Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Kings Quest - Quest for the Crown VGA (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=544)

Tom Henrik 03-08-2004 03:51 PM

Kings Quest - Quest for the Crown VGA

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Stroggy 03-08-2004 04:01 PM

alright, after you told me about another great Point-and-click adventuregame coming up I was thrilled.
But now I can only say this:
Not only have I played the original King's Quest game and the remake of it (there was a remake by sierra before the one you uploaded now) but I helped betatest this game by Tierra (now AGD interactive)
well this seriously burst my bubble.

Well what can I say... is the Digital Speech Pack included? because there was a seperate download for a Digital Speech pack (which, obviously, adds voices to the game) oh and also a Digital Music Pack.

youc an download it here:
http://www.agdinteractive.com/countdl.php?...download&game=3 the music pack
http://www.agdinteractive.com/countdl.php?...download&game=2 the speech pack

there is also a King Quest II remake available on their site and they are busy working on a Quest for Glory remake (I initially tought youw ere going to upload the quest for glory games... ah well)
they were making a Space Quest remake but they cancelled that

EDIT: and isn't abandonia 2 years old today?

Tom Henrik 03-08-2004 04:08 PM

I am adding the speech pack at this moment 8)

(Thanks for your faith).

I don't know about the Quest for Glory games. I don't think they are abandoned.

And yes, I have other remakes ready, but I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Stroggy 03-08-2004 04:48 PM

Quote:

I am adding the speech pack at this moment *8) *

(Thanks for your faith).

I don't know about the Quest for Glory games. I don't think they are abandoned.

And yes, I have other remakes ready, but I don't want to spoil the surprise.

oh well in that case... I ruined the surprise
GOOD!

Seraphim13 04-08-2004 02:37 AM

EXCELLENT upload! More that makeup for the last few days. If only the upload occured a couple of days earlier :evil:
Now I have to replay KQ1 and KQ2 again, my wife gonna kill me :cry:

PS : The news section says 5 VGA remakes...which are the other 3 remakes?

Tom Henrik 04-08-2004 05:02 AM

King's Quest 1 - Quest for the Throne
King's Quest 2 - Romancing the Stones
Leisure Suit Larry 1 - In the Land of the Lounge Lizards
Police Quest 1 - In Pursuit of the Death Angel
Space Quest 1 - The Sarien Encounter

8) 8)

xndr2181 05-08-2004 10:42 PM

Good Remake.

I have to say, I played the original version, as well as the first vga, I have to say, what a great remake. Although it was short, I really enjoyed it as ahole. I really appreciate what GDA is doing. I also just finished the remake of KQ 2, it rocked!! I played the old version, and my oh my how they've updated it. I think these games are awesome, and can't wait for them to finish Quest for Glory 2. :D
-Sean

wendymaree 22-08-2004 11:25 AM

I started playing the original Kings Quest 1 only a month ago and was put off by the primitive graphics. Of course the game was made a long while ago and was considered ahead of its time then, but still... So when I played this VGA remake, I was really excited. Suddenly the castle and the wishing well and the countryside looked real, and I had no trouble immersing in the reality of the game. An interesting thing that not many might realise is that the Anon Game Designers managed to lure the original voice actor back to reprise the role of Sir Graham.

xndr2181 22-08-2004 04:57 PM

Wow! Really Wendy? That's crazy, I never new that. Go them! I hope they end up making more king's quest remakes cause I think 3 and 4 still had primitive graphics as well!
-Sean

jpnuar1 07-10-2004 11:04 PM

Quote:

there is also a King Quest II remake available on their site and they are busy working on a Quest for Glory remake (I initially tought youw ere going to upload the quest for glory games... ah well)
they were making a Space Quest remake but they cancelled that

Huh? I could've sworn that the Quest for Glory Remake was done by Sierra...... Or are they workign on a trial by fire remake? That would be so kickass!

auhsor 08-10-2004 10:17 AM

Yes there was a remake of QFG1 by Sierra. AGDI are indeed remaking QFGII: Trial By Fire. It should be coming out fairly soon I hope. It has been in development for ages

Guest 11-11-2004 06:16 AM

Where is the DOS ver?

BUFFY 15-11-2004 12:02 AM

They are Dos Games but if you dont want to run it on XP, download DosBox from Utilities, Programs (left side of the screen on the main page etc).

Make sure you put your game some where easily, with short folder names...
eg. c:\dosgames\KQ1\

Then run dos box, type:

1) mount c c:\dosgames\KQ1\
2) c:
3) type executable here

I installed the speak pack to the same directory and got the error shown below when I knocked on the lolly house door. Is this because it can only be run in dosbox? :huh:

http://www.geocities.com/on_looker_77/KQ1_error.JPG

auhsor 15-11-2004 03:51 AM

I don't think that it needs to be run in dosbox. AGS games run in windows properly. Um maybe I'm wrong, cos that version looks like the dos version of AGS.

That error is showing something wrong with the speech pack. Maybe you didn't install it properly or something. I think it worked for me, and many other people.

If you can't work it out, you could try making a post on the AGDI forums.

edit:
I think maybe this is your problem... The version of KQVGA on this site seems to be 2.0. On the AGDI site, they have version 3.0. If you are using the speech pack corrosponding to the wrong version then it might not work. I suggest getting the game and the speech pack from http://www.agdinteractive.com/KQ1.php

Razz 12-02-2005 02:25 PM

No matter how hard i try or where i position myself, i cant seem to catch that damn condor...any tips??

Jim6 13-03-2005 08:21 PM

There's a newer version than the one that's here (2.0)

Version 3.0 is here: http://www.agdinteractive.com/KQ1.php

Haradrim 20-03-2005 06:26 AM

ahhh I cant catch the bird, how do you do it? I cant jump, i click on him with hand icon andit says you not tall or fast enought to catch bird help please

Haradrim 20-03-2005 06:03 PM

No one knows? :(--- no big bird ever flies by, just little ones and i cant even catch those. Please I really want to beat ths game

Haradrim 24-03-2005 12:30 AM

If you loved this game or love games like this you will definatly like this ons, unfourtunatly it is not downloadealbe and you must play it online, but you can save :) Hvae fun, I sure did
Peasant's Quest

If you get stuck which you probably will, click here Walkthrough

carpe_diem80 27-04-2005 08:33 AM

Wow, I downloaded this game tonight and I must say that the graphics are awfully great! :w00t: I've got every part of the King's Quest collection so I was curious about what this remake would look like, it's really worlds away from the "antique" original, great!

Civ-Junkie 18-06-2005 10:48 AM

hey guys

has anybody guessed the knomes name right here ? , i know if you get it wrong he gives you the key anyway . but i just want to climb the beanstalk to get the full points for the game

cheers
:cheers:

woutielion 24-07-2005 12:53 PM

I beleive the gnome's name is...

Ifnkovhgroghprm

Thats should do it. Maybe I misspelled it, try iy anyway.

Amayirot Akago 25-07-2005 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by woutielion@Jul 24 2005, 02:53 PM
I beleive the gnome's name is...

Ifnkovhgroghprm

Thats should do it. Maybe I misspelled it, try iy anyway.

You can also just reverse the gnome's name (Rumplestiltskin becomes Nikstlitselpmur).

blastradius14 16-08-2005 03:12 AM

This game is awesome with the AGS or whatever. Everyone can now see the fun of getting eaten by moat serpents :D

Steve P 23-08-2005 05:32 AM

I cant the game to come up. when I double click on the KQVGA.exe to start it, it appears to be starting but then i just get a black screen and it never loads. I hear the music and thats it. Any ideas?

Kings Quest Woo 30-10-2005 10:49 PM

:help: I've been on a lot of sites like this trying to download any King's Quest games and I see a lot of the screen shots, the only thing I don't ever see is where you're supposed to download the game. On this particular site, I clicked on King's Quest I, the VGA version and the other one as well, and no where did I see anyplace to download. Could someone please help me?

Frodo 30-10-2005 11:18 PM

Hi Kings Quest Woo

The remake of Kings Quest is made by AGD Interactive.

Here's a link to their download page.
http://www.agdinteractive.com/KQ1.php

They have 3 files to download:
1. The game itself
2. The speech pack (optional)
3. The music pack (optional)

Hope you enjoy the game.

:ok:

A. J. Raffles 31-10-2005 05:31 AM

What's so complicated about that?:huh: You just follow the link to Abandonia Reloaded (the VGA remake is freeware, you see) and then you click on the "download" button in the bottom right corner. That should take you to AGD's download page.

Kings Quest Woo 02-11-2005 09:31 PM

:ok: I did figure it out on this site. You click on the version you want and there's a little box that says ARRRRR or whatever and that starts the download process. I have been on the other sites and there wasn't a place to download or at least nothing immediately visible, even on this site I had to really search on it and the button I described up above really didn't say download untill i clicked on it which led me to another page which then said download.

:whistle: On another topic, does anyone know when or if King's Quest III, IV etc...will ever be available in VGA to download?????

A. J. Raffles 02-11-2005 09:51 PM

When or if there are fanmade remakes, I suppose.:) Sierra never made them, unfortunately.

Kon-Tiki 02-11-2005 09:57 PM

Actually, KQ 5, 6 and 7 were VGA already. Just not remakes :whistle:

Thornwood 19-11-2005 12:21 PM

I'm having trouble opening the game. It let me install the sound and music, but I can't seem to open the game itself. I know that DOSbox isn't required to run KQ1VGA, but what is, then?

I can't wait to play this game if it's anything like V and VI. VII was pretty good too, if a little more aimed at kids. But I just want to try the older ones now.

Frodo 19-11-2005 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Thornwood@Nov 19 2005, 01:21 PM
I'm having trouble opening the game. It let me install the sound and music, but I can't seem to open the game itself. I know that DOSbox isn't required to run KQ1VGA, but what is, then?

You just need Windows to play this game.

Thornwood 27-11-2005 08:48 PM

Well, this is Windows XP. Guess it's just crappy, or else I can't read some uber-important command in Finnish. Eh, I'll wait until I'm back home to play it.

JimmyJ 28-11-2005 02:20 AM

Its not XP thats the problem, and it is not crappy.. Maybe it is some other aspect of your computer.

Thornwood 28-11-2005 11:15 AM

True, that. *is too quick to blame computer for own shortsightedness*
I'm not sure it has all the programs required to run the game. I've tried checking to see if it has DirectX, but I'm not sure where to look.

TwilightEyes 10-02-2006 11:50 PM

Am I being stupid or what ??? I can't find a download button for this game ???

Frodo 11-02-2006 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TwilightEyes@Feb 11 2006, 12:50 AM
Am I being stupid or what ??? I can't find a download button for this game ???
You can download it from here - http://www.agdinteractive.com/KQ1.php

:ok:

Charley W 06-06-2006 09:14 AM

I've got the game and it seems to work ok, but the VGA manual that I downloaded got erased and now I can't find it again. Anyone know where it can be found?

Guest 16-02-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haradrim
ahhh I cant catch the bird, how do you do it? I cant jump, i click on him with hand icon andit says you not tall or fast enought to catch bird help please

Keep trying to grab the bird's legs.

Guest_chris_* 04-08-2007 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest
Quote:

Originally Posted by Haradrim

Keep trying to grab the bird's legs.

i cant catch the large bird either, i tried for 20 minutes. it keep saying i need to get closer. ive tried all over the screen. anyone catch it recently?

BranjoHello 31-05-2009 10:47 PM

I never played original King's Quest but I can say I like this remake very much. It's somehow different than other adventures, you can die in like a 100 ways, it's pretty cool. :D

Btw. I noticed that there is NEW! enchanced version available for download at the developers site, that version has better graphics than the version available here and music+speech included in installation. So, maybe it would be a good idea to place a link to developers site on download button. It would benefit the site for free space for new games and it would benefit gamers as they will always download the newest version. :idea:

CheddarLimbo 04-10-2009 01:41 AM

Ooooohmygodohmygodohmygod!

This giant bird is making me crazy! It swoops down three times, and I can never catch it, then I have to leave and come back...I've tried 2 dozen times. Am I retarded or something?

I click the bird and I jump, but no matter how well I line it up, I always miss him... :wall:

Capo 29-05-2010 06:13 PM

Finshed it today: Very nice old school adventure, the guys at ADG have made a wonderfull job :)

The current time is 09:13 PM (GMT)