work. When I try to play the game I see a bunch of stars and then the whole thing just goes away.

do I have to play it on xp, but then I wont get any sound

ps. my sound blaster doesnt work for some reason either

gigadeth 19-09-2005 11:56 PM

:tai: please help me.. I have XP, but the game doesn´t work...
what I have to do..??
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT?????????

Kearnsy 20-09-2005 06:42 AM

Try Dosbox. Theres a link on the site somewhere.
This is fun with 2 player co-op mode. Expessially when you get a guy in the middle and pound him senseless!!
Anyone else find that the special moves are kinda unresponsive?? Eg: the bombs and stuff.

_r.u.s.s. 20-09-2005 12:55 PM

i don§t like it very much 'couse moves of botman and robin are so... stupid
i had played better batban 'n robbin on my super nintendo
they were shrinked by some man in telly and fought against same tiny enemies, it has multiplayer too anyone played that?

SolidSnail 10-10-2005 03:10 AM

I can t get through the 2 screen i fight first 2 guys and can t get behind wall at the start of the game when i got the first riddle.... :Titan:

zezaekrael 10-11-2005 05:00 PM

So far I'm having little to no problem here except one minor little one. Despite the posting of the keyboard commands,I'm not finding any way to make the special weapons work. No idea how to use the bat-a-rang, sticky goo, etc. Does anyone know the particular command? Thanks.

Thaluikhain 13-01-2006 11:07 AM

Yeah, can't get them either. Oh, and can't get the grappling hook to fire up. It seems to be either UP or Fire Grapple Hook, not both. And how do you climb things?

Guest 29-01-2006 11:21 PM

Reminds me of good old times. And If I remember correctly, there was a cameo appearance of the spice girls?

Kearnsy 30-01-2006 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Jan 30 2006, 12:21 AM
Reminds me of good old times. And If I remember correctly, there was a cameo appearance of the spice girls?
LOL LOL
There is a character called Spice who looks exactly like one of them!
Didn't think of that! LOL LOL

SV650S 21-02-2006 09:41 PM

:angry: I don't usually post negative posts about games, but I feel like I have to for this one. My advice is to not bother with this game. I'm not a big fan of side-scrollers to begin with. The graphics were decent. but the controls were incredibly clumsy (especially if you're using a laptop). THEN I couldn't get it to shut down, I just kept hitting keys until finally after hitting ctrl-alt-del a few times it minimized and I closed it from windows. NOW it won't let me delete it from my computer!!! It says it's in use. Hopefully it will delete after I reboot, if not i'll be pissed.

Anyways, unless you're a HUGE Batman fan & side-scrolling game fan, forget about this one. There are way too many good games on this site to worry about this one.

:sniper:

Forgotmyname 28-03-2006 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SV650S@Feb 21 2006, 10:41 PM
THEN I couldn't get it to shut down, I just kept hitting keys until finally after hitting ctrl-alt-del a few times it minimized and I closed it from windows.* NOW it won't let me delete it from my computer!!!* It says it's in use.* Hopefully it will delete after I reboot, if not i'll be pissed.

Looks like the key combination how to quit the game must also been in the manual.
Press <alt> + <Q> anytime to kill the caped crusader.

Whatsit2u 18-05-2006 06:51 PM

I've now encountered a few of the already mentioned obstacles and I haven't even seen a game screen yet. Firstly, when I open the exe in dosbox it either freezes or make dos-like trouble regarding drives etc. And secondly, if it actually runs the exe all I get to see is the "starscreen" mentioned in another post. And lastly, it wont be deleted from my machine due to it beung used by another application etc. Not worth the bother, I reckon. :wall:

Max Kool 08-10-2006 08:59 AM

I'm surprised this game has such a low score and people have posted such negative opinions of it. I loved this game and played it a lot when it came out. The big problem it does have is the controls, which you can't change and if you don't have the manual you have to figure out on your own. I remember when I first played it I couldn't even reach level 2 because at some point you were supposed to used your grappling hook thing to climb through a hole in the ceiling and I didn't even know there was a grappling hook :) and it only worked if you pressed the right key in conjunction with the up key so this was a doozie to figure out.

But all in all the game was a lot of fun and I used to play it all the time with a couple of mates. I especially liked the riddles which were pretty well thought out and if you could figure them out you'd find some secret areas.

Would I recommend this game today? Hmm, not sure, I for one wouldn't replay it now. But I think it was a great game in its day!

devilisme 16-04-2009 11:13 AM

Yay! :clap:
i finally solved the starscreen problem (DosBox).. :laugh:
to solve the problem, u just need to mount cd-rom..

mount d: D:\ -t cdrom

juz change D:\ with your cdrom drive or any filedirectory.. problem solved.. :noworry:
i always wanted to play this game n i finally could, yay! :clap:

Constantine_R 30-04-2011 08:43 AM

The manuals are from Batman Forever: The Arcade Game, not from Batman Forever.

MSDOS4Ever 30-12-2014 07:09 PM

Still better than Arkham Origins. :whistling:

slx 08-04-2015 03:49 AM

In the 'Batman - The Caped Crusader'
the <alt> + <Q> key combo doesn't work to kill the caped crusader!
I don't know how to exit from this game! Space + down brings up the menu (or something like that) but I can't exit from there either!

Is there one forum for two games, 'Batman - The Caped Crusader' and the 'Batman Forever'?

marko river 12-04-2015 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slx (Post 462693)
In the 'Batman - The Caped Crusader'
the <alt> + <Q> key combo doesn't work to kill the caped crusader!
I don't know how to exit from this game! Space + down brings up the menu (or something like that) but I can't exit from there either!

Is there one forum for two games, 'Batman - The Caped Crusader' and the 'Batman Forever'?

Each game on abandonia has one topic for discussion in this part of forum called "Games Discussion". Here's link for Caped Crusader.

Putishka 01-11-2016 10:16 AM

I have a little problem with this game

I start it using DosBox (like every other game from abandonia), it's is starting normally via DosBox, and then I got this screen as first one and it all freezes...

http://i65.tinypic.com/e5mgbt.jpg

Don't know what to do, I can't play it...

Help PLZ... :lame:

zirkoni 01-11-2016 03:24 PM

You need to mount a CD-drive.

As long as you see something like "MSCDEX ..." in DOSBox the game shoud work. You can even mount a directory as a CD:
mount d x:\path -t cdrom

Putishka 04-11-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zirkoni (Post 466449)
You need to mount a CD-drive.

As long as you see something like "MSCDEX ..." in DOSBox the game shoud work. You can even mount a directory as a CD:
mount d x:\path -t cdrom

I donne all that... But still, no matter gonna make it work :) thank you anyways... :max:

zirkoni 04-11-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Putishka (Post 466467)
I donne all that... But still, no matter gonna make it work :) thank you anyways... :max:

DOSBox version?
OS?
Your mount commands?
Any changes you've made in DOSBox config?

Jessica F 15-04-2018 01:24 PM

Tandy Sound!!!

On youtube there are videos of this game running with tandy sound (3 channel). Can annyone descrive the steps to get enhanced tandy sound working.
I have decompiled the game using IDA v5 and it does indeed have routines for tandy sound effects and music (also enhanced tandy graphics palette).
There is a lot of text in the uncompiled data, jokes by the programmers and phrases like 'English sheep-shaggers from Hampshire' in the exe etc. Quite interesting.

The current time is 04:25 PM (GMT)