Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Background Music For Fight Scene (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5195)

The_Toad 25-05-2005 06:52 PM

I need to figure out what song to put with a story im working on. Im at a point with a very brutal sword fight with 2 very skilled men and a bunch of hired thugs. Its a classic "Hero against all odds" type scene. One skilled man is there to avenge the death of his slain 4 yr old daughter. The other skilled man and thugs are there to stop him. The hero fights with the anger you see in animals. Rage and pain dont begin to describe it. I need a song that conveys that feeling. The songs on the poll are just what came to mind. Im open to any other suggestions. Keep in mind that it doesnt have to be a hardcore song, i can work dialogue with some of the softer parts to a song i.e. LP - Numb.

:ok:

troop18546 25-05-2005 07:06 PM

Well, I havent heard Chainsaw, but Numb doesnt fit here and Slipknot is the most brutal and violent trash there is. No.3

Sebatianos 25-05-2005 07:13 PM

Just watch A Clockwork Orange and you'll see the best background sound for a fight has got a be a classical waltz.

troop18546 25-05-2005 07:17 PM

Thats just plain stupid. :whistle:

The_Toad 25-05-2005 07:19 PM

I actually have that worked in for another fight thats more 1 v 1, but i need this one to convey the torment of the hero and the sheer brutality of slaughtering people out of anger and sadness.
:ok:

BeefontheBone 25-05-2005 07:20 PM

not if you've seen the film. what about steeler's wheel's "stuck in the middle" in Reservoir Dogs? classic cinema moments because of that jarring juxtaposition.

numb would be a terrible choice for a fight scene - i reckon slipknot, although they are deeply deeply terrible.

troop18546 25-05-2005 07:22 PM

Well, try to do the next one with sound from the whole fight. Thats usually the best.

The_Toad 25-05-2005 07:22 PM

with the waltz, think of a rapier/fencing battle thats based on pure skill and timing, muuch like a dance. it fit quite nicely.

Sebatianos 25-05-2005 07:24 PM

Well if you really want to have a violent background sound for a fight scene you might try I Wish by Tomas D..

Stroggy 25-05-2005 07:32 PM

Sounds rather cliché, but you didn't come here for my opinion.
Personally I agree with Sebatianos... that had to be one of the most brilliant scenes I've ever seen in a movie.

You could also try some more fast-paced Wagnerian tunes, they never fail to be primal and megalomanic.

The_Toad 25-05-2005 07:45 PM

Let me give a little background on the story so you understand the emotion that needs to come thru with this fight. Tamoru (Hero) had left on a short trip to the next town over, 2 days tops. He left Kimmoru (daughter) with his close friends. When he returns to town, he finds that most of the place is over run by a warlord who is aquiring as much land as he can get. When he runs to his friend's house, he finds that everyone in the house was dismembered. He searchs thru all the bodies and cant find his daughter. He rages out of the house and starts beating thugs for information. Making his way down the street he sees a large group of children being herded down the road. When the man screams for his daughter, she returns the scream and tries to run to her father. As she sprints, she is grabbed by Hiroshi (Evil Skilled Man). Hiroshi laughs while looking Tamoru in the eye while slowly slidding a long curved blade across her neck in a sawing motion. As Tamoru gets close, Hiroshi tosses the severed head to him. Her body falls to the ground as Tamoru falls to his knees weeping and roaring. The fight scene begins as Tamoru grabs a sword from a close thug. This isnt the actual story, but its a good general overview of the first 4 chapters.

Sebatianos 25-05-2005 08:34 PM

So you need a charging sound - I'd agree with Stroggy. Use Wagner - Waltkürenritt (or if it's easier for you to understad - the one Elmer Fudd was singing... Kill the Wabbit). But you could really go for Peter Paracelsus or Tomas D. (I mentioned his song before). That's Satanistic techno (would work really fine). Also you might wanna try some The Prodigy (Smack my Bitch Up, Firestarter), but I'd go along with some classical score (Wagner would do excelently - maybe even some arias from Tosca - by Puccini).

The_Toad 25-05-2005 08:48 PM

all very good suggestions, thanks guy, im going to start some pairing now, when im finished with the story completely ill post a link up for all to read/watch.

TaloN 25-05-2005 09:16 PM

anything by testament or kreator or iced earth over ANY of those

omg 26-05-2005 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by troop18546@May 25 2005, 07:06 PM
Slipknot is the most brutal and violent trash there is.
hahahahahaha. you ever actually heard any norwiegen death metal?
or uk thrash?
or german dhc?
americans cant do violent and nasty thrash man, they just comedic
gimme death, cradle, napalm, any day o the week
slipknot!! gwar for the new mellenium, thats all they are.

BeefontheBone 26-05-2005 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by omg@May 26 2005, 02:47 AM
nope, my ears sealed themselves up in a fit of self-preservation :D

irrelevantjet 26-05-2005 04:22 AM

fighting to Linkin Park?!?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

how pathetically angsty can you get?

both guys fighting would break down into tears and hug each other and complain why they can't land women instead of fighting

Marilyn Manson: "The Fight Song"
Quarashi: "Stick em Up"
Metallica: "St Anger"

TheGiantMidgit 26-05-2005 09:49 AM

I agree with the classical sentiment. It adds a bit of satire, class and such to the scene. Gives it a bit of a twisted psychological edge too, over plain, clitche hard rock with violence. Bit boring, don't you think? Think with innovation. Like the dinner scene in Titus, that was brilliant. And it has been mentioned, but Resevoir Dogs. Amazing.

I'd love to see a scene of brutality and depraved behaviour set to some Godspeed! You Black Emperor or some ATDI, perhaps even Broken Social Scene.

_r.u.s.s. 26-05-2005 12:34 PM

i think...
best song would be something like "wake up hate" from koRn (untouchables)
or that song from matrix, where Neo and Trinity fought for saving morpheus (in matrix 1)
hm..but that song was used too much in "fight scenes"
yes, that wake up hate would fix

troop18546 26-05-2005 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by omg+May 26 2005, 03:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (omg @ May 26 2005, 03:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-troop18546@May 25 2005, 07:06 PM
Slipknot is the most brutal and violent trash there is.
or uk thrash?
or german dhc?
gimme death, cradle, napalm, any day o the week
slipknot!! gwar for the new mellenium, thats all they are. [/b][/quote]
What I meant to say was:
Its ONLY trash. :D

Indeed it is... :sick:

Omuletzu 26-05-2005 03:22 PM

Metallica: Some kind of monster
or
Rammstein: Sehnsucht

cheesegrater 26-05-2005 04:09 PM

Linking Park, Slipknot, and Limpbizkit? If I listened to any of those I would have to clean my ears with steel wool.

I suggest you stop letting MTV decide what your next favorite band will be.

For your fight scene I reccomend

"Strapping Young Lad - Oh My F***ing God"

BeefontheBone 26-05-2005 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by _r.u.s.s.@May 26 2005, 01:34 PM
or that song from matrix, where Neo and Trinity fought for saving morpheus (in matrix 1)
wasn't that Marilyn Manson's "Rock Is Dead"?

wait, that's at the end - was it the Propellerheads?

UnHoly 26-05-2005 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by omg@May 26 2005, 03:47 AM

They can't do good thrash??? So what's about Slayer then?? They not americans???

troop18546 26-05-2005 08:52 PM

I hate so called "garage bands". What utter crap... :whistle:

omg 27-05-2005 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by UnHoly+May 26 2005, 07:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UnHoly @ May 26 2005, 07:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OMG@May 26 2005, 03:47 AM

They can't do good thrash??? So what's about Slayer then?? They not americans??? [/b][/quote]
they british man. 1 american member i think.
sorry man but when it comes to dark and nasty music you need europe.
most american metal bands nicked all there ideas from grishnak an his crews, they just toned down the lyric (in metallicas case they yodelled instead of screaming)

an troop define garage would you old chap.
it can mean many things in music, i was unaware it was back into the rock world that term. thought it went in the early 90s when you got us garage coming in, ie: another form of house

The current time is 05:41 PM (GMT)