Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   For The Adventure Gamers Out There (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=4220)

Galadrin 03-04-2005 10:31 PM

http://www.theinventory.org/ I have never seen a reference to this site on Abandonia before, and I find it to be quite useful for new information on adventure games (it's how I found out about Wanted) and industry gossip. All the magazines are in PDF format and fairly well done.

I know that it's a lot like justadventure.com, but they seem to do a little fancier job. It makes me feel special, like someone out there still cares about my gaming choices. :angel:

DeathDude 03-04-2005 11:13 PM

Hmm, cool maybe I'll check this out.

Fawfulhasfury 03-04-2005 11:21 PM

Been reading this for about a year now. Good magazine. It's how I found out about A Vampire Story. :)

xcom freak 03-04-2005 11:22 PM

Isn't this thread breaching some abandonia rules?

Havell 03-04-2005 11:30 PM

It's debateable, I would say no as he is not advertisng his own site and the site is relevant.

Galadrin 03-04-2005 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xcom freak@Apr 3 2005, 11:22 PM
Isn't this thread breaching some abandonia rules?
If it is let me know, but the rules that I was able to find on posting to this forum gave no indication that this link would in any way break a rule.

Evad 04-04-2005 01:59 AM

cool link...I know it's not totally on subject...the dart game in the sherlock holmes adventure game is friggin' cheap, i've spent the last three hours playing this game and I'm pulling my hair out...ARGH!! :cry:

Stroggy 05-04-2005 06:32 PM

I like the adventuregame jukebox, nice to finally hear some tunes from discworld Noir again (which won't play anymore on my computer)

auhsor 07-04-2005 04:27 AM

Yeah the Inventory is cool. I used to read the earlier issues, and I have read the latest issue. I really like the latest issue as it focussed on amateur adventure games. I've been following the game "Rise of the Hidden Sun" for a while now, and it was good for it to be a big feature of htis issue.

Stroggy 07-04-2005 05:30 AM

Well i've read the issues, the content is interesting (sometimes a bit too focused on amateur games but thats alright) the editor could do a better job since often the text is a bit scrambled in an unorderly way or the sentances are poorly built.

for example:
"They have announced that they will not won't go through with their plan"

Galadrin 07-04-2005 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stroggy@Apr 7 2005, 05:30 AM
Well i've read the issues, the content is interesting (sometimes a bit too focused on amateur games but thats alright) the editor could do a better job since often the text is a bit scrambled in an unorderly way or the sentances are poorly built.
Well, I will agree with you that they do focus on the "amateur" games but imho that's where some of the most exciting things with adventure games are happening. There is really not a whole lot going on with adventure games in the commercial market at the moment, and there could be significantly less with Microids being bought up by Ubi soft. And the text... some of the sentences are a little wonky, but you can't expect too much from a free magazine with little to no advertising.

Stroggy 07-04-2005 04:30 PM

The amateur games are fun and you gotta fill up the magazine with something... but the adventure-genre has seen darker days in the recent past. i believe we're seeing a slow revival of adventuregames. Vampyr, Niburu (from the creators of Black Mirror, hopefully they've learned from their mistakes... if they have Niburu will be a good game), Myst V, The Moment of Silence and Still Life (offspring/sequel to Post Mortem, a rather underrated game IMO)

Galadrin 07-04-2005 07:35 PM

:ok: Fair enough, and don't forget about Wanted aka The Westerner, that's a great game too... (We don't have Moment of Silence here in Canada yet, unless that has changed in the last few days :Brain: ). Also though, these guys are probably not sent the free copies of games that the major magazines are, they've probably got to pay for them, so it's really only the more amateur companies who would use them as a way to get out the word about their products. IMHO companies like Bad Brain Entertainment (Vampyre) and Himalaya Studio's (commercial end of AGDInteractive) need the quiet noise of magazines like this to spread the word about what they're doing. I know that I would have heard of Vampyre much later, or not at all, unless I had read about it here. With any luck Herculean Efforts (The Apprentice) next game will be a commercial one as well.

Stroggy 10-04-2005 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Galadrin@Apr 7 2005, 07:35 PM
companies like Bad Brain Entertainment (Vampyre)
Just a small notice about this:

Bad Brain and Autumn Moon Entertainment have parted ways Adventure Gamers news

N17R0 10-04-2005 05:11 PM

I'll check it out sometime, looks pretty nice.
Only problem is Adobe Acrobat Pro and Firefox never seem to get along and result in goth crashing. :(

Stroggy 10-04-2005 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by N17R0@Apr 10 2005, 05:11 PM

Only problem is Adobe Acrobat Pro and Firefox never seem to get along and result in goth crashing. :(

works fine for me

Havell 10-04-2005 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by N17R0@Apr 10 2005, 06:11 PM
Happens to me too, the document presents itself fine but if I try to go back or anything then the whole thing crashes.

FrodoSam999 25-08-2010 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havell (Post 89073)
Happens to me too, the document presents itself fine but if I try to go back or anything then the whole thing crashes.

Try reading PDF files using the free Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/

_r.u.s.s. 25-08-2010 10:36 AM

..why

Lulu_Jane 25-08-2010 11:17 AM

Considering that it has been 5 YEARS since the problem occured, I'm sure Havell has found a solution by now.

The current time is 03:32 AM (GMT)