Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Programming (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Styling the Fox (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27073)

GTX2GvO 10-05-2011 07:21 AM

Styling the Fox

Since I installed Stylish for firefox together with Vertical Tabs I was looking for styles that made the whole fox look nice and dark.

After finding out that there either wasn't a single style that did this OR I had to install a dozen styles that would work against each other I decided to write my own style. :perv:

Anyway. If you have Stylish + Vertical Tabs + a Dark/Black Persona/theme, please check out it out. :)

http://userstyles.org/styles/47643/t...round-and-text

Also. Suggestions for improvements and other options/colorings are welcome. :)

And for those that don't have the above mentioned collection

Tracker 10-05-2011 06:56 PM

Well, not Firefox-dedicated solution, but you might want to install the Royale Noir theme, if you have Windows Xp. That one is free, an original M$ theme, and most important of all: dark. Also there are those 'personas' which can add to the depressed mood. I hope this was useful.

EDIT: it seems not really, but I leave this post to be for the sake of others looking for help for that

KrazeeXXL 11-05-2011 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTX2GvO
I was looking for styles that made the whole fox look nice and dark.

check out the "NASA Night Launch" theme

GTX2GvO 11-05-2011 07:06 AM

When I was on WinXP I did had the roil noir theme. :)
Now on Win 7 I've just set my aero to as black as possible.
I also don't think that the black setting is depressing.
(not if you do it right. ;) )

I think I HAVE checked that Nasa them once.
Also used a Persona Called "Area 51 black" for a while.
But now I have no need for theme's/persona's, since I've figured out how to paint the toolbars with style code. :D

GTX2GvO 11-05-2011 10:54 AM

I've just made some BIG edit's to the style.

You can now choose Different colors for your Toolbars and Tabs.
Including an all out transparent For a very glassy look. :D

Ohne Mitleid 11-05-2011 10:46 PM

Who's afraid of the dark anyway...

1 Attachment(s)
not me

GTX2GvO 11-05-2011 11:31 PM

I'd like to see the style code for that. :sneaky:

Ohne Mitleid 13-05-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTX2GvO (Post 427216)
I'd like to see the style code for that. :sneaky:

I'll share it with you eventually, but it is really a mess right now. I also need to know if I am seeing the same things everyone else is seeing. I mean, am I fixing stuff (for me) to look at that would make someone else's browser look messed up?

I am really only doing this for the edutainment aspect of it. Well, and to fix the way I can finally see Abandonia without all of the stuff that has been bugging me for a while. :p

GTX2GvO 13-05-2011 01:08 PM

ooohhh. Now I really want to see the style code. :D
Maybe I can find a few bugs. :whistling:

And I'm only using Stylish for the fun, getting my fox look cool and learning some coding along the way. :)

Ohne Mitleid 13-05-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTX2GvO (Post 427263)
ooohhh. Now I really want to see the style code. :D
Maybe I can find a few bugs. :whistling:

And I'm only using Stylish for the fun, getting my fox look cool and learning some coding along the way. :)

I don't know if it is really style, or code for that matter. In either case, it is not my creation, just my modification.:mhh:

As far as bugs go, I am more concerned with changing something like this:
Code:

font-weight: bold !important;
  font-style: normal !important;
  font-variant: small-caps !important;
  font-size: .90em !important;
  line-height: 1.2em !important;
  font-family: Tahoma, Sans-serif !important;

into this:
Code:

font: bold normal small-caps .90em/1.2 tahoma, sans-serif !important;
It's lunchtime on Friday here. I'll PM you with what I have accomplished early Monday morning. :oK?

Ohne Mitleid 16-05-2011 12:25 AM

If you don't like what you got...

2 Attachment(s)
Or so the song goes. I fixed this which has been bugging me for a while. It seems the "select language" thing is a variable text string that is assigned to a pixel position over the balloon for the nerd guy. The reason it looks chopped off in my previous post is because my screen is too large for the dimensional design of this site. Basically, the site was created with absolute pixel coordinates vs. percentage positioning and the appropriate use of float, absolute or relative, depending on the desired result. See the attached for the fixed look. Oh, I fixed the ad placement too. Oh, and I fixed a lot of other stuff too. There is also another screenshot here of the file 'size' overlap thing that has haunted me since day one. The screenshot shows the broken image, but that is fixed as well.

GTX2GvO, I'll try to send you two PMs. One containing a list of notes (boring) and the other containing the dark style code. There is still a lot to do and the code is sloppy and messy, but what I have done works for me. It may vary for other users. Especially, I imagine, the Mac users :p

More later, I'm sure. I really would like to finish this at some point and have people "test drive" it... or not. :sneaky:

Cheers
Ohne

EDIT:
GTX2GvO
:OK:
You've got mail

GTX2GvO 16-05-2011 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohne Mitleid (Post 427277)
As far as bugs go

I've found 1 bug you need to fix ASAP. :p

Code:

/* replacement graphic for head.gif */
#header {
height: 0 !important;
width: 0 !important;
padding-left: 977px !important;
padding-top: 120px !important;
background:url("file:///C:/Users/Ohne/Pictures/Abandonia%20Work/headtrns.gif") no-repeat !important;
}

I have no access to YOUR harddrive, so could you post linked images to PUBLIC hosts? :rolleyes:

Oh and.

Code:

body, .page, #container{
background-color:#333333 !important;
color:#454545 !important;
padding-left: 35px !important;
}

That can remain 0 to keep the site to the left. :bleh1:
(And you can see I've changed the Background into not too black, but that's personal choice)

Oh one last thing. I'm not keeping this enabled till the bugs are ironed out. :D

Ohne Mitleid 16-05-2011 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the graphic. I hoped you saved a backup of the original because once you use this or any other replacement graphics, I don't think you will see the world the same way.

There are no "bugs". It is an incomplete work in progress that I had previously told you I would share with you today. It should be nothing less than what it is, and quite a bit more than what you already had to work with, or so I imagine.

Unless you are already had a completed css style and you are trying to practice some kind of secret CSS ninja stuff on me, then it's ok.
:ph34r:

Ohne Mitleid 20-05-2011 05:10 PM

FF4 and the Daily Quiz

1 Attachment(s)
Nevermind all the personalization for Abandonia, I am done with the way I want mine to look. I did add one more little thing though, as a separate style. I kept it separate from the rest of my style so I can toggle it on or off.

The basic function is to make the game review screenshots smaller so more twice as many screenshots on a page at one time. Upon hover, the hovered imaged is enlarged. I like it anyway :dunno:

The current time is 03:20 PM (GMT)