Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Playroom (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=2759)

Kon-Tiki 29-01-2005 07:08 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download

Sebatianos 29-01-2005 07:10 PM

Really nice :ok:

Omuletzu 29-01-2005 07:19 PM

:cheers:

Yamcha 29-01-2005 07:25 PM

5 updators already :D

Sabbit 29-01-2005 11:55 PM

Oh my god! I haven't seen this game in, like, 8 or 9 years! ^_^ I just love skipping down memory lane...

Baba 30-01-2005 01:37 PM

My sentiments exactly. I remember playing this as a kid. Of course, that was a bit longer than 8 or 9 years ago.

Greg the Bunny 31-01-2005 02:24 AM

Dude! This was my first game ever. I was like 2 when my parents got me this. I used to play it on my monochrome orange monitor. I still have the original copy protection, and 5 1/4" floppies (there were 2). I don't care if it seem simple, PLAY THIS GAME!!!

Shambler 31-01-2005 08:00 PM

I used to play this one a lot, too. I remember I had this one and Treehouse, by the same company. Good times.

Arete 01-02-2005 11:40 AM

OMG, I remember this. Just the icon was enough to remember it by... wow. God, I'm old.

JudgeDeadd 01-02-2005 01:44 PM

I'm surprised to see that everyone around played it :)

Asmira 01-02-2005 10:18 PM

I haven't tried to install it yet... but yay. I've been collecting all my childhood games again, and I never thought I'd see this one again, because I forgot the name of it. Thank you Abandonia! Yay!

zombie 25-02-2005 08:36 PM

when i saw the game i first look at the date: 1989.
I began douting it was good. but downloaded it anyway. and. it was good!
not like :D :D :w00t: :w00t: :ok: :ok: OMFG!!!
but like::) good.

begita 06-05-2005 09:10 PM

:cry: Help I'm trying to find the other gaesm that went with the Playroom, I've been able to find The Treehouse, but my favorite on e"The Backyard" I can't find anywhere! is there anyone who knows where I can download a copy of it?

blairwaldorf 15-05-2005 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shambler@Jan 31 2005, 09:00 PM
I used to play this one a lot, too. I remember I had this one and Treehouse, by the same company. Good times.
Where did you find Treehouse? I can't find it anywhere.

TwigFigure 30-10-2005 10:24 AM

Jeezus.. I remember this game from when I was about three years old! I used to play this all the time..Then my little brother was born and they couldn't supervise me on the computer anymore, dammit.

Actually, while we are here, does anyone remember a game where you'd type something and the computer would say it? I'm sure it had a green dinosaur as a mascot..

Jordan 09-12-2005 05:12 PM

LOL!!! I used to love to play this. I didn't have a clue what it was by the name first and I was viewing 'little people farm' or whatever its called, and then I clicked on PlayRoom from that for fun and saw the image, and it all came back to me.

Actually, I'm almost crying. Brings back too many memories. :(

I just have to download this for the kids.. :w00t:

Dave 12-02-2006 01:27 AM

NO WAY!!! i remeber playing this game at the public library when i was like 5!!!! :D

Gelfo 12-02-2006 03:43 PM

Wow me too, I had this ga... I mean.. I know someone who had this game

Haha legendary

Guest 15-12-2006 12:56 AM

omfg, my sentence exatly too.. havent seen this game in 8 og 9 years - my first game ever.. so nostalgic

Guest 23-09-2007 06:38 AM

OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME SO BAD!!! WHEN I SAW IT FOR DOWNLOAD I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD LOL

BUT I NEED HELP DOWNLOADING IT. WHAT DO I DO WITH THE WINZIP THING

Mighty Midget 23-09-2007 06:43 AM

First: Turn off your Caps Lock. It hurts our eyes.

Now, you will need either DOS or DOSBox. You can get DOSBox via a link on Abandonia's main page (programs). Then you need to set it up. There are guides here to help you with that. One you will find via the link in my signature.

Then, you will have to unpack the zip to a folder of your choise.

Last, configure DOSBox to use that folder as it's virtual hdd.

Guest 23-09-2007 07:20 AM

whoa i didnt think i would get a reply for at LEAST another few days. sorry for the caps, i was just so excited. ok im gonna try that DOSBox thing, then i will get back to you

Guest 23-09-2007 07:40 AM

do i need to unzip each file individually? im gonna go to bed, but i will check back tomorrow. thanks for the help mighty midget :)

_r.u.s.s. 23-09-2007 11:33 AM

well, open the zip, click the first file in it, hold your SHIFT button and press end. after all your files are marked press extract or drag and drop to a directory in your explorer (if you mean that :blink:)

Guest 14-11-2007 10:43 PM

I try to run this in DosBox 0.72 and it tells me "insufficient memory" any ideas?

The Fifth Horseman 15-11-2007 07:33 AM

Use Loadfix and reduce the amount of RAM memory available in DOSBox.conf

Devil_Hunter 04-01-2008 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_fifth_horseman (Post 311279)
Use Loadfix and reduce the amount of RAM memory available in DOSBox.conf

How do you do that?? Cause i have the same problem...

*Shugs* :p

Devil_Hunter 04-01-2008 07:10 AM

Ok, I kinda feel dumb now, the info was in the readme file lol..

But anyhow, I try the "loadfix" thing, n it says, "64 kb allocated" And i try to run Playroom, but it just froze my whole computer. Had to keep mashing my mouse in task manager to close it.

I also tried it with, "loadfix playroom," n it said, "64 kb allocated," n "64 kb freed." Same thing.. Just said not enough memory or whateva.

Then... I tried other, "loadfix -32," Froze my computer again. So.................... WTH???? :confused::confused::eek::eek:

I really just want to play thou this game once, to relive those memories lol.

The Fifth Horseman 04-01-2008 01:28 PM

First try just reducing the amount of RAM memory emulated by DOSBox. If that doesn't help, then you'll have to use loadfix.

There's a nice page on the official DOSBox wiki that explains the use of loadfix:
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/oldwik...rams%2FLoadFix

Devil_Hunter 04-01-2008 08:47 PM

Welp, i tried every way with loadfix as possible, according to the wiki, n still get the lock up error.

When I type in "Mem," It says 63 kb freeconventional memory, 63 free upper memory in one block(s) (largest UMB 63 kb), 31664 kb free extended memory, 31664 kb free expand Memory"

Not sure if that helps or not, also here is my set up in the dosbox conf file.

machine=vga
memsize=32
core=dynamic
cycles=max
cycleup=500
cycledown=20

Running Dosbox .72, I'm still a newbie at Dosbox, so how do I lower the ram??

Hopfully its not the memsize thing.

Devil_Hunter 04-01-2008 09:01 PM

K so i figure out its not the memsize thing..

But now i tried this step or example from the wiki..

Example #1

C:> mem
C:> loadfix
C:> doom
C:> loadfix -f

It lowed the memory, i think, but now it won't let me play the game. I type in playroom n playroom.exe, but it won't start. I'm so confused :confused:

The Fifth Horseman 05-01-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

K so i figure out its not the memsize thing..
Incidentally, it is (vide the readme file if you don't believe me). Try setting it to 4.

Second, Dynamic Core can cause problems with a few games. Set core=normal to change that.

Third, rather than duplicate the examples try reading the information about what do they do.
* The MEM command only displays available memory.
* Running LOADFIX with the -f argument unloads it and frees the memory you occupied with it first. Not what you want, obviously.
* Why the hell did you try running Doom when it's not in the directory?

Quote:

I type in playroom n playroom.exe, but it won't start.
"Just" won't start or are there any error messages?

Devil_Hunter 05-01-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_fifth_horseman (Post 315537)
* Why the hell did you try running Doom when it's not in the directory?

"Just" won't start or are there any error messages?

First off, no I didn't type in doom, i typed in playhouse in the place of doom from the example. Second, when it "just" won't start, what i mean is that i try to play the game, but nothing happens.

Dosbox sets there idle, after what i do from the example. But anyhow, let me try these new settings, n see if the game will work.

Guess what...... I turned the "machine" to ega, n typed in playega,... the game flippin works. Wow, all this time lol.

All it was, is that i turned the "machine" line to ega, n type in playega, n the game works like a charm...

CASE CLOSED!!!! :D

tikbalang 18-10-2008 11:20 AM

wasn't there a vga version of this game?

_r.u.s.s. 18-10-2008 12:12 PM

maybe you have played amiga version or something

SmartOne1 29-07-2010 04:01 AM

The 1993 version is VGA and has much better graphics and sound. I lost the discs, and I'm missing one file:

ABC.DAT

Someone please upload the 1993 version!

botofotogoto 03-12-2011 06:29 PM

x

IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO FIND THIS.

Thank god for this website. Seriously.

I've been searching for 2 days, hours spent trying to figure out what this memory was... the desire to see this was so high. To remembeR!!!!!!

AND NOW I HAVE!!! YES!!!

COMPUTER LAB, 1995 or so

redwing634 20-10-2020 01:36 AM

The download page seems broken. Anyone able to resolve?

http://files.abandonia.com/download....&td=1603156651

Smiling Spectre 22-10-2020 06:27 AM

Try Abovo. http://www.abandonia.com/contact

(No, seriously. They are masters here, and we are powerless until they will fix files.)

The current time is 10:35 PM (GMT)