Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Weekly Poll: Your Favourite First Person RPG? Finished (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=28330)

DarthHelmet86 29-01-2012 08:10 AM

Weekly Poll: Your Favourite First Person RPG? Finished

So this weeks poll is about classic RPGs that use the first person perspective. Which one of these fine games is your favourite, if yours isn't on the list (but is still first person perspective) then tell us in a post. In fact just tell us about your pick in a post anyway let us know why you like it.

Also these are only games on our site, if your favourite isn't on site you can still tell us in a post what it is.

Mighty Midget 29-01-2012 08:27 AM

Ultima Underworld. One incredible game. Buggerfall 2nd. UW has an excellent atmosphere and gameplay, it's one game I played through over and over again simply because it's that sweet.

DarthHelmet86 29-01-2012 08:28 AM

Mine has to be Dungeon Master 2. I just love that game, even with the grind fest that it tends to be.

Abandoned Witch 29-01-2012 10:23 AM

My favorite would be the Wizardry series. A series that revolutionized the RPG genre with dungeon crawling controls, many character classes, and a revolutionary battle system. A great series indeed.

e_hal 29-01-2012 10:24 AM

I really enjoyed the Eye of the Beholder series. Ultima underworld second.

However why wasn't the Betrayal at Krondor in the list? I think that would be a sure winner! Wonderful graphics (for the time), open world, good riddles and a fantastic story!

DarthHelmet86 29-01-2012 10:28 AM

There is only the option to have 10 picks in the poll. I picked the best games I could think of, since Betrayal never worked well for me and is mostly unkown to me I didn't put it in. However as was noted in the post if you wanted to vote for the game you are free to do so in your post. Get enough people to vote for it in posts and it could beat the games I picked.

Scatty 29-01-2012 11:56 AM

Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 without question, from the available options to pick. Excellent quality duo of games, had lots of fun with, and time spent on these. However if there was possibility to pick more than one I'd choose Lands of Lore also, because of it's great mood. Of course, it's all just my personal opinion.
I also agree Betrayal at Krondor would be an excellent choice to pick here, played it quite a few times and it's story, and music (if CD music on CD version) are great and really well done.

Tracker 29-01-2012 12:24 PM

Since I reviewed Wizardry 1-2-3 I must choose them despite their graphics. Otherwise I'd have say Ultima 6 or Eye of the Beholder because of the graphics. But Wizardry's quick gameplay system which somehow makes me think of Final Fantasy really got me.

BentleyVA 29-01-2012 01:47 PM

I voted for the Eye of the Beholder Series (Minus EOB3), although the Wizardry series, Might and Magic series, Bard's Tale series, and the Strahd and Menzoberanzan series come in closely behind.

yoga 29-01-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BentleyVA (Post 439060)
I voted for the Eye of the Beholder Series (Minus EOB3), although the Wizardry series, Might and Magic series, Bard's Tale series, and the Strahd and Menzoberanzan series come in closely behind.

Alone in the Dark 1,2,3
:whistling:

Panthro 29-01-2012 04:06 PM

Definitely Ultima Underworld 1+2!

Technology way ahead of their time, good story, good combat, good music.

e_hal 29-01-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 (Post 439034)
There is only the option to have 10 picks in the poll. I picked the best games I could think of, since Betrayal never worked well for me and is mostly unkown to me I didn't put it in. However as was noted in the post if you wanted to vote for the game you are free to do so in your post. Get enough people to vote for it in posts and it could beat the games I picked.

You should really try to find some way to play it. I think you'll enjoy it! It's an incredible game. A personal favorite. The story is incredible. If you can't play it, then find the book and read it! :) The book follows closely on the game! Feist made a book out of the game! Imagine that!

Lulu_Jane 29-01-2012 06:05 PM

Really? That's kind of cool, I always thought the book came first.

Tomekk 29-01-2012 06:14 PM

Ultima Underworld, without a shred of doubt.

Despite it's primitive (by today's standards) graphics and sound, it still managed to be the most immersive RPG experience ever for me :)

Kenkelkenkel70 29-01-2012 06:59 PM

Daggerfall

Childhood memories, endlessness...

BranjoHello 29-01-2012 10:12 PM

No need to think about this even for a second, The Elder Scrolls of course.

Fleabass666 29-01-2012 11:27 PM

Ultime Underworld, but that was a close call between UU and Eye of the Beholder...

trenchman 30-01-2012 06:22 AM

This is a really difficult decision for me. Each one is great in its own way and it's hard for me to pick one as my favorite. But, I think I would go with Elder Scrolls. The sheer size and randomness of the game, and the many bugs that came with it, meant that you could run around the game for hours and find new things and place to see. I was gonna pick Pool of Radiance, but then I checked and that's not on the site.

hunvagy 30-01-2012 08:02 AM

Close call, but Ultima Underworld wins. Since it's first person view RPGs, it is the one to blame for my RPG addiction :p Daggerfall made second place. The others have their own charms, but these two are that left a lasting impression on me. Also, for lulz, you should have included the dreaded Descent to Undermountain :mischief:

Pex 30-01-2012 11:08 AM

Can't believe Dragon Wars is not on the list! :o

But out of those Eye of the Beholder series would be my favourites, although the third part was a bit disappointing.

Eagle of Fire 30-01-2012 06:27 PM

There is no "other" option so I'll simply mention Dungeon Hack.

Though I suddenly realize that I do not like this subgenre a whole lot.

Japo 30-01-2012 07:28 PM

A lot of people need to exercise their mouse skill, because there are lots of mis-votes for others than the Elder Scrolls...? D:

Now seriously, not that they're 1st person in the same sense, the genre most of the others belong to is really extinct (and so I don't believe EOF does not like it) :bleh1:

Eagle of Fire 30-01-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Now seriously, not that they're 1st person in the same sense, the genre most of the others belong to is really extinct (and so I don't believe EOF does not like it) :bleh1:
:lol:

Smiling Spectre 31-01-2012 03:36 AM

System Shock is not counting as RPG?

Scatty 31-01-2012 12:34 PM

I don't think the first System Shock has enough RPG features to be counted as one. System Shock II would apply, but it's not on the site. However also a pretty good (RPG)game, though IMHO not as good as the first, due to some heavily overdone monster spawns on later levels, that rob most of the fun.

Abandon SKB 01-02-2012 07:52 PM

Vote number one for Bard's Tale, surprised at the lack of love there.

The current time is 09:38 AM (GMT)