Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Approved Requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Lord Of Chaos (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=20332)

DeathsHead 07-02-2006 08:40 PM

This game was great under the AMIGA. Trying to find anything but screenshots of it is a nightmare now! I want it and am willing to pay too! Anyone know where it can be bought?

:sniper: :Titan: :ranting:

Scatty 07-02-2006 10:18 PM

Try to look from here: Mobygames
Also two links below the description there that lead to eBay and Amazon where you can buy it.

DeathsHead 08-02-2006 04:33 PM

:cry: Cheers for that Scatty. This was a link I have found already though and it does not link to any tangible area that the game can be acquired.

Scatty 08-02-2006 09:08 PM

Oh, but it does, as written above, there are links to either eBay or Amazon, and you can select your country for the right area links of eBay or Amazon. All you need to do is to get there and buy it, unless you mean that the eBay of your country doesn't have this game currently listed for sell. But then you can try to search on eBay of a nearby country, and maybe the game is delivered there all around the world or in nearby countries.

DeathsHead 08-02-2006 11:06 PM

I looked and saw nothing that was relevant ......

Gelfo 08-02-2006 11:37 PM

Well I checked on there and Amazon had nothing for it (which isnt suprising) but ebay (UK) did have one copy of the Amiga version

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Amiga-Lords-Of-Chaos...1QQcmdZViewItem

DeathsHead 09-02-2006 06:04 PM

Can this be run on PC?

a1s 09-02-2006 08:19 PM

witha an emulator and a 5'' drive , maybe... so no.

Titan 09-02-2006 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by a1s@Feb 9 2006, 10:19 PM
witha an emulator and a 5'' drive , maybe... so no.
Amiga uses 3,5" standard discs, and with the correct software, you CAN actualy run it.. Never wonderd how you get a ROM-file from an AMIGA DISC?

Anyway, since this is a PC-only site, you might have better luck asking at any of the Amiga-sites outthere...

Gelfo 10-02-2006 02:36 PM

5" drive, tssss

To make an amiga rom file (.adf) you need an Amiga with a hard drive.. basically, and there are several programs available to perform the operation. Um.. I'm not sure if there are any programs available to do it on a PC, I've never looked.

I started converting some of my Amiga games to adf fromat when I first got a PC, but after about 5 games got annoyed because I had billions of games, and Amiga emulation is s***e.

Rogue 10-02-2006 03:42 PM

Amiga uses 3.5" disk, which is not that standard, but amiga formated. In the order to read disk on regular PC you'll need a floppy disk drive that supports amiga format (I can find a list of drives if needed) and then you still need to do some wire-moving stuff. Not fun at all.

Instead of posting this question on DOS forum, you should post it on an Amiga forum such as English Amiga Board (google).

@Gelfo - today amiga emulator is almost better then a real thing. It emulates everything, from hard disk to 4 floppies, all video chips including AGA and very nice sound. Add to this save state option and WHDLoad, which makes Amiga games hard disk compatible (which were never meant to)! In overall, the best and most complete emu yet for any system. (Of course I'm talking about WinUAE)

@Titan - there aree programs to extract amiga files from disks to a file, and you don't need hard disk, as you might use PC connection to do it. BUt why to do it when all of the games are available on roms already.

As for disk format, most older games were done in ADF format, but my favorite format is IPF. It stores original disk, and if you write over that disk, you can always move it back to previous state. So for example if game uses floppy disk to write hi-scores, you can later clear all of that and have again original disk. This format is done by amiga preservation project.

The Fifth Horseman 10-02-2006 04:58 PM

Actually, Amiga can read/write normal FDD's as well.

Gelfo 10-02-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Anubis@Feb 10 2006, 04:42 PM
WHDLoad

Word Word. I used this (and the other one.. J..something) when I had my A1200 functional, it was great.

Every PC Floppy Drive I have ever tried an amiga formatted disk in has been able to read it fine.

Amigas normally only have 750k? floppies so they go all spazzy if you put a 1.44mb disk into them. 750kb Dos formatted disks are a rarity these days, but you could install a High Density Floppy drive into an Amiga and then with Crossdos, the world is yours for the taking... I need to lie down

Rogue 11-02-2006 01:54 AM

You can install network card in A1200 and then you don't have a need for floppies. :)

DeathsHead 12-02-2006 05:08 PM

Guess thats a no for the game then :angry:
If any one maneges to get this from any place working on PC pls let me know. Thanks.

Titan 13-02-2006 12:33 AM

Look... just because a game exsisted on AMIGA, doesn't automaticly make it appear on a PC-platform...

So.. if you want to play old Amiga-games, there are two ways, and ONLY 2 ways..

Either you get the real hardware (Amiga 500, 600, 1200 and so on) OR you EMULATE the hardware on another system.

The amiga 500/600 used NORMAL 3,5" 720 kb DD discs, and COULD take HD 1,4 MB but only read/write 720 of them.
The 1200 had in SOME cases a HD-drive (not Hard Drive) and could take the full 1,4 MB / disc.

All this talk about 5,25" is from ppl who never owned a Comodore Amiga XXX, and should be ignored, as they are GUESSING and not knowing FACTS.. (pretty big difference).

I have owned 1 A500 (standard, not +) 1 A600 40MB HD, 1 A1200 AGA (no HD) with a CD32 addon.

To answer your question; Your best bet is to get an Emulator, buy the Kickstart-ROM from the official Amiga-site, and get some games.

Scatty 13-02-2006 06:39 AM

As you all can see here on Mobygames the game is available for PC too, and you can buy it on eBay at least, if you click on the review of the respective version of the game. And if not, search somewhere on the net.
I don't know what else is here in this thread to discuss yet :crazy:

Fantasy Freak 24-07-2006 05:37 PM

This was ace was later bettered by magic and mayhem, sorta...

In case you haven't noticed I used to have an ST so some of these games might not have been done on PC if so just shout at me I can take it :kosta:

Tom Henrik 24-07-2006 06:00 PM

It was made for DOS, yeah - and it is Abandoned.

You might want to try using this in the future. That's what I use to find the answers to your questions ;)

Fantasy Freak 24-07-2006 06:26 PM

Yeah but it's more fun letting you lot do the leg work ^_^

The Fifth Horseman 25-07-2006 02:48 PM

Maybe.
However... some people might have very negative opinion on this kind of laziness.
Please do your own checking from now on.

Dave 01-08-2007 04:10 PM

Lords of Chaos (1991) Published by Blade Software Ltd. & Developed by Mythos Games Ltd.
Abandonware

DeathsHead 01-08-2007 05:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David86 @ Aug 1 2007, 05:10 PM) [snapback]302311[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Lords of Chaos (1991) Published by Blade Software Ltd. & Developed by Mythos Games Ltd.
Abandonware
[/b]
Can you provide a diret link? I cannot find it as you have stated. Thanks.

Dave 01-08-2007 06:03 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DeathsHead @ Aug 1 2007, 07:19 PM) [snapback]302319[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Can you provide a diret link? I cannot find it as you have stated. Thanks.
[/b]
I never said it's on Abandonia.

I said it's Abandonware, and now we can put it on Abandonia.
We need the game, we need a review, some screenshots and maybe a manual.
Understood?

Man_of_Mystery 01-08-2007 10:37 PM

a year later and you are still here with only one post outside this thread... wow I guess you are devoted to this game

Dave 02-08-2007 11:15 AM

eheh, he is he is... :)
Moved to Approved requests.

Pex 21-03-2009 08:40 AM

Lords of Chaos

... but I cannot remember its name :|

I used to play it on C=64 in like late 80s (maybe early 90s), but I believe there was a PC version as well.

Anyway, in game you controlled a wizard which could summon different creatures to fight for him. Depending on a level (as in map, not difficulty level) you select, you could play against other players (hot seat) or computer. Before the game you distribute points to 'buy' creatures you can later use in the game. There you also buy a level of spell, which usually meant the number of creatures that you would be able to summon during the game, casting that summoning spell.

Creatures varied - i remember vampires, pixies, goblins, etc. Some could fly, some could collect weapons that were on the map and use and some could even use some spells of their own. To summon them you needed mana, which you had at the beginning but after that you had to send creatures to collect some banana like things. You were able to move your wizard as well and fight with him, but it wasn't always the best choice.

View was top down and I believe it used hexagonal grid for playing. I remember that in game of more than 2 players, if your wizard got killed, you could've still controlled surviving summoned creatures, but you couldn't win the game, since as soon as one of the remaining wizards got killed, the last one standing would be the winner. But at least you could try to revenge your wizard by attacking the player that had him killed ;)

Anyway, google search yielded Master of Monsters, but somehow I don't think that was the one. I don't remember battles between monster happening in a separate (Mortal Kombat like) screen, and that is what the above mentioned game mentions. I could be wrong, though, it was a long time ago.

Any ideas?

The Fifth Horseman 21-03-2009 09:55 AM

Sounds a little like Archon or Archon Ultra.

Pex 21-03-2009 10:23 AM

Just checked those on the forum and it's neither of them. This game didn't have a chess board or anything like. Thanks anyway :)

Acethor 24-03-2009 03:30 PM

Was it by any chance Master of Magic?

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/18...+of+Magic.html

Just a guess off the top of my head.

EDIT: Btw, do you know what genre the game belonged to? e.g RPG, Strategy, etc

Pex 24-03-2009 11:40 PM

No, it wasn't Master of Magic. The game didn't have any managerial part or construction, for that matter. As for the genre, I'd say strategy.

I checked all the games on this site (it took me a few days, but I managed it ;) ) and it's not here. I just hoped someone else might've played it and remembered the name.

Acethor 25-03-2009 03:20 AM

Is this the game you were thinking of?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/c64/lords-of-chaos

:yawn:

Pex 25-03-2009 08:48 AM

It is! :clap:

Thanks for finding it :thumbs:

Now, how do I check if the game is an abandonware?

Acethor 25-03-2009 09:18 AM

Go to the services tab at the top of this page and click oldwarez list. Then type in the name.

Heheh... actually I checked it already for you and it is abandonware. :tongue:

ianphillips2347 25-06-2009 06:20 PM

Lord Of Chaos

The Lords Of Chaos

I totally loved this turn based wizard war and played it to death as a child and Ive done numerous searches for a playable version of the game but, Ive had no luck.

Is there even a playable version out there? I would also dearly love the expansion pack which, I can remember as a child, being told I wasnt allowed to fill out the purchase slip included in the original manual to buy - I would have happily traded a years pocket money to have been able to expand upon the 3 standard maps!

Chris 25-06-2009 09:52 PM

Lord of Chaos (Blade Software Ltd., 1991) [APPROVED]

ianphillips2347 27-06-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 372468)
Lord of Chaos (Blade Software Ltd., 1991) [APPROVED]

Okay, thanks Chris - I have no idea what that means though :oh:

skillz 27-06-2009 09:45 PM

It's approved for upload

The current time is 12:36 PM (GMT)